1. Glivery G. Gayahana and Walter R. Tschinkelb Department of Biological Science, Florida State University, Tallahassee Presented by: Vivi Yunisa Harahap
2. 1. The storage of food is an obvious strategy against future shortages2. Food storages occurs sporadically among animals3. Among social insects, long- term, internal storage of liquid foods has evolved among ants, giving rise in the extreme case to honeypot ants such as the desert-dwelling species of the genus Myrmecocystus in which a replete caste stores liquid food in the crop for months.
3. To see how the fire ants in the food store that will be used for the futureTo ask whether the ants similarly stockpile dried insect prey pieces in their natural nest.
4. Cultivation of beetle larvae (Zophobus atratus) Beetle larva was cut with half elongated Dyed in a solution of 0.5%Rhodamin B is mixed with the water Given in wet conditionFire ant colonies in the field and in the laboratory
5. Given 10 gr of dye Petri dishes were Zophobus atratus on closed on bothfire ant colonies in the field sides After 24 hors Excavated nest of fire Measured the reduction inants to seen the storage weight of larvae that had of food by using been collected by fire ants ultraviolet light For one day of feeding, the chloroform was sprinkled on the top of a fire ant nest
6. Photographic trays used as a fire ant colony nest in the laboratory maintained in damp conditions at a temperature of 280 Cfed with sugar water and beetle larvae
7. A B
8.  The researcher was observed evolution from the behavior of fire ants maybe associated with the different manner in which ants collect and transport liquid and solid food Liquids are taken into the distensible crop and shared by trophallaxis, whereas solids are transported in the mandibles. The larva covers the pellet with salivary secretion, which partly converts it into a liquefied product, which is then collected and distributed around the colony by worker trophallaxis This tendency to separate the liquid food stream from the solid may underlie the evolution of the preparation of jerky.
9.  The storage of food is an obvious strategy against future shortages. The result of insect prey obtained will be brought to their nest and transformed into small pieces (Insect jerky) The form of the result prey that is solid food and liquid food. The worker ants transported the solid food in the mandible whereas the liquid food are taken into the distensible crop and shared by trophallaxis