Virendra Singh Chauhan
‘Agri. Sciences graduate with 12 plus year’s of vital experience in seeds industry in rural India’
Cell: +91-9654333266, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Address: B-395, Patel Nagar-II, Ghaziabad-201001, UP
Seeking career opportunity in marketing or product management/development/evaluation with leading/emerging
agribusiness wherein I can add significant value to the organization through optimum utilization of my KES
(knowledge/experience/skills) with avenues for learning, personal growth and development . . .
Since 14th Jan 2010 as Marketing Manager with United Phosphorus Ltd (ADVANTA India Ltd), based in Delhi.
• Make strategic marketing plan for the zone in line with sales plan.
• Help achieve zone’s sales plan through marketing initiatives and innovations.
• Develop and implement Marketing Communication strategy for the zone.
• Management of marketing budget for the zone in line with sales budget.
• Develop and implement all products related strategy like promotion/PVD/sales campaign etc.
• Formulate product pricing, schemes for trade-customers etc
• New market/segment identification and development
• Liaisons with Govt.dept/agrivarsities,customer surveys, handling complaints etc
• Conceptualization of MCM’s, negotiations with vendors and making available all MCMs to regions as required.
• Coordination with research/PD Teams, training to TM’s/CSA’s/FPA’s on marketing activities.
• Indirectly manage with the team of 6 RMs, 32 Sales TM’s and 2 PD TMs besides 1 MM for vegetable crops.
• Organized 779 field days in the zone during spring season on coral 432 with huge success.
• Made zonal marketing plan for all 3 divisions (AF-FC-VC) in line with business plan.
• Organized Coral Masters Meet in Agra wherein top management participated with GOI officials.
• Developed unique communications on hybrid rice besides synergy campaigns between FC-VC-AF.
• Initiated crop masters programme in all crops and 1st time launch of ABS in vegetable crops.
• Initiated PPT programme in zone to test the research products under marketing set up and advance them for zone.
• ABS of 375 Mts hybrid Mustard during the ongoing season and poised for 400 Mts hybrid Mustard sales.
• Sales of 110 Mts Maize in UP which is the 1st ever highest sales in ADVANTA in UP.
Target & achievement oriented with an ability to take up challenges & perform in different work environments.
Adept in executing business plans, strategies besides good understanding of operational processes &
Rich & wide experience in marketing/sales/product development strategies besides product evaluation.
A down to earth, hardcore agribusiness professional having proven track record with capability to inculcate soft
Knowledge of markets with high business potential in North/West/East India for field & vegetable crops.
High degree of commitment, expertise, concept inception & development, leads by setting examples, trainer &
mentor for both peers & customers. Efficient at developing & implementing operational systems & procedures.
Proficient in MS Windows, MS Office & MS Outlook besides internet applications.
• B.Sc. Agri & AH with 83% marks/OGPA-9.12/10 from CSA University of Agri. & Tech., Kanpur in 1995;
(90-95; session delayed)
• Enrolled for MBA-Marketing from IMT-CDL Ghaziabad-3 year’s distance learning program.
• Intermediate with 70% marks in 1990 & High School with 60% marks in 1988 from UP Board, Allahabad.
• Elective programme in plant breeding & seeds production, ICAR merit scholarship while graduation for 4
• Training on pest management at JRF-Vapi while in UPL besides Rural Agricultural Work Experience (RAWE) during
1. Ability to take initiatives, creative, ability to lead groups/teams, interdependent project completions, excellent
interpersonal or soft skills, capability to explore & develop new market (SPM in UP/RPM in Rajasthan)
segments/concepts/ideas/USP’s/marketing creatives, expertise in exploring/mapping/developing new
2. Efficient finance management, budgeting, resource management (fixed & operational). Ability to perform under
optimum cost. Ability to perform under different work environments & cultures. Good at bridging & building
3. Excellent relationships with trade & farmers in North/East/West India with agribusiness/seeds industry leaders.
4. Appreciation letter from Mr.Balbinder Singh Kalsi, the then President of the DuPont India for the best
suggestions for process improvements in marketing/Sales in Pioneer.
5. Appreciation letter from CLT (DuPont & Pioneer India) for outstanding performance in Uttar Pradesh.
6. Attended several training programmes in marketing/sales/product development/agronomy/personal
development/MDP’s/LDP’s in Pioneer both India/abroad.
Mahyco Seeds Ltd;
June 95-Mar 98 as Field Supervisor (CPT) based in New Delhi.
1. Established & operated Crop Performance Testing (CPT) locations in designated territory.
2. Effectively conducted field & Vegetable crops trials in CPT locations with data success rate over 80%.
3. Hired, trained & developed good team to effectively conduct trials in field & vegetable crops at respective locations.
PHI Seeds Ltd;
April 98-April 03 as Marketing Officer-Western Rajasthan based in Jodhpur.
1. Growth of pearl millet business from 11 mt’s in May 99 to 165 mt’s in 2002 with 175 mt’s ABS for 2003.
2. Successfully identified, explored, mapped & developed new markets in western Rajasthan (Nagaur/Barmer).
3. Developed strong distribution network, efficiently managed product issues in summer & rainy pearl millet.
4. Developed & designed PCM’s/MCM’s for the territory/region besides sales campaign programmes.
5. Succeefully conducted farmer linkage programmes like VIPFP, PPFC’s etc.
6. Successfully conducted PAT/SBS/FS/AT/PCT’s in rainy & summer pearl millet besides mustard.
7. Hired, developed & advanced strong team of MDR’s/SCA’s so as to ensure continuous business growth.
PHI Seeds Ltd;
May 03-March 06 as Regional Agronomist-Uttar Pradesh/Bihar based in Lucknow.
1. Growth of business from 3.5 crore to 16.5 crores besides robust platform for future business growth.
2. Successfully lead rainy pearl millet BDP & volume increased from 65 mt to 735 mt’s with high NRV.
3. Successfully initiated, lead, explored, devised & implemented business strategy to develop SPM market in UP from
4. Successfully lead hybrid mustard BDP & strategy & sales of hybrid mustard grown to 45 mt’s from almost nil.
5. Successfully lead maize BDP & strategy in UP & maize volume grown from 136 mt to 489 mt’s.
5. Rice business grown from 38 mt to 731 mt during 03-06 (ABS). Expert in statistical software EUROPIS being used in
6. Successfully conducted all PATs/ATs/TS/SBS/Expo’s in UP in rice, corn, pearl millet, mustard with over 80% significant
7. Conceptualized developed & designed product USP’s & marketing communication materials/creative’s.
8. Hired, developed & advanced strong team of MDR’s/SCA’s who grown up to TM’s both inside/outside.
9. Established concepts like kernel count, HDP’s in maize among farmers besides participation in numerous PDP’s in field.
April 06-September 06 as Product Development Manager-North based in Ludhiana.
1. Market survey for field & vegetable crops with detailed report & strategic planning for business growth.
2. Managed 40 LST & 5 RCGM cotton trials in NCZ with team & consequently Namcot 402 approved for sales by DBT.
3. Successfully managed product complaints in water melon, Okra & musk melon besides tomato with input from
4. Worked with Dr.OP Dutta & Dr.N.Anand in water melon/okra & tomato respectively for a week in Ludhiana/Bangalore.
5. Identified VT20 & NS 585 in tomato for hills & plains from product trials during summer 2006 & conducted 3 PPA’s.
6. Developed & designed product USP’s for Namcot 402 besides planning, organizing & participating in PPA’s.
7. Trained & developed good team for cotton product development including LST’s/RCGM trials.
Metahelix Life Sciences (Dhaanya Seeds);
October 06-March 07 as Market Development Manager-North based in Lucknow.
1. Developed & designed product/market development strategies besides product advancement programmes.
2. Devised product/market development plans (3-5 year’s) for hybrid rice, corn, pearl millet, tomato, okra & hot pepper.
3. Successfully handled maize product issues in Bihar besides market survey for vegetable & field crops.
4. Liaison with dept. of Agri./Horti./Corporate retail formats thereby generated business for over 25 lacs from Triveni
5. Developed & designed DRH 748/775 product USP’s & supported PM’s in marketing communication materials.
6. Planned, organized & participated in over 15 mega PDA’s in hybrid rice during Oct 06 with high conversion rate of
7. Planned & participated in farmer fairs & hybrid rice conference jointly organized by UPCAR & CARD in Lucknow.
Metahelix Life Sciences (Dhaanya seeds);
April 07-August 09 as Manager-Trials & Agronomy based in Ghaziabad.
1. Established & operated 9 strategic MLT locations in key business regions for field, fiber & vegetable crops.
2. Developed, designed & implemented effective trials programmes, reporting systems, processes & procedures.
3. Quality data delivery with over 80% success rate & advancement of 15 new products to next level from
4. MLT operational costs vs success has been the most optimum with substantial revenues to company from MLT
5. Hired, trained & developed a team of 9 research associates & 7 research assistants to effectively conduct MLT’s.
6. Ensured smooth & timely visits of scientists/management/product managers/LPD/Govt.officials etc.
7. Conducted feasibility surveys for crops/markets/climatic/customer requirements to ensure strategic MLT locations in
8. Liaison with MOA/MOEF/DBT/RCGM committee in New Delhi for export/import besides works related to bt cotton
9. Initiated & implemented the MLT programme in the farmer’s fields instead of leased l& for all field crops across
10. Explored, identified & ensured long land lease agreements with best facilities for MLT’s with best farmers on optimum
Metahelix Life Sciences (Dhaanya Seeds):
September 13th 2009-13th Jan 2010 as Regional Sales Manager at Ghaziabad for WUP/UK/MP states
1. Organized 378 PPA’s in the region by participation, arranging resources, training & motivation to team
2. Developed strategic business plan with team & set goals of revenues/realization & sales return with team for 2010-11.
3. Traveled to almost all potential markets/dealers/retailers of the region with live fields of pearl millet, rice & maize
4. Finalized channel expansion plan with the team before 31st Jan 2010 so as to make path for exponential growth in
5. Finalized peoples restructuring & hiring plan for both full time & temporary with the supervisor before 31st Jan 2010.
Date of Birth: 20th July 1972
Permanent address: V.Po.Rautapur, District-Raebareli-229216, UP
Marital Status: Married with two children’s.
Languages: English & Hindi-Proficient in both languages in terms of read/write/speak.
References: Available on requirement.