Blogging Integrating Technology Into 21 st Century Classroom
What is a Blog?
- A blog is an online personal journal or diary.
- It is a place to express yourself to the world.
- A place to share your thoughts and your passions.
- A blog is your own website that you are going to update on an ongoing basis.
- Blog is a short form for weblog.The two words are used interchangeably.
Blogs In The Classroom
- Blogs for Classroom Management
- Blogs for Student Portfolios
Preparing Students for Blogging
- Review safe and acceptable online behavior
- Set clear expectations and consequences
- Step 2-Read the Terms and Conditions and Click Accept
- Step 3-You will be provided with a Security Key. Click Create User.
- Step 4-Create a Folder Name
- Step 5-Enter Title. This title appears across the top but can be changed at any time.
- Step 6-Select a group for your site.
Create a Category
- Create New Categories that will appear on the right side of your Blog.
- Select Categories relevant to your class.
Creating a Post
- Once logged in click Manage Posts under Community Administration.
Click on New Post
Add Title and Body Write in the Body and Submit .
Advanced Post Settings Click Advanced Post Settings
- No matter what your global settings are
- -you can override them at anytime with any individual post.
Moderate Comments Select comment Approve selected
Add An Image To Your Blog
- First add a picture to my gallery on the blog.
- Then add the picture to a post.
Add a picture to your gallery Click on My Gallery. Click on add a picture.
Upload New Image From File
Upload New Image To Gallery Name the image. Click on Browse and then upload.
Add Image to the Blog 3. Click on Content Selector. 2. Give image a title. 1 Create a new Post.
Select Content 2.Select image. 3.Select size. 4.Click OK. 1.Click on the +/- next to your name Gallery.
New Post with Image Click Submit.