Design Thinking Action Lab
By Stanford University
• As a startup/idea owner with limited funding
• Who considers to enter Ukraine outsourcing market for IT
• I need to find right team who can implement my idea
• And need some way to get in touch with individuals, teams
and companies who are able to implement my idea
• Owner needs his idea done.
• 1. Look for fresh contacts on Linked-In
• 2. Try to find colleague , who already used such services
and ask for recommendation
• 3. Try to open Yellow Pages and locate companies that
• 4. Try to search over internet
• 5. Try visiting some local entrepreneurs groups to get an
• 6. Create website describing your project and put banner
• 7. Contact target country chamber of commerce and ask for
• Put advertisements in the target country newspapers
• Put advertisements on target country TV ads
• Put Google ad words targeting region you want to outsource
• Contact mass mailing agency and order mass mailings of
• Hire consultant in the target country to find right
• Put more efforts on developing your business plan in order
to get attention from potential contractors
• Try to find forums or discussion boards where appropriate
professionals are present.
• Collect initial list of companies you could find, contact
them, short-list some, proceed with shortlisted.
• Try to get better funding for your idea, so you can complete
this with local force.
• Try to analyze your idea – perhaps it needs less money to
get minimum valuable product?
• Try to find partners who are interested in solving the same
task as your idea does. You have a bigger funding now.
• Plan several visits to target country in order to get new
business contacts for further expanding
• Create article about your idea and post it on some trending
website to get attention
• Contact SEO specialist to promote site about your idea
• I do not need external team, I can learn and code it myself
• Find people in your town who can implement my idea for
• Find volunteers who might be interested in implementing
• Register on Kickstarter, and try to get funding
• Register on Quirky(kind of Kickstarter) to get funding
• Put ads on your local newspapers in order to find some
• Do nothing, team will find yourself.
• Try bottles, perhaps in one you’ll find Genie who’ll help you
• Use first team that agrees to do your project
• Contact some witch who can give you hint on team address
• Contact developers from India, they have better hourly
rates, and there is Hugh number of companies
• Try to contact some consultancy agency who can present
you to potential teams abroad
• Consider organizing contest based on some idea’s small task
– to select the best participant.
Ideas 29-35, low probability one…
• Run google search ‘best IT company in Ukraine’, locate N
results and contact each found company
• Put ‘best IT company in Ukraine’ in google search and press
I feel luckym
• Put your idea on Russian freelance websites, analyze
• Put your idea on Odesk freelance service, analyze feedback
• Hire some organization to perform market investigation and
provide some shortlisted companies to start with
• Contact your embassy and ask if they can advise some local
companies to work with
• Put ad on Craiglist and try to organize your team locally
• Use facebook to subscribe to developers groups and make a
post with idea description there
• Use linkedin to subscribe to developers groups and make a
post with idea description there
• Consider contacting Ukrainian already employed developers
for consultation, perhaps they can advise some
• Consider contacting local companies perhaps they can
recommend some outsourcing partners
• Try to analyze some developers blogs- perhaps person who
runs a professional blog also provides professional services
• Look at github for opensource contributors with badge
available for hire – perhaps you find one for your project
• Register on a resource where can meet
startups, developers/service providers and investors. If such
place is not present in target country yet – good idea for
Idea # 50
• #45 Consider contacting Ukrainian already employed
developers for consultation, perhaps they can advise some
• Contacting local people that are already in IT business gives
more confidence, that right people/teams can be
the most practical idea
• #50 Register on a resource where can meet
startups, developers/service providers and investors.
• Although it looks much more complicated, you have an
ability of helping more people to solve the same problem.
Potentially a new startup.
the most disruptive idea
• Actually I like most disruptive idea #50
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.