In September of this hear Mashable posted this story with a rather misleading headline. In fact, location usage is far from the least popular activity among smartphone users, QR codes usage is much lower for example, and the growth of check in services has been remarkable.
2. How to Best Utilize Location-Based Media for Business October 3, 2011 Webster Lewin Senior Vice President, Director of Digital Innovation and Strategy, MSLGROUP Americas Joe Meyer CEO, HopStop Hussain Ismail Director, Social Media, Live Nation
3. How big is Location based media?
4. How many people use location Source: The Pew Research Center’s Internet & American Life Project, 5/2011
5. 20 MM mobile subscribers use social networking check-in services <ul><li>20.0 Million Consumers, 8.6% of the Mobile Audience, used Social Networking Check-in Services </li></ul><ul><li>However, over 20% of smartphone users check in </li></ul>Source: comScore, Sept. 2011 28% of consumers who access Social Networking Sites also used Check-in Services Nearly 30% growth among smartphone users in the past 5 months Foursquare is one of the earliest Location Based/Check-in Services which gained popularity, and it continues to rise Data: Three Month Avg ending Jul 2011 Source: comScore MobiLens US 138%
6. 42 MM smartphone users access maps <ul><li>Growth of mobile maps usage among smartphone users </li></ul>Source: comScore, Sept. 2011 51% of smartphone users use maps at least once a month Over 51% growth among smartphone users in the past 12 months
11. iPhone App Shows Nearby Realtime Setlists Show Content
12. Thank You! Webster Lewin SVP, Director of Digital Innovation and Strategy MSLGROUP Americas [email_address] @wloglobal Text WEBSTER to 87812 Hussain Ismail Director, Social Media Live Nation [email_address] Joe Meyer CEO HopStop [email_address]