Symantec Data Loss Prevention 10.5 Administration
The Symantec Data Loss Prevention 10.5 Administration You must have a working knowledge of windows server-class
course is designed to provide you with the fundamental operating systems and commands, as well as networking and
knowledge and hands-on lab experience to configure and network security concepts.
administer the Symantec Data Loss Prevention Enforce
platform. The hands-on labs include exercises for Hands-On
reporting, workflow, and incident response management, This course includes practical exercises that enable you to test
policy management and detection, response your new skills and begin to transfer them into your working
management, user and role administration, directory environment.
integration, and filtering. Additionally, you are introduced
to the following Symantec Data Loss Prevention
products: Network Monitor, Network Prevent, Network
Discover, Network Protect, Endpoint Prevent, and
Endpoint Discover, as well as deployment best practices. COURSE OUTLINE
Note that this course is delivered on a Microsoft Windows Introduction to Symantec Data Loss Prevention
platform and does not include installation and initial • Symantec Data Loss Prevention overview
configuration for each server. • Symantec Data Loss Prevention architecture
Delivery Method Navigation and Reporting
Instructor-led • Navigating the user interface
• Reporting and analysis
• Report navigation, preferences, and features
• Report filters
Course Objectives • Report commands
This course provides instruction on Symantec Data Loss • Incident snapshot
Prevention 10.5. At the completion of the course, you will • Hands-On Labs: Become familiar with navigation and tools
be able to: in the user interface. Create, filter, summarize, and
• Describe the features, concepts, components, and distribute reports. Create users, roles, and attributes.
terminology of Symantec Data Loss Prevention 10.5.
Incident Remediation and Workflow
• Configure reports and remediate incidents.
• Create and modify policies and response rules. • Incident remediation and workflow
• Leverage policy and response management best • Managing users and attributes
practices. • Hands-On Labs: Remediate incidents and configure a
• Create and modify Discover targets. user’s reporting preferences.
• Create and manage roles and users.
• Carry out system administration tasks including
• Policy overview
• Creating policy groups
• Describe enterprise enablement best practices.
• Using policy templates
• Perform diagnostics.
• Building policies
• Leverage deployment best practices.
• Hands-On Labs: Use policy templates and policy builder to
Who Should Attend configure and apply new policies.
This course is intended for those responsible for the
application configuration, maintenance, and Response Rule Management
troubleshooting of Symantec Data Loss Prevention. • Response rule overview
Additionally, this course is applicable for the technical • Creating Automated Response rules
users responsible for creating and maintaining Symantec • Creating Smart Response rules
Data Loss Prevention policies and the incident response • Response rule best practices
structure. • Hands-On Labs: Create and use Automated and Smart
VERSION 3 1