• Using the global navigation menu and Spaces
Using the global navigation
menu and the Spaces tool.
Click on your name to build a
Profile and access other tools.
Your Profile will then be added to
the GSA community. Click on the
People tool to find other staff and
View other Profiles according to
course or community. Follow or
Message other people.
The Spaces tool allows staff and
students to develop online
networks outside of courses and
Spaces can be used for any
creative or professional purpose.
Click Create a Space to begin.
Add a name for the Space and
start typing part of a name to
Click Edit Space to add a
picture, descriptive text and invite
Members can add or edit
New members will receive an
Blogs and journals...
• Blog – Individual or course. All students can post and
see one other’s blogs and posts.
• Journal – Individual. Can be private between student and
tutor. Students only see their own posts
• Group blog - visible to all students, members of the
group can post. Students not in the group can see it.
• Group journal - visible to members of the
group, members of the group can post. Students not in
the group can NOT see it.
• Create in Control Panel, then add via Tool menu.
• Can be individual (per student) or for the course
• Can be assessed.
• Options to include multimedia.
• Students can comment on content.
• Previous content is accessible.
• Content created in current week/ month will be displayed
• Unread content flagged up (bold, pin).
Blogs can be created and managed
through the Control Panel.
Click Blogs to access the blog page.
Click Create Blog to start.
Blogs can be individual (per student),
for a course or for a group.
Add title, descriptive text to clarify
purpose and set availability.
Choose whether the blog will be
communal (one for the whole course)
or individual (multiple – one for each
(Please note that group blogs are created
when using the group tool, not here).
A blog can be added to a
content area from the Tools
You can add a link to the
overall blog page, to a specific
blog or create a new blog
The link is denoted by the
blog icon. Click here to access
Click Create Blog
Entry to add content.
Other student blogs
can be accessed
through this pane on