The film, directed by Jon Favreau, is based on the 2006 graphic novel of the same name created by Scott Mitchell Rosenberg, which in turn was an expansion of a Far Side comic by Gary Larson. Name the movie. <br />For extra points: Towards the end of the movie, the citizens intend to rebuild a town, with the expectation that the newly discovered gold mine will soon bring many new settlers. This is said to be the secret origin of a city in Arizona. Name the city.<br />
3) Which film opens with a quotation from the Book of Job, when God asks, "Where were you when I laid the earth’s foundation ... while the morning stars sang together and all the sons of God shouted for joy?" <br /> At a later stage, the film cuts to a dramatization of the formation of the universe. As the galaxies expand and planets are formed, Jack's (One of the leading characters in the movie) voice is heard asking various existential questions.<br />
ANSWER: The connect is Pixar.<br /> Pixar was originally a part of the Computer Division of Lucasfilm.<br />Steve Jobs bought Pixar in 1986 after he left Apple.<br /> Toy Story is Pixar's first feature film as well as the first ever feature film to be made entirely with Computer-generated Imagery (CGI).<br />P.S: In case you are wondering, Pixar’s relation to Hollywood releases in 2011 is Cars 2, which is the 12th animated film by Pixar.<br />
5) This movie, which is scheduled for release, is based on a Marvel comics character. The film tells the story of Steve Rogers, a sickly man from Brooklyn who is transformed into super soldier ______ _______ to help the war effort. _______ ______ must also stop Red Skull, Adolf Hitler's ruthless head of weaponry and leader of a terrorist organization, who intends to use a mysterious tesseract energy-source for world domination. Name either the movie or the superhero.<br />
ANSWER:Superhero is Captain America and the movie is Captain America: The First Avenger.<br />
6) This film was originally planned for release in 2011, but has been rescheduled to May 18th 2012. The plot of the film is as follows: In the Hawaiian Islands, an international naval fleet at Pearl Harbor engage in a very dynamic and intense battle against an alien race known as "The Regents". The aliens come to planet Earth, on a mission to build a power source in the ocean. Upon their visit, they come in contact with a navy fleet. The film is also purported to show both sides of the story, from the aliens' perspective, as well as the humans' so the audience knows exactly where the opponent's ships are. The movie is based on a Hasbro game of the same name. Name the movie.<br />
7) This movie is based on the character created by Robert E. Howard. The 2011 film however, is said to be a new interpretation of the character’s mythology and is not related to the films, in which Arnold Schwarzenegger plays the same character. Identify the movie/character. For extra points, name the actor who plays the character in the 2011 movie.<br />
ANSWER:Character/Movie- Conan the Barbarian.Jason Momoa plays Conan in the 2011 movie, which is scheduled for release.<br />
8) Identify the movie (scheduled for release in October).<br />
9) This movie takes it’s name from a book by Michael Connelly. The name is probably because the movie is about a Criminal defense attorney Mickey Haller who operates around Los Angeles County out of a ______ Town Car which is a full-size, luxury sedan sold by one of Ford’s brands. If you fill in the blank, you get the name of the brand (Which is also the first part of the movie).<br />
ANSWER: Lincoln lawyer is the movie’s name.Lincoln is an American luxury vehicle brand of the Ford Motor Company<br />
ANSWER: The connect is Rio.The man on the top left is Tony Juniper, an environmentalist. Saldhana’s original idea was a Penguin caught in Rio, but then changed it to involve Macaws (after watching Happy Feet and Surf’s Up) and their environments in Rio. Many believe, that the plot is based on Juniper’s 1992 book titled ‘Spix's Macaw: The Race To Save the World's Rarest Bird’.Angry Birds released a Rio version in March 2011.The bird at the bottom is a Red-crested Cardinal which is Pedro, in the movie.<br />
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.