2. Orbomed teamVitaly Vishnepolsky, MBA CEO Dr. Vadim Sigalov, MDChief Business consultant Chief Medical consultant Ksenia Chagan, MBA Igor Shcherback, PhD Biotech advisor Physics advisor
3. Hysteroscopy: background• Gold standard for detection of intrauterine pathology• Safe and simple procedure for outpatient clinics
4. Hysteroscopy: background (cont.)• From patients’ side pain continues to represent the main limiting factor to a large-scale use of outpatient hysteroscopy
5. Office Based Hysteroscopy(OBH) facts• Only 15% of gynecologists in the United States routinely perform office hysteroscopy to evaluate intrauterine pathology. Reimbursement Equipment
6. The OBH need• Broadening of applications’ list• Cost reduction• Becoming the gold standard for specific operations• Updating of reimbursement policies.
7. Orbomed:Office Based Hysteroscopy product line• Three dimensional scissors• No need for laparoscop reposition• Easier lesion capture in moving media (saline flow)• Ready-for-sending tissue sample post-operationally
8. What is the difference inORBOMED concept?VIDEO>>
9. Advantages of Orbomed• Improved patient’s comfort• Eliminated need for general anesthesia• Shorten interventional procedure• Reduced overall cost
11. Applications• Polypectomy – 6M of annual visits• Adhesiolysis – 1M of Asherman Syndrome• Biopsy under direct visualization – approx. 50K of new endometrial cancer/year
12. Market potential• Global Uro-Gynecological Surgical Devices Market to Reach US$1.98 Billion by 2015• Global Biopsy devices Market is expected to reach $1.4 Billion by 2018, CAGR 5% from 2011.
13. Orbomed R&D plan• Within 24 months we plan to achieve fully working prototype ready for clinical trials• Planned budget $750K