2. A Project study on NGO For Partial Fulfillment of the requirement of the MBA Program S.K.Patel Institute of Management & Computer studies Gandhinagar Presented by: Parakhiya Vasant
3. <ul><li>1. Acknowledgement…………………….. </li></ul><ul><li>2. Objectives of the project………………. </li></ul><ul><li>3. Introduction to the NGO……………… </li></ul><ul><li>4. Research Methodology………………... </li></ul><ul><li>5. Growth of the organization …………… </li></ul><ul><li>6. Activities done by organization………. </li></ul><ul><li>7. Expenses incurred……………………… </li></ul><ul><li>8. Questionnaire Analysis………………… </li></ul><ul><li>9. Limitation……………………………… </li></ul><ul><li>10. Conclusion……………………………. </li></ul>Flow of Presentation
4. <ul><li> We express our honest gratitude to Prof. Chinnam S. Reddy for giving us this inspiring work in our academic trimester(II) concern under his guidance we brought this challenging task to success. </li></ul><ul><li> </li></ul><ul><li>We are thankful to Mr. Vaibhav Jani & Mr. Yogesh Parmar, authority of Samrpan Mukhbadhir Vidhyamandir for giving us necessary data regarding the organization. We would also thankful to all those students who gave their response in our project. </li></ul><ul><li> </li></ul><ul><li>We are also thankful to our faculty guide Prof.Parnika Jha for providing us continuous guidance as well as necessary comments. </li></ul><ul><li> </li></ul><ul><li>And, the last but not least, we would like to thank all those who have directly or indirectly contributed in the completion of our project work. </li></ul>Acknowledgement
5. <ul><li>The objectives behind our project study are as follows:- </li></ul><ul><li> </li></ul><ul><li>To study the working system of “SAMARPAN MUK BADHIR SHISHU VIDHYALAYA” by Saraswati Education Charitable Trust. </li></ul><ul><li> To conduct the questionnaire survey of the </li></ul><ul><li>satisfaction of the students studying in the </li></ul><ul><li>institute . </li></ul>OBJECTIVES OF THE PROJECT
7. <ul><li>The foundation has been setup to raise funds for charity work to be carried out to empower disabled children. The foundation focuses on making a difference in the lives of children who are deaf and dumb through educating them. </li></ul><ul><li>The organization intends to help children who have been rejected by society and help them grow into confident, educated adolescents and young adults. </li></ul><ul><li>Since 1988 the school for deaf and dumb children is running under the name of “SAMARPAN MUK BADHIR SHISHU VIDHYALAYA” by Sarswati Education Charitable Trust. </li></ul><ul><li>High school education is also started for these children since 2002. </li></ul>Introduction to Samarpan
8. <ul><li>In this school, every year number of students is increasing. At present the curriculum of standard 1 to 10 is being taught by specially qualified and experienced teachers to 235 students in the school. </li></ul><ul><li>Lodging-boarding clothes, medical aids and technical knowledge are given to all the children who comes here without any bias of religion, cast and region. </li></ul><ul><li>Along with studies, various activities are organized so that these children can live with self-respect and self-dependent life in the society. </li></ul><ul><li>The institution gives various training programmes like drawing, painting, book-biding, sheaving training, papers-box, manufacturing chalks, files, offset printing computer training etc., to these children according to their understanding and interest </li></ul>Introduction to Samarpan
9. <ul><li>A printing press has been started from the funds of Rs.94000 received from ‘Gujarat insecticide company ltd’ with the help of State bank of India. They are running a binding section with help of ‘Gujarat mineral development corporation’, business of making paper boxes have been started. </li></ul><ul><li>A computer embroidery machine has been brought from the donation given by Anand motors Gandhinagar for teaching embroidery work. </li></ul><ul><li>No fees or expenses are taken from the children who come to study in this institute. The government has given 13 units of cha type ‘Government Quarters’ in Sector-28 to this institute. </li></ul><ul><li>There is trouble in studying and other activities taking place in the building as they were build for the residential purpose and utilized by the school now. For that the institute has planed to build its own building. The institution has made demand for the land to the government and is thinking of expanding after getting the land. </li></ul>Introduction to Samarpan
10. Committee Members President Mrs. Divyaben Ravel Vice-President Dr. Nandlal Maanseta Treasurer Shree. B.J.Joshi Other Members/Advisors Shree. D T Patel Shree. G N Khoda Shree. Y N Nanjudiyah Shree V P Kaamdaar Mrs. lataben Choksi Dr. Hasmukhbhai Trivedi Shree. J N Parikh Shree. Vinod Barot Shree. Vaibhav Jani
11. Research methodology <ul><li> </li></ul> Data collection Primary data Questionnaire survey of students Secondary data Brochure of the organization Sample design 1) Type of sampling: Convenience sampling 2) Sample frame: Gandhinagar 3) Sample size: 30(students) 4) Limitations: We have chosen students of 8 th , 9 th and 10 th Standard because other students were unable to answer. Primary Focus : Children with deaf and dumb disabilities
12. Year to year growth of the students in the organization
13. No. of Girls and Boys in Organization Year Boys Girls Total 1996-97 129 70 199 1997-98 104 61 165 1998-99 99 56 155 1999-00 115 50 165 2000-01 121 60 181 2001-02 134 71 205 2002-03 151 75 226 2003-04 130 105 235 2004-05 173 80 253 2005-06 181 80 261 2006-07 165 70 235 2007-08 165 70 235
15. Offset Printing Book Binding Embroidery Works
16. Sewing classes Games “ Samuh Lagan” Organized Every year Chalk Manufacturing
17. Encourage Eye Donation Save tree projects
18. Types of Financing: 1)Grant –Grant is received from the Government. 2)Donation-Advertisement are given and through personal contacts. Financing of the organization
19. Expenses Incurred during year Year Number of children Expenses in Rupees 1996-97 199 1439020.48 1997-98 165 1681314.89 1998-99 155 1678714.67 1999-00 165 1961382.16 2000-01 181 3016578.76 2001-02 205 2572430.49 2002-03 226 2669870.41 2003-04 235 3085936.12 2004-05 253 3455253.07 2005-06 261 3632630.87 2006-07 235 3758915.30
20. Particulars Donation for lifetime/no of years per child Donation(Rs.) Education help for notebook, pencil, rubber etc 1 yr 301 A pair of uniform 1 yr 351 For adoption of child 1yr 501 For adoption of child Life time 5001 One time break fast 1 yr 551 Medical aid 1yr 1001 Lunch 1yr 1151 Dinner with sweet 1yr 3501 Helping member of the institute Life time 3001 Life Patron Lifetime 15001 Vice Patron Lifetime 11001
24. What are the things that you are missing in the institute?
25. Are you Satisfied with the facilities provided by institute ?
26. Do you need any extra Facilities apart from the facilities provided by the institute ?
27. If yes, than Mention.
28. What are the changes you have felt after joining the organization?
29. What do you want do in Future?
30. Do you Enjoy the extra activities organized by institute?
31. Mention the Extra activities you want to do.
32. What do you want to do for the people like you in the society?
33. <ul><li>The organization were not willing to reveal some of their financial activities. </li></ul><ul><li>We were not able to communicate clearly with the students due to their dissabilities. </li></ul>LIMITATION
34. <ul><li>Increase the number of trained staff. </li></ul><ul><li>More advertisements should be done for better donations. </li></ul><ul><li>They should try to convince government to provide better infrastructure for the organization. </li></ul><ul><li>Syllabus for the students are same as for the normal students which is very difficult for them to cope up with.New specially designed course should be introduced for students with such disabilities. </li></ul>Suggestion
35. <ul><li>From our survey we have observed that our NGO “Samarpan” has a very good working system .The students studying in this organization are satisfied with the Organization except for the infrastructure. </li></ul>Conclusion
36. <ul><li>Samarpan Brochure </li></ul><ul><li> </li></ul><ul><li>Business Research by Cooper & Schendlier </li></ul><ul><li> </li></ul><ul><li>PC Software by R.K.Taxali </li></ul>Bibliography