Blog posts and e portfoliosPresentation Transcript
• to make regular updates
assignments, events, and
anything going on in class
• To engage students in their
learning and extend
classmates and even people
all over the world
*Students can be required to post a short (a few sentences
or a short paragraph) synopsis of each reading in the
student’s blog. Students can be requested to create
• a short dialog between the authors of each week’s texts
• list ways in which the subject of the texts could affect
the student’s life or society
• reflect on the implications of the texts for life online in
• answer their own key questions from their own
Description of community activities
Links to relevant websites
Plans for career development
Special skills / knowledge, technical skills, etc.
Decide what pages
you want included
I use this as a
template for my class.
I show them this
picture so that they
know how to set-up
New individual and
Weebly for Education is Perfect for
You and Your Students
• Use it for creating classroom websites, student e-portfolios,
and websites for assigned projects.
• Their drag & drop website editor is simple to use, and
appropriate for use with students of all ages.
• Weebly enables your students to express themselves
creatively using a variety of multimedia features, all within
a protected environment that you control.
• No HTML or technical skills required!
• Weebly was named one of TIME's 50 Best Websites of the
Weebly is easy to manipulate
Add / Edit text
Change text fonts
Add PDFs and other documents
Alter page layouts with multiple
• Upload Images – create a gallery
• Create a slideshow
Referral code to use for 10 extra student accounts
• http://bit.ly/MsBWeebly - go here to create your account
My Weebly sites
• My ePortfolios - http://MsBisOnline.weebly.com
• My sample student site http://SampleEngSite.weebly.com
Contact me if you need me
I am an English Language Arts teacher from New
Orleans, Louisiana who looks for all opportunities to
integrate technology into my classroom.
I blog. http://2blog2share2learn.edublogs.org/
I tweet. http://twitter.com/MsBisOnline
I share. http://msbisonline.weebly.com/
Need to contact me?
about.me/VRBurton – myself
about.me/BurtonsScholars – my class