• Advanced Call Control and Error Handling
• Outbound Dialing using Advance Call Progress
• Delivering Customer Attached Data (CTI) via
• Getting Dirty with Advanced Operator Features
• Question and Answer
• Advanced call connecting/bridging
• VXML was not designed for call control, <transfer>
doesn’t cut it.
• Play multiple menu choices or prompts to
different call legs at the same time.
• Yes, you actually have control over individual call
• Connect more than two parties, go for it!
• Conferencing available, mute, or unmute
participants full moderator control
Say no to For Call Control
Call Control – VXML’s Deficiency
• Call bridging without retaining the audio path
• This ensures high QOS while still retaining control
over the call
• Actual control over a REFER based blind
• Handling scenario where a blind transfer fails while
not losing your caller
• Implement a true “consultation” transfer
• Decide whether the agent is available prior to blind
Call Control for Transfers
• CCXML allows users control over errors that
can occur prior to the invocation of a VXML
• Usage of <dialogprepare> is also key!
• CCXML documents don’t have a final state like
VXML apps, application context lives until told
• Easier to recover from error, and or manage call
backs to webserver
• Implement retry logic, asynchronous state
machine provides easy control.
Advanced CPA Ability
CPA is Really Cool!
• Allows for multi-phase detection
• Start a human message and change it on the fly
• Eliminate post answer silence
• Lots of knobs to tweak and tune
What Differentiates a Voxeo
• Full control over your what happens on the call, no
black box dialing platform.
• Real-time results of call disposition’s and
results, allows for real-time decision making
• Tightly integrated to ensure continuity for CEBP
(Communications Enabled Business Processes)
• CPA we already learned how great it is, it’s a key
differentiator for our customers.
• More than just notification, proactive self-service
SIP Data and CCXML
• Sometimes applications needs low level detail
about the call, CCXML provides that for you
• Create custom headers, append data to
• Read from body of INVITE
• SIP INFO messages
• Using this to deliver CTI
Tightly integrated Campaign Management with
Aspect ALM (Advanced List Management)
Aspect Forward Looking
Adding data to INVITE
INVITE sip:email@example.com SIP/2.0
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP pc33.atlanta.com;branch=z9hG4bKnashds8
To: Bob <firstname.lastname@example.org>
From: Alice <email@example.com>;tag=1928301774
CSeq: 314159 INVITE
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 13:02:03 GMT
o=UserA 2890844526 2890844526 IN IP4 here.com
c=IN IP4 pc33.atlanta.com
m=audio 49172 RTP/AVP 0
<createcall dest="'sip:firstname.lastname@example.org'" hints="hints"/>
SIP For Data Transmittal
INFO sip:email@example.com SIP/2.0
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 192.0.2.2:5060;branch=z9hG4bKnabcdef
To: Bob <sip:firstname.lastname@example.org>;tag=a6c85cf
From: Alice <sip:email@example.com>;tag=1928301774
CSeq: 314333 INFO
I am a foo message type
<send name="'sip.info'" target="event$.connectionid" targettype="'connection'"
Reading The SIP Body
What Codecs are Offered?
What Media Endpoint is it?
P-Time of 20, 30, etc…?
• Creation of and Reading of all ISUP Bodies
• SS7 is still a huge part of the world and we need
• Early Media Operations
• Play media prior to connect, ring back tones, early
• Bridging calls in early media state
• And still know when the real “offhook” arrives
• Support for advanced SS7 transfers, ie: Nortel RLT
• Control over sending a ringing event vs not
Mobile, Landline, or VOIP Operator Features