2. Social project <ul><li>Submitted by </li></ul><ul><li>Parakhiya Vasant </li></ul>
5. SERVICE ASSOCIATION FOR BLIND BLIND PEOPLE SCHOOL GANDHINAGAR 382029 TRUST REG.NO.F/1004 SOCITY REG NO.1045 AHMEDABAD BLIND SCHOOL REG NO HANDICAPED 46/98-99/4242 DONATION GIVEN TO TRUST IS TAX FREE U/S-80G
6. SERVICE EQALITY JUSTICE <ul><li>Address:Block no-609/6 “Jh”type sec 29 </li></ul><ul><li>gandhinagar 382029 </li></ul><ul><li>Ishwarbhai j Patel –trustee </li></ul><ul><li>Rehmanbhai M Ansari-secretary & trustee </li></ul><ul><li>Merubhai M Jinjuvadia </li></ul><ul><li>Virenbhai M Joshi </li></ul>
7. Our objectives were to find out: How do blind school work? What is daily routine of students? How many people are there to take care of these students? What are there sources of income? What are the areas where they majority of there expenses? Whether students there enjoy them- selves?
8. To know the answer of various Questions we adopted QUALITITIVE METHOD. We took interview of trustee, teachers and students. We also used focus group method to know about there liking and disliking. To know more about the school we took help of secondary data that is broacher of this school.
9. Introduction <ul><li>The school has been established in June 1995 at Kolwada village in gandhinagar. At the beginning there were only six students at kolwada after that the school was shifted to sec 29 </li></ul><ul><li>At present there are six government resident under the trust and there are 58 students (45 boys, 13 girls ) these students are provided education from 1 to 10 std. </li></ul>
10. <ul><li>There are 11 experienced teachers giving there services to the school. </li></ul><ul><li>The student are really happy with atmosphere of the school and hostel </li></ul><ul><li>The main purpose of the school is to make the blind students self reliant and make their routine life easier and comfortable. </li></ul>
11. <ul><li>Recently the school has been shifted to sector 16 Gandhinagar on 14 th February to provide better facilities to the students. </li></ul>
12. Objective of Association <ul><li>To bring all blind people at the association and provide them good culture without any partiality. </li></ul><ul><li>To make them capable to live a respectable life in the society. </li></ul><ul><li>Provide them good education and training for getting employment. </li></ul><ul><li>Provide them loan for business, accommodation etc. </li></ul>
13. ACTIVITIES OF THE ASSOCIATION The association arrange picnic at different places like ajva-nimeta, dakor etc. The organization prepares students for the state level competitions like brail reading writting, cricket tournament etc. Every year they arrange various programmes on 26th January and 15thaugust to encourage the blind students. During the year they also arrange teacher’s day and various activities for the awareness of people towards the blind people. They take their students to exhibition and in the programmes at the another organization. the blind students are provided with the television, radio to get all the current information. The cultural festivals are also organized by the organization.
14. <ul><li>The school has been provided with some musical instrument by “ AHINSA FONDATION ” USA. ,for the entertainment of the students. </li></ul><ul><li>The school get limited grant from government ,therefore it has to depend on additional donation or recourses. </li></ul>
15. Future Plans <ul><li>The school is going to start college facility for the students. </li></ul><ul><li>Start one dispensary for the student and poor people to provide them better medical facilities. </li></ul><ul><li>Start the diploma courses through which the blind students can become self employed. </li></ul>
19. You can help in following ways !!! Particular Rs./child One time milk 200/month Breakfast 250/month One time simple lunch 1001/month One time full lunch 1501/month Adoption of child for whole year 13001 Tape recorder 2000