Tune into your Impulse
Go to market strategy for an international apparel and shoes brand
MBA- Communication Management
Indian Apparel and Footwear Industry
- The domestic apparel market , which was worth INR 207,400 (2012), is
grow at a CAGR of 9% over the next decade.
-The Indian footwear retail market is expected to grow at a CAGR of over
15% for the period spanning from 2011 to 2015.
- The rugged apparel category consisting of denims, active wear and TShirts for both men and women is almost worth INR 56,287.
- Out of this, men’s apparel category almost account for INR 36,584 and
women’s apparel category almost account for INR 19,703.
At present 13
Men’s wear Rs
Launched in 1992.
Appeal to masses.
More than 500
stores in the
Brand for adventure
Men’s wear Rs
Women’s wear Rs
Launched in 2013.
Appeal to classes.
Currently has 5
outlets in NCR
Brand, Plays on
its Vintage Thrift
Men’s wear Rs
- Despite the not so optimistic economic scenario of 2012, the demand for
denim is growing, especially with the younger generation.
- There is a heightened acceptance of casual or ‘Friday ’ dressing.
- The shift from formal attire to comfort -oriented casual attire is driving the
market for’ T-shirts , along side the demand for denim.
- Consumers are in a phase of transition they no longer want to stick to
wearing apparel of defined style sand silhouette but also want to
experiment with the look
of the clothing.
- Customers in the super premium segment are willing to pay a premium to
That their tailor -made clothing reflects their own personality and also
helps them differentiate themselves and get noticed.
BRAND VISION AND MISSION
The bodacious sense of Fashion.
To provide premium quality apparel and
footwear which gives a confident and
rugged appearance to the consumer.
The brand will stand for those who are bold and courageous.
It represents those who believe that adventure is the new
mantra of life. They enjoy facing new challenges everyday in
Madcap will target :
- Young men and women who belong to SEC A.
- It will include both college students and working professionals in the age
group of 18 to 35 years.
I want to be
all day long.
my toes all
It’s a new
MARKET ENTRY STRATEGY & POSITIONING
will enter the Indian market in a company operated
- It will be available to the consumer through independent retail
stores in five big cities: Bangalore, Mumbai, Pune, Delhi,
Madcap will be positioned as follows:
--The stores will be located in premium malls across these cities.
Adventure and sports lifestyle brand.
- For people who like rugged and casual clothing.
- It is for people who look for comfort but style is important
- They love to go into the wild and explore everything out
- Our apparel and footwear line will create latest fashion
MADCAP will youth.
trends for the be positioned in the premium segment of the apparel industry.
Proper emphasis will be
given on the training of the
MARKETING MIX: PLACE & DISTRIBUTION
MARKETING MIX: PROMOTIONS
-Magazines: Filmfare, GQ, Femina, Vogue, TopGear
-Websites: Banner Advertising on websites ie:
• Social Media
- Create a page on Facebook “MADCAP INDIA”.
- Display the latest collection of apparel and footwear on the page.
- Hire a social media agency to generate conversations around the brand.
• Public Relations
-Brand Launch: The brand will be launched during a Fashion Show which
will witness the presence of all eminent fashion world personalities, from
models to designers. The success story will be covered by the press.
- Store Launch: The stores will be launched by celebrities like John
Abraham, Aayushman Khurana, etc. These stories will also be covered in
THE FUTURE AHEAD
In the next phase:
- Madcap stores will be launched in other cities: Ludhiana, Kolkatta,
Aurangabad , Gurgaon
- The brand will also bring in line extensions such as Kid’s wear.
- After establishing a decent customer base in India, it will bring a Loyalty
Program to its customers to strengthen its customer relations.
- The brand also plans to start a CSR initiative to promote gender equality in