Why My Horse Doesnt Drink
by vivekmehrotra on Nov 26, 2009
- 2,769 views
This presentation is based upon the book, ‘Why My Horse Doesn’t drink – Learn to serve your customer. “You can take a horse to the pond but cannot make it drink” is an old proverb. A horse ...
This presentation is based upon the book, ‘Why My Horse Doesn’t drink – Learn to serve your customer. “You can take a horse to the pond but cannot make it drink” is an old proverb. A horse wins race for his master, helps his master to charge on to the opposing army. However, the same horse sometimes kicks back, goes into the wrong direction and of course drinks only when it pleases. However, the irony is that it is true of human beings as well.
If you lead a horse to the pond and it does not drink, is it a problem or a symptom? After reading the book ‘Why My Horse Doesn’t Drink’ one can be sure that refusing to drink is the symptom, not the problem. The problem could be lack of thirst, stubbornness, excessive fear, or refusing the way you are forcing it to drink.
Similarly, human beings refuse to work or lose interest to perform for various reasons:
• Lack of interest in the job
• Excessive fear of punishments
• Inappropriate recognition or rewards
• Conflicting demands of the superiors
Have you ever wondered -
• “Why doesn\'t this person work?”
• “Why this person doesn\'t work on this project / assignment?”
• “Why do I always get bad people (colleagues and superiors) to work with?”
• “Could someone be more ungrateful than this person?
• “Why does this colleague hate me?”
• “Why does this person want to embarrass me?”
If yes, go on reading this book, ‘Why My Horse Doesn’t Drink’. You will be able to explore:
• Why some people behave in a particular fashion?
• What makes people work and produce extraordinary results?
• Why some people refuse to work even when they are paid better than others?
• What makes people dissatisfied at the work place?
• Why some people don’t get along with others?
Apart from answering the above-mentioned questions, ‘Why My Horse Doesn’t Drink’ will help you understand basic human needs, which keep driving a person towards the goal one has set for oneself. This book will also answer the question as to why some people are highly motivated whereas others are not.
Eventually ‘Why My Horse Doesn’t Drink’ will help you increase productivity of your team members by improving their job satisfaction.
If you are faced with an unmanageable team or uncooperative colleagues, and your productivity chart is threatening to take downturn, you must read this book. With this book in hand,
YOU WILL NOT ONLY TAKE YOUR HORSE TO THE POND BUT MAKE IT DRINK TOO!
- Total Views
- Views on SlideShare
- Embed Views