1. What’s New in AutomatedQATestComplete 7.50<br />
2. TestComplete 7.50 Improvements<br />Web Testing<br />Improved Flex support, smarter and more stable tests, support for JavaFX, support for new ASP.NET controls.<br />TestComplete7.50<br />Keyword Testing<br />Converting keyword tests to scripts,using keyword tests as event handlers, operation descriptions after recording.<br />Load Testing<br />“Ramp up”, better HTTPS support, rendezvous points, etc.<br />New Supported Apps<br />Delphi and C++Builder 2010,<br />.NET Framework 4 support,<br />white-box JavaFX applications.<br />Supported Controls<br />New supported controls by Microsoft, Developer Express,<br />Infragistics, TMS.<br />TestComplete 7<br />Name Mapping<br />Customizable templates, <br />better user assistance, editor improvements.<br />Other Cool Changes<br />Support for the Open & Save File dialogs, logging image on error, simplified WPF hierarchy. <br />
3. Supported Applications<br />Better Support for Adobe Flex Applications<br />Access to internal objects, methods and properties of Adobe Flex applications (by using the Flex API). <br />Recognizing typical Flex controls + Special methods and properties for easier simulation of user actions over them.<br />Learn more about Adobe Flex at www.adobe.com/devnet/flex/<br />
4. Supported Applications<br />Support for JavaFX applications<br />Automatic recognizing of JavaFX applications and testing them in white-box mode.<br />Special objects and methods that simplify simulation of user actions over JavaFX controls.<br />
5. Supported Applications (continued)<br />.NET Framework 4 Support<br />Support for 32- and 64-bit applications created for .NET Framework 4 Beta 2. Support for a new “multiple Frameworks in one process” feature of .NET Framework 4.<br />Support for Delphi and C++Builder 2010Testing both native and managed (.NET) applications created with this new version of Delphi and C++Builder.<br />
6. Web Testing<br />Smarter and more stable web tests<br /><ul><li>Smarter recording. Recording input in the browser’s Address bar and web edit boxes without simulating keystrokes.
7. Smarter mapping. Special settings for ignoring certain dynamic parameters in web pages’ URLs to avoid failures during the name mapping process.
8. Easier navigation to the initial tested page by using a new ToURL method.</li></li></ul><li>Web Testing (continued)<br />Improved support for web browsers<br /><ul><li>Improved support for Firefox 3.5.x.
9. Improved support for Internet Explorer running under Windows Vista and later versions of the Windows operating system. Now, TestComplete does not require that Internet Explorer be launched with administrator privileges.</li></li></ul><li>Load Testing<br />Easier load increase simulation<br /> A new ramp up feature for easier simulation of the load increase. Easy and simple creation of tests that “start running with 5 virtual users and add 2 more users every 30 seconds”.<br />Easier synchronization of virtual users<br /> A new rendezvous pointsfeature for easy synchronization of simulated virtual users.<br />
10. Load Testing (continued)<br />Auto-updating page parameters<br /> Automatic tracing and modifying of web page parameters in requests. Now, users don’t have to write script code that parses the server response and passes data to the further request.<br />Improved HTTPS support<br />More stable simulation of HTTPS web traffic and more informative error messages.<br />
11. Load Testing (continued)<br />Ignoring traffic to third-party sites<br /> Automatic ignoring of traffic to sites from which banners, counters, images and other unwanted data are loaded during the test recording.<br />Enhanced start of load test recording<br /> Automatic launch of a web browser and cleaning up its cache at the start of the load test recording.<br />
12. Keyword Testing<br />Converting keyword tests to scripts<br /> A must-have tool for those users who decided to switch from keyword tests to scripts to create more flexible and powerful tests. The feature will also help newbies to learn scripting and see how operations can be performed in scripts.<br />
13. Keyword Testing (continued)<br />Operation description improvements<br /> TestComplete now generates descriptions of test commands during the test recording. <br />In earlier versions, they were generated after the first test run.<br />
14. Keyword Testing (continued)<br />Using keyword tests for event handling<br /> In earlier versions of TestComplete, you could use only script routines as event handlers. In version 7.50, you can also use keyword tests as event handlers. This feature will simplify event handling for those users who have no scripting background.<br />
15. Name Mapping<br />Improved Update Name Mapping Wizard<br /> If a mapped object is not found during the test run, TestComplete displays a dialog box asking a user to update the mapping setting. This dialog has been significantly improved, and now it provides better step-by-step assistance in updating mapping criteria of application objects.<br />Templates for Automatic Name Mapping<br /> Now, testers can customize templates (sets of properties) that are used for automatic and manual name mapping.<br />
16. Name Mapping (continued)<br />Name Mapping Editor Improvements<br /><ul><li>Quickly finding and replacing mapped object names, aliases, property names and property values by using the Find and Replace dialogs.
17. Undoing and redoing any kind of operations performed on mapped object names, aliases or mapping criteria.</li></li></ul><li>Controls and Libraries<br />Version 7.50 provides extended support for third-party controls: <br />Microsoft and TMS<br /><ul><li>Microsoft WPFToolkit Ribbon
18. Microsoft WPFToolkit Calendar
19. Microsoft WPFToolkitDatePicker
20. TMS TAdvGlowButton</li></li></ul><li>Controls and Libraries (continued)<br />Version 7.50 provides extended support for third-party controls: <br />Developer Express<br /><ul><li>WPF BarManager
21. VCL ExpressQuantumTreeList
22. VCL ExpressNavBar</li></li></ul><li>Controls and Libraries (continued)<br />Version 7.50 provides extended support for third-party controls:<br />Infragistics ASP.NET<br /><ul><li>UltraWebMenu
26. and others </li></ul>Infragistics .NET<br /><ul><li>UltraExplorerBar
29. UltraMonthViewMulti</li></li></ul><li>Grid Controls<br />Version 7.50 provides extended support for grid controls:<br /><ul><li>Microsoft WPF Toolkit DataGrid
30. Developer Express WPF GridControl
31. Developer Express VCL ExpressVerticalGrid
32. Infragistics WPF XamDataGrid
33. Infragistics ASP.NET UltraWebGrid
34. TMS TAdvStringGrid</li></li></ul><li>Open and Save File Dialogs<br />TestComplete 7.50 introduces special support for the standard Open and Save File dialogs. <br />Earlier versions of the product recorded user actions in these dialogs. Now, these actions are ignored, and TestComplete records a single OpenFile or SaveFile command that simulates selecting the needed file name.<br />This feature simplifies recorded tests and guarantees stable playback.<br />
35. Logging Image on Error<br />Now, if an error occurs, TestComplete automatically posts an image of the entire desktop to the test log. <br />This will help users diagnose problems and find the cause of errors faster.<br />TestComplete also includes a new Post image on error project property, which lets you enable or disable image logging.<br />…<br />Log.Error(“My error text”); ‘ This code now automatically posts a desktop image to the log…<br />
36. Simplified WPF Hierarchy<br />TestComplete includes a new project property, which lets users hide WPF container objects used only for content layout purposes (like Panels, Decorators, etc.) from the object hierarchy. <br />This reduces the nesting level of objects in WPF applications and makes tests more readable.<br />
37. Browse Object Info Offline<br />Saving and loading object snapshots<br /><ul><li>Exporting properties, fields and methods of an object from the Object Browser to an external file.
38. Loading exported information back to the Object Browser to analyze an application’s object hierarchy remotely or when the application is not running.</li></li></ul><li>Freeze Diagnostics<br />Handling applications’ hang-ups<br />Now, TestComplete can detect hang-ups of tested applications and automatically terminate them. This makes the testing process more reliable and less dependent on external factors.<br />This new functionality is controlled by new Freeze Diagnostics settings of test projects.<br />
39. Thank you<br />For the complete list of changes in TestComplete 7.50please visit:<br />www.testcomplete.comorwww.automatedqa.com<br />