Your SlideShare is downloading. ×
0
Chapter 6 central america and the caribbean ppt lesson 1
Chapter 6 central america and the caribbean ppt lesson 1
Chapter 6 central america and the caribbean ppt lesson 1
Chapter 6 central america and the caribbean ppt lesson 1
Chapter 6 central america and the caribbean ppt lesson 1
Chapter 6 central america and the caribbean ppt lesson 1
Chapter 6 central america and the caribbean ppt lesson 1
Chapter 6 central america and the caribbean ppt lesson 1
Chapter 6 central america and the caribbean ppt lesson 1
Chapter 6 central america and the caribbean ppt lesson 1
Chapter 6 central america and the caribbean ppt lesson 1
Chapter 6 central america and the caribbean ppt lesson 1
Chapter 6 central america and the caribbean ppt lesson 1
Chapter 6 central america and the caribbean ppt lesson 1
Chapter 6 central america and the caribbean ppt lesson 1
Chapter 6 central america and the caribbean ppt lesson 1
Chapter 6 central america and the caribbean ppt lesson 1
Chapter 6 central america and the caribbean ppt lesson 1
Chapter 6 central america and the caribbean ppt lesson 1
Chapter 6 central america and the caribbean ppt lesson 1
Chapter 6 central america and the caribbean ppt lesson 1
Chapter 6 central america and the caribbean ppt lesson 1
Chapter 6 central america and the caribbean ppt lesson 1
Chapter 6 central america and the caribbean ppt lesson 1
Chapter 6 central america and the caribbean ppt lesson 1
Chapter 6 central america and the caribbean ppt lesson 1
Chapter 6 central america and the caribbean ppt lesson 1
Upcoming SlideShare
Loading in...5
×

Thanks for flagging this SlideShare!

Oops! An error has occurred.

×
Saving this for later? Get the SlideShare app to save on your phone or tablet. Read anywhere, anytime – even offline.
Text the download link to your phone
Standard text messaging rates apply

Chapter 6 central america and the caribbean ppt lesson 1

865

Published on

2010 Term 1 Unit 3 - Chapter 6

2010 Term 1 Unit 3 - Chapter 6

Published in: Education, Travel, Business
0 Comments
0 Likes
Statistics
Notes
  • Be the first to comment

  • Be the first to like this

No Downloads
Views
Total Views
865
On Slideshare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
1
Actions
Shares
0
Downloads
22
Comments
0
Likes
0
Embeds 0
No embeds

Report content
Flagged as inappropriate Flag as inappropriate
Flag as inappropriate

Select your reason for flagging this presentation as inappropriate.

Cancel
No notes for slide

Transcript

  • 1. Chapter 6 - CENTRAL AMERICA and the CARIBBEAN ISLANDS Lesson 1 我认为世界外国语中学的学生是可
  • 2. Yr 8’s Let’s hop on the plane, and we’ll start our WFLMS journey to Central America!
  • 3. The Caribbean
  • 4. Core Vocabulary Rim land archipelago 群岛 Antilles 安的列斯群 岛 Haciendas 庄园 Cash crop 经济作物
  • 5. Cuba - Coat of Arms
  • 6. Cuban Flag
  • 7. Puerto Rica Coat of Arms
  • 8. Puerto Rica - Flag
  • 9. Haitian Coat of Arms
  • 10. Haiti Flag
  • 11. Panamanian Coat of Arms
  • 12. Panama Flag
  • 13. Guatemala is a country with a rich history, and is known especially for the ancient Mayan civilizationsMayan civilizations that lived there. Guatemala is about the size of Tennessee, and the capital city is Guatemala City. It is the most populous country in Central America, with 13,276,517 people living there. 60% of the people speak Spanish, and the other 40% speak indigenous languages.
  • 14. Guatemala does not have a national dish, but people traditionally eat a lot of maize (corn), rice, and beans. Guacamole is another very common dish that can be found on a Guatemalan plate. Guacamole is served with tortillas made out of maize. Coffee is very common, and most people drink it black with sugar.
  • 15.  What is the capital city of Guatemala?  Guatemala City  What percentage of the population speaks Spanish? – 60%  What are the three main staples in a Guatemalan diet? – Maize, rice, and beans
  • 16. Virgin Islands
  • 17. Martinique
  • 18. Barbados
  • 19. GRENADA
  • 20. Mestizos
  • 21. Haciendas ……next slide
  • 22. Hacienda Crops
  • 23. END of Lesson 1 HOMEWORK: Preview Chapter 6, Lesson 2

×