In another sample we use augmented reality to explain how our PlantStruxure PES offer addresses the problems experienced in a cement plant. An augmented reality video is embedded through layering technology in print advertisements and on roll up banners to be used at trade shows etc.
1. Making global campaigns relevant
for local B2B clients
International coordinator Adetem
Global Events and Marketing
DMA Conference since 1996 / DMA HQ : 1991 New York
Experiences : Services, B2B marketing, International
-ADETEM : International Coordinator, Administrator –Europe
-The French association in Marketing – 1500 members - 80 % Brands
UBIFRANCE Global Business Development in 80 countries
-Organization of 40 events in 2012/ 2013 : How to do Business in…
-Head quarter in Paris - Global Events Manager
-USA (New York, San Francisco, Atlanta, Chicago) – Managing Director consumer goods and
luxury– Trade and business development
-Global Marketing Manager
ROBECO BANK : International Finance CRM , Marketing and Customer Loyalty manager
CARNIEL Marketing : Marketing services
MMV : international Tour operators
Foreign markets knowledge.
Marketing diploma (Master) from IFG Paris.
Public relation for international organisations.
3. Some global B2B companies from
Global Marketing Director
Examples of global campaign
•28 member states of the
• Eurozone : 17 states
•Population 504 .456. 000
VP Customer experience –
Examples of global assets
present in US…
4. Global (EU-Fr) companies present in the World
5. HQ : France – Paris 140 000 employees in more than 100 countries
24 billion sales in 2012
41 pc of revenue in new economies
6. Sample integrated campaign assets to promote
EC02.0 energy management
Web banners on websites
Tweets & linked-in mssg on social
Apps on mobile devices
7. Supported by ECO2.0 promo on Social
Media after 2 weeks
•(47+) tweets on Global and country
• Retweeted for over 175,000 views
• QR code used in tweets
for easy access to app
Schneider Electric – Intelligent Energy
• Promo and Discussion post ECO2.0
Word cloud showing main keywords
found in online conversations
ECO2.0 Promoted in blog:
“Energy Efficiency for Financial People”
243 views in 4 days
8. Augmented reality articulates a
- Infographic on
- Digital ad
- Digital roll up
Pointing to AR
see on PC,
smart phone https://www.dropbox.com/s/dqdmz9to59cfgjq/PlantStruxure_PES.mp4
9. Marketing @Bureau Veritas
World leader in testing, inspection and certification
services – revenue : 3,9 billion euros – 65 000 employees –1330 offices
140 countries – 400 000 clientts
10. What is Marketing mission ?
• At local level: Sell! Sell ! Sell!
• Be proactive instead of reactive
What to push?
To who ?
11. Global Marketing?
• At Head Quarter : find a common way for
impacting the business!
• Not too smart concepts practical approach
• What will be the results ?
• BV is international! Interface with international
companies (Global Key Accounts, Global
Projects, Global Services, Global Markets,…)
12. wrong experiences and mistakes
• Edit a brochure without an international team
work (but with the risk of never produce it: out of time)
• Set up of a local event by HQ
• Teaching how to behave locally
13. The Good ones
• with input from HO on creation, web, white
• And buy-back by countries with events, emailing, social media, etc.
14. Timber Legality Project
What is illegal timber ?
Timber harvested in
contravention with local
regulations on forestry
and trade of wood
► Illegally harvested wood represents
=> As much money as global trade of drugs !
between 15 to 30% of global wood trade
40% of tropical wood are harvested illegally
15 to 20% of wood imported in EU
Europe is the first destination of illegal wood
15. New legal obligation
New obligationson all companies trading wood based products :
wood, pulp and paper, packaging, furniture & deco, wood-based fuels
• No import of illegal wood
• Have a due diligence
performed before shipment
• Demonstrate legal origin of all products
to market products in Europe
2 Publics/Services offered by BV
Legal Origin Assessment
16. Marketing campaign
Awareness: Bureau Veritas is a leader in Timber
Client Acquisition:Generate leads to growth the
Client relation/ Loyalty: A majority of our clients are
concerned by this regulation
Dedicated page to
download the white
Forest content on
BV.com and pilot
Strong SEO Strategy
to clients and
Google adwords campaign
to create traffic on the
white paper page
PR launch in
France for HO
PR Newswire for
launch in pilot
18. Global Leads Generation
(1) Google Adwords +
(4) Leads gathering
and qualification against
management in CRM
and distribution of
actions in concerned
answer) in CRM
(6) Local Sales Actions
- Contact prospects
- Business Meetings
19. First Results at the end of pilot phase
Materials + Process set-up
Start in Germany, Poland, Spain, NL, Russia
TOP 5 Sources
Results from BV.com + BV.UK
Traffic mainly comes from
Google adwords campaign: 91%
148 White Paper Downloads
3724 unique visitors on the landing page
Global roll-out (see priority A and B countries)
52 QUALIFIED LEADS
• Large Company:10
• Mass-Market: 42
Main Position: CEOs, Sustainability / QHSE Managers
Main Country: UK, France
Request for Due Diligence Service and / or FSC/PEFC
20. Internal International Promotion
Let us know if you’re interested in
launching one of our campaigns!
• International team Building
• Confidence in HQ to provide added value
operational marketing actions
• International &Local Leads
22. Think Global, Act Local !
• A campaign for gaining Lead$$$$
(brand image awareness too)
• Tracking of leads (then thanks to proven results it will be
easier to recruit internal partners next time)
• Work with voluntary (and motivated) countries
23. 10 Tips for Making Global Campaigns relevant for local customers
1. Think Global…
- Study the market places you want to
Evaluate SWOT analysis on each market :
- Create a global message
Storytelling, Content, asset
- Integrate the culture-specific nuances.
Be inventive and creative – but be
aware to possible local sensitivities
24. Re-think our geography
Launch global assets with sufficient time for localization
Provide a range of assets for different budgets –
Not all countries have the same marketing spend.
25. 2. Study the Ecosystem
Whoare the decision makers ?
Who are the influencers ?
Whatare their values ?
Identifythe community, events,
Social DNA, media…
Legal aspects : rules on data, sustainability,…
26. 3. Involve your local teams
• Set the objectives and ROI together.
• Give flexibility and autonomy
to reach the goals.
• Choose global and local
• Share the information, communicate the results.
27. 4. Build the metrics by country
•Set the KPI, Key Performance
•Track and gauge what is effective or not.
•Manage the campaigns in the CRM software tool.
28. Analyze continuous evolution : GDP, population, growth…
> 3 million km2
> 100 million
GDP > 800 billion US$
30. 6 . Develop a B2B Social Media
Strategy globally and adapt it
-Target and segment (job, geography…)
Xing (China, Germany….), Linkedin, Viadeo…
- Generate Qualified leads / Email/ Web
Content marketing :
- Facebook, Scoop it,
- White Papers in different languages,
-You Tube, localized in 43 countries.
31. 7. Act locally with events
- Join the community
- Meet your local clients
Speed business dating
32. Make it Happen
-Launch a product.
- Create the Buzz.
- Engage Public relation.
33. 8. Efficient PR campaigns
34. 9. Integrate your Global Marketing
35. 10. Be active Worldwide
Celebrate with your customer and your team
Create a strong relationship
36. Thank you for your attention
France / Germany