1. User Experience Design a consulting skills workshop Dr. Tiffany von Emmel Nairobits School of Design Nairobi, Kenya November 7th, 2011
2. What is User Experience Design? Designing an experience is like choreographing an improvisational dance.
3. Many Domains in User Experience Credit: Nathan Shedroff, http://nathan.com
4. The Tasks of User Experience Credit: Jesse James Garrett, 2000
5. User Research Interviews Groups Personas Scenarios
6. User StoriesWhat does this user want to do? As a _____, I want to...
7. Case: The Impact Tool
8. Interaction Design Storyboarding Work Flows Performative Prototyping
9. Interface Design Prototyping Wireframes
10. Information Design Card Sort Sitemap
11. Visual Design Visual Mockups Graphics
12. Case: My Stream
13. What are youdiscovering about User Experience Design?
14. Learn moreBooks Project Guide to UX, Carolyn Chandler & Russ Unger http://projectuxd.com/ Dont Make Me Think, Steve KrugSites www.informationdesign.org - daily UX resource www.functioningform.com - UX design process www.nathan.com/resources/index.html
15. Learn moreMapping the field http://www.blissfullyaware.com/design/ia-vs-id-vs-ux/ http://www.interaction-design.org/encyclopedia/user_experience_or_ux.htmlTools templates: http://projectuxd.com/?page_id=5
16. User Experience Folks Nathan Shedroff http://nathan.com Jesse James Garrett http://www.jjg.net/ia/ Peter Kaminski http://peterkaminski.com Adina Levin http://www.alevin.com/?cat=27 Steve Krug http://www.sensible.com/
17. Swim on... Tiffany von Emmel http://vonemmel.comDreamfish is a global community of practice for people doing social good. http://dreamfish.com Nairobits School of Design is a youth-based organization that uses ICT multimedia to improve the lives of less privileged youth from non-formal settlements in East Africa. http://nairobits.com