Content Marketing and
Publishing in the Mobile World
Content Marketing is Everywhere
• More brands than ever talking “with”
customers versus “at” customers.
• 91% of B2Bs using content marketing
• 60% of businesses increasing content
*Content Marketing Institute, “2013 Budgets, Benchmarks, and Trends - North America”
Mobile is Changing Everything
• 2014 Mobile Traffic > Desktop
• Mobile brings an entirely new set of
• Opportunities for new levels of engagement
Engage, Don’t Interrupt
• Do: Fullscreen ads + calls to action, that don’t
break up the experience, but heighten it. Use
your product as a medium to teach vs tell.
• Why: Full mindshare, 100% attention. More
likely to engage, like and share with friends &
• Do: Leverage tools to build the greatest
content, not spend months on development.
• Why: Low risk experimentation, speed to
marketing, agility, greater content quality
Don’t Handcuff Your Reader
• Do: Use HTML5 to solve distribution and social
• Why: Engage readers where they want to read.
Avoid losing them to bad UX and stop forcing
them to download an app.
• Mobile is more than a smaller screen
• User context changes with devices
• Stop interrupting your visitor
• Treat mobile like a new medium