3. Objective<br />The objective of the Institution is to provide employment to the ladies to enable them to earn decent and dignified livelihood. <br />
4. vision<br /> The vision of the organization is to become women self-reliant and self-confident and has provided them the right platform to improve their status in society.<br />
5. Mission<br /> Shri Mahila Griha Udyog, the makers of the famous Lijjat Papad, is an organisation which symbolises the strength of a woman. Only women can become the members of the organisation. <br />
6. HISTORY<br /><ul><li> Our's is a women's organisation of the women, by the women and for the women.
7. It was started in 1959 with 7 lady members with a borrowed sum of Rs. 80/- at Girgaum in Mumbai.
8. The turning point of our Institution was in 1966 when it was registered under the Bombay Public Trust Act 1950 and also registered under Societies Registration Act, 1860 and got recognition from Khadi & Village Industries Commission as a village industry. </li></li></ul><li>
9. About organization<br />Any women who can render physical work in this Institution without distinction of caste, creed and colour and agrees to abide by the objective of the Institution can become a member of the Institution from the date on which she starts working. Papad production work starts at early hours in the morning i.e. 4.30 a.m. We have mini bus which picks the members from the closest point of residence to the branch and back home. <br />Every branch is headed by a Sanchalika to see the production of the branch. We have a Central Managing Committee, which consist of 21 members out of, which we have 6 (Six) elected Office Bearers i.e. President, Vice - President, 2 (Two) Secretaries and 2 (Two) Treasurers. <br />
10. Continue…<br />Besides Lijjat Papad the Institution has other products like Khakhra, Masala, Wadi, Detergent Powder & Cakes, Bakery Products & Chapaties. At present it has 69 Branches & 35 Divisions and gives self-employment to about 42,000 sister members all over India with Sales turnover of Rs. 470 Crores which includes Rs. 24 Crores of Exports.<br />Our exports are made through Merchant Exporters to countries like UK, USA, Middle East Countries, Thailand, Singapore, Hongkong, Holland, Japan, Australia and other Countries.<br />
11. PHILOSOPHY<br />This is a voluntary organization of sisters.<br />It is neither for the poor nor for the rich<br />The orhganization will never accept charity or grant from anyone.<br />It believes in running the business widely.<br />The organizxation should be run like a family.<br />It is a revered place of worship.<br />None can change these basic thoughts of the organozation<br />
13. PAPAD<br />Lijjat is the No. 1 player in this segment in all the markets that it is present. Infact the brand has become generic in nature. The Lijjat name is synonymous with quality papads. The only other established competitor in this segment is Tasty.<br />Papad making is a labour intensive and requires low working capital. Therefore there are hardly any entry barriers in this business. Also there are a lot of variants of papad based on the regional and local tastes. The local operators cater to a limited geographical area and appeal the local taste buds. <br />
14. DISADVANTAGES<br />No brand name and hence no brand loyalty.<br />No quality control<br />Lack of standardisation on the size and taste<br />
15. Awards and Achievements<br />The Institution has received an award from Khadi & Village Industries Commission as a "Best Village Industry" for the period 1998-1999 to 2000-2001.<br />On 6th September 2003 our Institution has received the Economic Times Award of "Businesswomen of the Year 2001-02 for Corporate Excellence".<br />In January 2003 we received the award for 'Best Village Industries' at the hands of Hon'ble Prime Minister Shri Atal Behari Vajpayee at New Delhi.<br />
17. Strategies according to me<br />They have to do the seminar for increase their employee’s morale.<br />They have to start distribution channel like Amway.<br />They have to do the more advertising for their products.<br />They have to start their own outlet in different areas.<br />
18. Suggestions<br />They have to invite the male employee.<br />They have to put their vision and mission on the website.<br />They have to put their videos of the products.<br />
19. Thanks For Watching<br />Please Share<br />Check out more great forwards at<br />email@example.com<br />firstname.lastname@example.org<br />Mo.No. :- 94279-13540<br />