1. CISCO – Project Ideas – Summer Internship – 2011Project Title 1: PagentLX over USNICProject Description: PagentLX is a traffic generator and analyzer tool. It is a user-space application which uses a kernel-space driver to generate traffic. Business requires traffic generation at 10G/20G thruput speeds which cannot beachieved due to frequent context-switching between user-space and kernel-space. By running PagentLX over USNIC(User-Space NIC), the frequent context-switches are prevented and higher thruput can be achieved. Individuals workingon this project will learn Linux kernel internals.Project Title 2: Cisco Scripting ToolkitProject Description: Cisco Scripting Toolkit () offers a seamless integration of Cisco customers with the built-in Cisco CLIfeature and enables them for multi-server deployments. The Scripting Toolkit provides a flexible way to create standardserver configuration scripts to automate many of the manual steps in the server configuration process. This automatedserver configuration process cuts time from each server deployed, making it possible to scale server deployments tohigh volumes in rapid fashion. Since the commands are executed remotely there is no OS dependent tools required toperform the task. The only one required is “expect” utility.Project Title 3: Evaluating UI Automation tools in TCLProject Description: The aim of this project is to evaluate UI automation tools and qualify the same over Cisco switchOperating Systems (NxOS) for nexus 5000 series platforms. Identify different GUI automation tools which are best suitedto test switch features. Also it is really important to evaluate the test tools, develop the few libraries and try scriptingfew basic features and give the results which will help the team to come out with best automation tool. Cisco providesbasic training on Switching and routing. Cisco is responsible to provide basic test setup for developing and testingautomation scripts. Cisco helps in understanding of basic test tools using which one should work. Ability to create testscenarios and scope out the requirements from time to time.Project Title 4: NMS automation in ISAN automation framework using ITCLProject Description: We would like to evaluate and enhance our NMS scripts to event based and object oriented. Weuse SNMP, SMI-S protocols for managing devices in datacenters. Devices are typically Network Elements like routers,switches, servers, JBODs etc. Using the above mentioned protocols one can manage, monitor and control all type ofnetwork elements which follow NMS standards. Ability to quickly ramp up basic networking and SNMP, SMI-S protocols.ISAN iTCL is the automation test framework developed inside Cisco. Ability to understand iTCL object structure to use inautomation. Cisco helps in giving basic understanding of SNMP. Basic Documentation on SNMP and iTCL would beprovided. Cisco is responsible to provide basic test setup for developing and testing automation scripts. Ability toautomate test cases on iTCL and execute on the given test scenarios.
2. Project Title 5: Lab Inventory Management System ToolProject Description: Currently Cisco is using eITMS tool for Inventory Management of lab Equipments. This is a ManualTool with lot of Process overheads. Lab team developed a Automatic tool which captures Inventory of Equipments inLab. Need to develop & enhance this tool for Global usage.Project Title 6: Power Monitoring / Usage ToolProject Description: Enhancing the Raritan Power Monitoring/Usage tool for BU specific needs. This application isgathering momentum due to Cisco Green initiative. Raritan has a tool developed on Linux to monitor the Power usingthe IP controlled Power Cyclers. We are working with Raritan team to use this tool for any IP Controlled Power Cyclers (Cyberswitching, APC etc).Project Title 7: EIS Lab web portal enhancementProject Description: Enhancement EIS lab web portal to take care of latest updates. Deliverable is updating the EIS labWeb portal with latest information and modifying to take care of new web standards.Project Title 8: Trap / Syslog Configuration ToolProject Description: This project is about developing the Configuration Application tool to help user to set theTrap/Syslog Manager’s configuration and enable to send required objects. Requirements for this application will beuseful to the end customer as well to check and configure to enable if any additional device need to configure.Project Title 9: Overall resource Utilization tool for CTS and CTMSProject Description: This tool will provide resource utilization of CTS and CTMS. Ability to think proactively on upgradingtheir network infrastructure.Project Title 10: Simulations of CTSMAN and CUCM interface for CMProject Description: This project is to develop application server to simulate CTS-MAN and CUCM interface behavior(like ETSAS tool is used by Collaboration manager team for simulating Telepresence Rooms and Meetings , etc). Thetools need to be enhanced to add following features • Simulate different CTSMAN, CTMS versions • Integration with camelot • Integration with SAPro
3. Project Title 11: CM-TroubleshootProject Description: A Troubleshooting tool which can be easily deployed in a Customer setup(as a jar file) and gathercritical MIB/HTTP information of devices. • Will be useful if the c CM-Troubleshoot customer doesnt have a mib browser and we want to collect specific data of a device to make sure device instrumentation is fine. • Should be able to run a series of Troubleshooting tests • Should be highly customizable(device info/credentials/what to collect etc..) • This can also collect info from various logs in the system to give a snapshot of the device(s).Project Title 12: Path and Statistcs History VisualizerProject Description: Displaying all the paths that traffic has taken over time, current path and the other paths that trafficcould take. This can be further enhanced to a Map view  Use Mediatrace to update real time path changes  Graphical representation of various parameters (jitter, latency, packet loss) over timeProject Title 13: Integration of CM with Technical Support Case ToolsProject Description: Giving the user the capability to file incidences to the technical support case tools. Automaticallylog incidences based on some criteria’s to the technical support case tools. Track the status of incidences filed throughtechnical support case tools.Project Title 14: High Availability Project for Wireless LAN Controller networkProject Description: This project involves box to box external redundancy to support Stateful High availability forWireless Clients seamless behaviours in the event of Controller Failure in the network. Work involves statefulsynchronization of necessary data across active and standby, health monitoring etc in a challenging environment.Project Title 15:Project Description: Write a new Tool to inject packets of certain format and content into wireless controllers and intonetwork. Take a template definition and generate packets. Templates should be edited by end user on need basis aswell.
4. Project Title 16: IdentityProject Description: SAML2.0 allows a user(client) to establish his/her identity to a service-provider(airline ticketprocessing portal) and what all actions the user is allowed to carry out(pay by credit card); by a third party identityprovider(webex). Our goal is to act as an identity provider or a service provider, we should be able to support variousSAML protocols/profiles/bindings for this. To act as an idP the ISR needs to build the user database along with theirauthorization attributes. We should be able to talk to AD, ACS, Positron using a combination of open protocols(LDAP,RADIUS) and proprietary ones that we develop.As a first step we need to build this user database intelligently. The stretch goal would be to integrate with the profiler.Project Title 17: ScansafeProject Description: Today as part of Scansafe integration, we have come up with a light-weight transparent http proxy,which based on the policy can redirect the traffic to the Scansafe tower for enforcing web security policy. While this isgoing to be very helpful for the smaller branches to have internet access without having to go to the head-end where allthe security is deployed, this also opens up an opportunity to integrate with a local web cache in the branch, so that thetraffic is optimized and round trip cost is avoided for frequently visited web pages/sites. This project is about porting a light weight web cache (for example squid) in the SRE environment (Linux environment),and ability to configure policy on the web cache which could be leveraged by the content-scan feature on ISR for localcaching.The content-scan feature should be able to assign the right identity to the traffic being proxied by the web cache andalso be able to hand off the traffic coming from the SS tower/white-listed traffic for local caching. The policy configuredon the web cache could be user quotas, domains where caching is NOT allowed etc.Project Title 18: L7 based traffic simulation toolProject Description: DCAS invests heavily on traffic generators for L4-L7 traffic simulation and performance tests. Withhigher end appliances and platform in the roadmap, the need to have such high speed traffic generation/simulationsystems available to every developer is becoming mandatory.The cost of the traffic simulation/performance tools are very high and prohibitive. With this in mind we would like tohave a high speed traffic simulation tool using the existing DCAS BU platforms.Project Title 19: Data-center test simulation environmentProject Description: Create a mini-datacenter topology (using virtual machine instances for ACE/GSLB) within a singlephysical device and provide a framework for testing the same. The idea is to simulate the entire global and localloadbalancing platforms within a single physical device in a manner that we do not require large traffic setups. This waythe complexity of large physical setups can be avoided.Project Title 20: GUI based configuration conversion tool
5. Project Description: There is a constant need to parse and understand competitors products and configuration. Thisproject will involve the creation of a GUI driven tool to take competitors LB configurations and convert them to Cisco LBconfigurations. The low level mapping of F5/Citrix’s configuration to Cisco configurations are already available. We needa tool driven mechanism to make this a easier to use and also make the tool more complete.Project Title 21: Lucene search for S3Project Description: S3 i.e.Smart Software Selection is an initiative to make the online software selection process easyfor customers and partners. Customers can go and use S3 for feature research and download purposes. Following arethe requirements for better user experience and performance: Building index database using SOLR Implementing lucene to perform quick search based on the index db This implementation will be done using Java technologies along with Apache, Lucene and SOLR tools This is a 3-4 month project that includes building prototype, development and implementationProject Title 22: Pattern Insight search for PSMARTProject Description: This is for PICES project which will use pattern insight technology for faster code search. PSMARTwhich is a security vulnerability search and reporting tool plans to use PICES to optimize the vulnerability search process.The index database for the code will be created using the pattern insight technology and the vulnerable code search willbe done on the index database. This is expected to cut the vulnerability calculation processing for each release fromaround 10 mins to seconds saving overall hours of daily processing. Also this will simplify the process of writing complexregular expressions. Also, this is expected to optimize the advisory processing. This implementation will be done inconjunction with other Java technology features.Project Title 23: Profiling of CM workflows - run with Your kit, log memory and cpu profile for various scale workflowsProject Description: WAAS CM today is in the critical path of supporting customer configuration and deployments. Manyand Most of WAAS deployments require configuration and network configuration ranging from 30 - 2000 WAE devices.In such scenarios WAAS Central Manager(CM) is the only deployment tool capable of enabling customers to accurately,consistently and speedily deploy WAAS.In these scenarios, it has become more challenging to support more and more WAEs via a single instance of CentralManager.* Improvements in performance and response times - The ability to acknowledge customer actions quickly is a functionof critical system resources and there is room for improvements always. Challenge is to provide a reasonableperformance and usability experience to customers for some of the top priority workflows* Improvements to Memory footprints - Memory footprint increase cannot be infinite. CM operates with limited 1GB ofRAM - Further improvements to scalability with this constraint requires careful re-analysis and re-design of some of themost common workflows used by customers. There needs a fine balancing act to store data in-memory versus persistingin database* Improvements in CPU utilization - Some of the often used workflows needs to be critically analyzed for the impact oncpu utilization. High cpu intensive workflows needs to be re-positioned smartly so as to provide users the same userexperience with less impact to cpu.
7. escape through feature testing and system level testing. In GSBU, we have an Alpha Network that deploys Catalyst45xx/49xx series of switches and are deployment solutions for 802.1x/Identity/Security, IPv6, Unicast/Multicast traffictypes. We even have the video streaming capabilities for couple of television channels in the network where in users cansubscribe to the channels. This helps us to load the traffic with different types of user traffic. There is a tremendousscope to improve the Alpha Network deployments and make the most out of Alpha Testing. Alpha lead in GSBU India willguide you through various solutions/tools that need to be created.Project Title 28: Tools for unit test /feature automationProject Description: Unit test automation by development engineers and automation of features by manual testengineers is a constant challenge everyone faces on a day-to-day basis. We are looking at ways to making automationeasy for development engineers and manual test engineers so that don’t loose focus while multi-tasking. There arevarious tools that can help us do this but each of them has limitations. We have an internal proto-type of the tool thatcan help various engineers automate features efficiently even if they are not conversant with scripting languages.Focused effort on development of this tool and successful deployment of the same can help us reduce theinvestment/expenses on tools like Fanfare.Project Title 29: MPMTS large transferProject Description: The communication channel on NX-OS is over a transport called Message Transaction Service(MTS. MTS is build over shared memory which has in-built high availability support. The largest payload that can betransferred over MTS is 1MB today. There is a layer over MTS called Multi-Part Message Transaction Service (MPMTS)that enables transfer of large payloads.However currently for huge transfers (Transfers above 2MB), it can exhaust all the MTS buffers available. This projectis about enabling huge transfers (over 2MB) over MPMTS.With the scalability requirement of NX-OS going up higher and higher with each release, this limitation is becoming abarrier to scale the system up. Achieving huge transfers with minimal change on the in application side would give ahuge boost to efforts for scaling up NX-OS.Project Title 30: Modularization of Automation frameworkProject Description: An automated framework is targeted to develop on a system using MVC architectural model.Several functional entities will be defined as software modules and each module will be controlled by a centralizedcontroller. The controller will generate a random number and the binary sequence of the number controls the sequenceof execution of each module. This modularized approach and undeterministic way of execution has several advantagesin software quality measurement. User can quickly adopt these modules to his own functions and each of them workindependent of other. The framework is capable of dynamically detecting the number of modules present in theframework and controls the execution of each module in a much random way. Also, the framework periodicallymonitors the health of the system like Percentage of memory used, Percentage of CPU used etc. The framework usesweb based reporting of results and also sends an email report to the users with the summary of the results.
8. Functional Detail:- Understand MVC (Model-View-Control) architecture- Development of Individual Modules and main controller- Integration of the individual modules with main controller- Development of TCL Automation Framework- Execution and reporting of resultsProject Title 31: Performance of XAMPP ArchitectureProject Description: Measurements are very useful to gauge the actual performance of various architectures and theircomponents. we will investigate the performance of the XAMPP(Apache, MySQL,PHP,Perl) architecture and MySQL andPHP components. We build a web-site using XAMPP and measure the application level performance. We use“measurements as a means” to improve the performance of the website. We then investigate the performance of theapplication when ported to Windows with running IIS and Apache with MySQL and PHPFunctional Detail:- Understand XAMPP architecture- Performance of the components- Application Benchmark- Collaboration tools and Web2.0 implementationProject Title 32: Power ManagementProject Description: Power management is essential for IT and Facilities managers to maintain system availability ofincreasing higher density equipment. Power Distribution Units are an essential element in managing power capacity andfunctionality for critical network, server and data center equipment. we will investigate the power management of thevarious switching power architectures and corresponding components. We will study and analyze existing architecturesand corresponding components and try to build a solution through which power can be managed effectively andintelligently for switches.Functional Detail:- Understand Switch Power architecture- Power consuming components- lab/rack usage Benchmark
9. Project Title 33: Implement a FTP server for Web Security ApplianceProject Description: Implement a FTP server to be used in robustness and load testing for Web Security Appliance.Extend the Web Security Appliance test server to implement both GET and POST requests ( Python, HTTP, FTP) 1. Extend Web Security Appliance test server functionality for both GET and POST . 2. Implement a FTP server to be used in robustness testing . 3. Extend the FTP client framework created by Dev. 4. Extend the annihilator tool for FTP to help in Load & Robustness testing.Project Title 34: Proof of concept of the Phone Home feature for Cisco Secure ManagerProject Description: Phone home involves sending anonimized data from customer setup ( features enabled,diagnostic data etc..) to a Cisco Server in the data centerProject Title 35: Health and Performance monitoring and Event based reporting of the security devices ( Cisco Firewall/Cisco IPS) managed by CSM made available through Android based Smart Phone.Project Description: Following are the two primary use cases for the HPM application availability through Android smartphone. 1. User receives an alert mail on his mail box and he checks the mail on his android phone and clicks the link to see the actual health status of the device/network. That launches the HPM application on the smart phone and shows the health status of the network/device 2. Security administrator is interested in knowing one of the key firewall status. He launches the HPM application on his smart phone, gives the ip address of the device, along with the needed credentials and the HPM screen shows the health status of that device.All this happens from HPM client running on the smart phone, contacting the CSM server and giving the needed detailsto the security admin.Project Title 36: Develop a framework for Cisco Security manager AutomationProject Description: Develop a framework for Cisco Security manager Automation that will: 1. Tie up with a DB management system to store results, logs. 2. Crunch data from the automation suites and present them in a ‘report’ format, with links to detailed reports and logs 3. Be able to compare previous reports to the present reports and highlight on new failures 4. On request, will update results to TIMS
10. Project Title 37: An automated suite for installation, uninstallation of Cisco Secure Manager with different options forbundles and execution of automated suitesProject Description: 1. This suite has to be tied with the build process – once nightly builds are available, 2. will uninstall the older CSM build, install the new one, 3. run selected test cases 4. send the results by mail.Project Title 38: Develop test tools /utilities for Ipv6 and ipv6 attack surfaceProject Description: Dual Stack deployments increase the attack surface for ipv6 deployments. The project entailscoming up with threats and vulnerability assessment of ipv6 deployments and also tools for finding these vulnerabilitiesProject Title 39: Tools and Utilities for security in virtualization environmentProject Description: In virtualized environments the east-west traffic can potentially be a threat vector , the project willencompass finding tools and writing utilities that can do POC of such security shortcomingsProject Title 40: Web based reportingProject Description: Contact Center Express (UCCX) has a thick client based reporting interface for historical reportswhich is a very primitive client. The idea here is to create a web based reporting interface without requiring anyinstallation of client on administrator machine. The UI should be intuitive and should have a look and feel in line withother contact center reporting products. This capability has tremendous impact on customer satisfaction.Project Title 41: Graphical UI for script editorProject Description: Contact Center Express ( UCCX) provides in depth built in utility called script editor for writing scriptfor call flow within system. This is widely used tool by all partners to deploy any UCCX system. This tool has not beenchanged since inception and incremental changes have been made as and when new functionality is added. It has morethan 110 steps and powerful capabilities around validating the scripts etc. But what it is missing today is good userinterface. One study across markets has pointed us that the script editor should be having easy to use graphical UI. TheUI should have pick and choose call flow design steps which are more intuitive for less skilled partner/customerpersonnel. This project has significant value in terms of customer satisfaction and also will provide competitive edge forUCCX in market place.Project Title 42: Video integration CCX ( prototype around Skype)
11. Project Description: Contact Center Express ( UCCX) is equipped with inbound/outbound voice mgmt and email mgmtfunctionalities. It also supports Cisco video end points for video channel. But as of now, customer reaching out to UCCXcan not use video as media other than Cisco end points. The idea here is to see if any video client can be used to reachout to UCCX. Skype with video is one of the available and widely used channel and so this project will be to create anintegration of skype with UCCX ( proto). This capability has great innovation impact.Project Title 43: CSF integration ( CUCI connect/CUCI MOC)Project Description: Cisco collaboration portfolio has multiple soft client end points using client services framework inCisco Unified Call Manager (CUCM). Some of them are CUCI MOC which integrates Microsoft office communicator (MOC) to CUCM using CSF to provide click to call, click to dial and call handling capability through MOC and similarlyCUCI Connect which integrates Webex Connect to CUCM. The scope here in this project would be to integrate one suchCisco CSF endpoints as agent terminal for UCCX. This feature has great value in terms of innovation.Project Title 44: Rule driven Configuration ValidatorProject Description: With UCCX escalations facing numerous issues due to configuration, the Rule driven configurationValidator helps in running a validation check on customer testbeds and isolate them before being taken escalated tosupport and Engineering teams. This has a great value in terms of CSAT.Project Title 45: Simulate live call centre operations using Java and Automation toolsProject Description: Gorilla Tests are typically manual and involves a large number of engineers doing operations on thesame product at the same time, in more of an ad-hoc manner, executing most of the functionalities of the product. Thisis actually the simulation of live operation. It is extremely difficult to automate this, as the steps are not predictable andhence the results are not predictable. It will be of great value to develop the intelligence using the Automationframework in Java to enable to design, execute and track the random operations and also validate the expected results.This also includes setting up a entire solution test bench using all the Unified Communications products thatinteroperate with UCCX and also client systems running different OS, using different browsers etc.Project Title 46: Streaming media processing toolsProject Description: Design & develop tools for processing real time streaming media for Ciscos new MediaSense IPvoice/video recording product. Mix and transcode between codecs and formats such as MP4, g.711, RTP, wav, etc.:  An RTSP proxy service which adds capabilities such as authentication and capacity management to an existing RTSP server  A tool which rebuilds and plays raw media files, mixes tracks, and transcodes among codecs  A prototype which uses Ciscos media processing appliance to mix or transcode media streams in real tim  Implement a bridging server between RTSP and HTTP streaming technologies in real timeProject Title 47: Automated deployment verificationProject Description: Help develop a facility which can place a call, record it, and verify the recording, all at the touch ofa button, using Java technologies which is really essential tool to verify all components are working fine in a complex
12. deployment. The idea is to develop a tool that works in conjunction with Cisco’s MediaSense product and verify that allthe components have been configured to work together correctly after the deployment is completed. You will helpdevelop a facility which can place a call, record it, and verify the recording, all at the touch of a button, using Javatechnologies.Project Title 48: Contact Center reporting on AndroidProject Description: We require reporting based on Android which is becoming a de-facto platform for contentdevelopment in mobile devices. The package that is to be developed would have bare minimal functionality like login,scroll reports and launch a report. Once the basic functionality is demonstrated, additional screens for dashboard, reportdefinition etc can be developed. Skills that would be necessary for this requirement are Android SDK, Java and UIdevelopment knowledge.Project Title 49:Project Description: Pajaro is a Web 2.0 based ease-of-use mid-market VoIP telephony management application.The objective of project would be to prototype moving the Web 2.0 frame work from CUES to XMP based architecture.Project Title 50: NBAR2 Signature developmentProject Description: This project is about developing the NBAR2 protocol signatures in Stile. Stile is lisp type language.In the last decade several BUs within Cisco built and maintained individual protocol classification libraries. NBAR2 is aresult of the “OneDPI” initiative in Cisco, which includes the (SINGLE) NBAR2 protocol library (aka NBAR2 PL). NBAR2 isnow reaching many Cisco platforms (ASR1k, ISRs, Trifecta, CSG2, ASR5K).Project Title 51: RSVP-EP stack on AndroidProject Description: RSVP is resource reservation protocol – which is assuming high importance in media driven datatraffic management today. We have RSVP-EP stack which is getting integrated on most of the end-points (windows andLinux). We also have requirements from Android based systems to get this rsvp-ep stack.Project Title 52: App analysis for FacebookProject Description: Facebook has lots of popular app like games. We want to identify those apps by NBAR. For that weneed to identify unique application signature present is network data generated by those apps.The work involves understanding of:  How facebook application (includes facebook mobile app) infrastructure works.  How those application interacts with the backend (e.g. ajax, xml RPC, FBML etc).  Capturing of network data generated by facebook apps, mine those captures and come up with tags either in http header or body to identify apps uniquely.
13. Project Title 53: Green App on AndroidProject Description: Right now, most of development engineers do not switch off their routers even when they are notin use. It takes some effort to telnet to power cyclers to switch it off. This project is to write a very simple app onandroid which can telnet to power cyclers and switch it off; that will be good value addition. The application shouldalso remind users at some regular interval to switch off the router and if response is yes, then it should switch off therouter.Project Title 54: WiFi – packet generatorProject Description: With increasing importance of wireless media, test tools need to be enhanced to data flowing inwireless. We use Aircrack <more details> - this can be enhanced to accommodate WiFi packets – this will help us toinject 802.11x protocol packets in our testing. This calls for adding a new frame format to the tool.Benefit of the enhancement would be to be able to test enterprse features in WiFi setup – which is very prevalenttoday. We also expect this to be used for Enterprise-edge features.Project Title 55: thc-ipv6 EnhancementsProject Description: thc-ipv6 is an open source tool. We want to enhance it to make the ipv6 negative testing moreeffective. Possibilities are: ipv6 header ; (most of the extension header options are not available in this tool now), ipv6DoS attack based on current ipv6 security threat and few areas of IPv6 ND.It’s important for us because few negative testing tools are available today for ipv6, but their features are very limited.Since IPv6 is going to be deployed in the field aggressively in another 6 months down line , it is better we find veryexception in code via defects which will help to improve overall quality in the core areas of ipv6.Project Title 56: Android apps for test harnessProject Description: This takes two flavors. There is need for simple and easy interface – preferably a smart-phonebased android app that will interface with various types of test beds and test harnesses to use them in a convenientmanner. Sample tasks are start / stop of tests, monitoring status, detecting test bed availability etc.Other idea is to get an app that gives a consolidated view of different test results and get it our desktop / smart-phones.Scope of this project is basically create RSS feed for the test results so that we can get to see various test results orchanges made to test result page on near-real-time basis.Project Title 57: Interactive Graph viewer for NBARProject Description: NBAR (read earlier slide for details on NBAR) – has internal state graph representing states in aprotocol. Code to dump the graph to a file is already available. The project objective is to parse the file and generate adisplay which can preferably be viewed using a browser. The display should be able to collapse and expand sub-graphsat their root node. Display views should be customizable to view: • Per protocol sub-graph • Entire graph • Signature specific sub-graphs • Content of each state nodeAbility to add new types of graph elements for display via API/API modification
14. Project Title 58: Dashboard for NBAR sanity / fidelity / performance / UTProject Description: There are several types of test suites being created for NBAR. The goal is to create a consolidatedinterface to run tests and view dashboard with ability to drill down to specifics. Some features should be: • Status of nightly/weekly runs of various tests on different branches • Include router and simulator tests • Web based • Ability to run trigger specific test suites (Back end is already available) • Ability to add new classes of tests and viewsProject Title 59: Project Management and tracking SystemProject Description: Currently we have project tracking and metrics gathering portal to keep track of all our projects,this system has basic project task management and reporting capabilities.. We need to further expand this by addingfeatures like resource management (load balancing), Gantt chart integration, incident tracking, MS project support,roadmap dev, advanced reporting capabilities. RSS feed generation and viewing from reader on your desktop/mobile.This would provide “single view” for all, from project management, tracking and reporting stand point.Currently this system is extensively used in SSR automation team and NPETC-India test, RelOps team is doing a pilot.With above features in place & bit of customization we can potentially deploy this across ES org & beyond.Project Title 60: eARMS on AndroidProject Description: This project is about developing a lite version of eARMS that runs on Android.We would like to experiment by developing a mobile Version of eARMS, that will allow users to launch, review status,rerun and get intimated in case of failures of their test runs. Simultaneously, we would like to get people to use aminiature eARMS database, which can sync up with the main eARMS database once folks are in the Office. Along withthis : we would like people to analyse results of their runs, online. Also : we want to experiment putting Hudson kind ofscheduler on a cell phone, which will talk to the eARMS application in the enterprise with this project, it time permits.Project Title 61: IOS Infra on UCSProject Description: We are trying to migrate Pagent to UCS, and see a need to have an IOS kind of CLI and Packetforwarding infra developed on UCS. Ability to create a IOS Parser kind of Infra on UCS, develop packet forwardinginfrastructure, and expose APIs, which will be used when Pagent get ported into UCS .Project Title 62: Development of the Android application for Media sharing over BluetoothProject Description: Developing the Android application which will stream a jpeg image from the Android phone to alinux pc. Bluetooth will be used as the medium for streaming. The interns will get the screen shot in jpeg format on aandroid phone and will stream this image using Basic Imaging profile (BIP) for Bluetooth to a linux pc. Also work includes
15. developing some GUI on pc for demo purposes. Further extension of this work would be to try Upnp over Bluetooth.This can also be developed over Android and over Bluetooth using ESDP profile.Project Title 63:Project Description: For every camera we design, following are common things to be done in the initial phase of thedevelopment.1) Noise and black offset analysis :  Get sensor dumps at various gains with closed iris to characterize sensor noise.  Compute parameters like mean, variance, min value, max value, histogram for these sensor dumps.  Make plots for mean, variance and histograms.  Estimate photon transfer curve (PTC) which is the relation between signal input level (mean) and signal variance.This will give insight into the different noises like Read out nosie, Photon short noise and Photo response non uniformity.2) Linearity and dynamic range :  Check if sensor response to the intensity is linear.  Use step chart with known increments in the intensity and verify if values given by sensor also show the same increments.  Do this at different gains.  Comparing the values of blackest and whitest patches, we can get an idea about dynamic range also.3) Color space calibration for White balancing:  Get sensor dumps under different illuminations at differnet F-numbers to do sensor+lens color space calibration.  Understand the procedure to do this clearly so that it can be fully implemented.4) Green Imbalance and Leakage:  Analyze sensor raw data to see if there is any leakage of color channels into neighboring channels in the sensor data which may result in green imbalance.  Form some models for this leakage so that it can be corrected appropriately in further processing stages.Work involved : 1) Learning about the above mentioned stuff 2) Hands-on work in the lab with sensor 3) Implementing the required software both in C and Matlab so that it can be easily and quickly used later. 4) Documenting everything so that others can reuse the work.
16. Project Title 64:Project Description: Development in C/C on Linux/Unix platforms• Participate in design discussions and research solutions for anti-counterfeiting and secure messaging• Perform data analysis to detect subtle defect trends and drive continuous improvement activities.• Work with cross-functional teams to provide quality information and make recommendations.• Manage quality issues to resolution through an isolation, root cause, and closed-loop corrective action process.• Provide support for Quality Engineering activities and unscheduled requests.• Participate in Cisco Product Defect Reduction (pDRT) and Quality Improvement (QIT) teams• FPGA design/programming and verification• Custom design test hardware for the Manufacturing Test Platform initiativeProject Title 65:Project Description: Participate in feature design discussions and contribute innovative ideas and solutions. Collaboratewith cross-functional teams such as marketing, technical support and documentation group on related tasks.• Solid understanding of distributed systems and networking principles, plus working knowledge of related disciplines,e.g., computer security, algorithms, database, and operating systems;• Contribute to small subsystem architecture design and write functional specs;• Write and/or provide input portions of design specs;• Independently develop software code per design specification;• Write major portions of unit, integration, and regression test plan;• Debug problems of moderate scope at the subsystem level;• Perform complex subsystem level unit, integration, and dev tests;• Identify and resolve problems found during internal verification testing at customer sites.