C = R WORDS HAVE WONDERFUL POWER ENCOURAGE OR DISCOURAGE INSPIRE OR INSTIGATE DO AND UNDO MAKE AND UNMAKE HARM AND HEAL SO, THINK AND SPEAK ? OR SPEAK AND THINK ? THINK MORE THAN YOU TALK & TALK LESS THAN YOU LISTEN
COMMUNICATIONS CAN BOTH ENHANCE & ENRICH RELATIONSHIPS BOTH AT WORK & AT HOME WHY NOT WE DO SOMETHING TO FURTHER IMPROVE OUR COMMUNICATIONS ?
UNIQUENESS OF HUMAN COMMUNICATION SKILLS " YOUR SPEECH REVEALS YOUR CHARACTER " SPEECH IS A MIRROR OF THE SOUL
PEOPLE ARE INFLUENCED, PROBLEMS ARE SOLVED, CHANGES ARE FACILITATED, EXCELLENT RELATIONSHIPS ARE DEVELOPED, DESIRED RESULTS ARE ACHIEVED, AND SUCCESS IS ENSURED. GET MOTIVATED TO IMPROVE YOUR COMMUNICATION SKILLS WITH EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION SKILLS IMPROVE BOTH INTERNAL & EXTERNAL COMMUNICATION
COMMUNICATION Our attitudes and beliefs, perceptions and prejudices, the quality of our thinking & our values get conveyed in our communication PLAYS A VITAL ROLE IN DISCOVERING OURSELVES & THE WORLD AROUND US
THE QUALITY OF YOUR LIFE IS THE QUALITY OF YOUR COMMUNICATION ~ BOTH WITH YOURSELF & OTHERS
ENCOURAGE YOURSELF & OTHERS, TO FURTHER IMPROVE COMMUNICATION SKILLS
IS NOT JUST GETTING THE MESSAGE ACROSS BUT ITS ACCEPTANCE FROM ITS INTENDED RECEIVERS WHICH CAUSES THE EXPECTED BEHAVIOUR FROM THE RECEIVERS OF THE MESSAGE ONLY THEN, THE RECEIVERS WILL BE WILLING TO CONVERT THE COMMUNICATION INTO ACTION EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION SURELY, YOU WANT ACTION ~ IS IT NOT ?
LISTEN TO, OBSERVE & INTERPRET ALL FORMS OF LANGUAGE IS ESSENTIAL FOR EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION THE ABILITY TO [ NATURE'S GIFT + CONCENTRATION + INTELLIGENCE ]
COMMUNICATION INCLUDES BODY LANGUAGE, TONALITY OF VOICE & THE WORDS YOU USE. 55% + 38% + 7% = 100%
1. MAKE SURE THAT YOUR WORDS, BODY LANGUAGE & TONALITY ARE CONGRUENT – [ ALIGNED AND SENDING THE SAME MESSAGE ] SOME USEFUL HINTS FOR IMPROVING COMMUNICATION SKILLS :
2. MAINTAINING EYE CONTACT – [ EXPRESSION OF YOUR INTEREST ]
3. IMPROVE YOUR VOICE CULTURE – [ MAKE IT INTERESTING ]
4. BE POSITIVE, PRECISE AND CLEAR – [ ~ “Don’t forget to complete the work by tomorrow.” ] [ ~ “Please remember to complete the work by tomorrow.” ]
5. GOOD LISTENING SUPPLIES THE BUILDING BLOCKS OF GOOD UNDERSTANDING AND GOOD COMMUNICATION SKILLS ~ Listening is an active process involving : Ears – for verbal communication Eyes – for non-verbal communication Body – for gestures
6 . WELL-TIMED PAUSES GIVE TIME FOR EXPLANATION, EVALUATION & DEVELOPMENT OF THOUGHT ~ Facial expressions reveal the difference between a pregnant pause and an embarrassed silence
7. SUMMARISING IS AN ESSENTIAL SKILL WHICH TAKES STOCK OF THE MAIN POINTS COVERED
8. EMPATHIZE WITH THE RECEIVER OF THE MESSAGE ~ put yourself in the other person’s position, understand the other person’s perspective and then proceed to interact
9 . COMMUNICATION MUST APPEAL TO BOTH MIND AND HEART ~ appealing to mind requires facts, evidence and logic ~ appealing to the heart, more difficult, requires ‘touching the soul’ - based on mutually respected values
10. KEEP THE COMMUNICATION SIMPLE ~ say it in simple sentences, with no twists and turns ‘ communicate to express but not to impress’
11. TELL IT AND TELL IT AGAIN, IF NECESSARY ~ tell the point once – then come back and hit it again, and again.
12. COMMUNICATE WITH CONFIDENCE ~ communication exposes your inner thoughts, feelings and sentiments. Your confidence, or the lack of it, is getting transparently revealed.
13. PRACTICE THE ART OF COMMUNICATING ON PAPER ~ thinking on paper & saying on paper
14. COMMUNICATION IS IRREVERSIBLE ~ communication cannot be reversed [ reversible processes – water and ice irreversible processes – milk and coffee ] Only minimizing the hurt feelings is possible, but the damage has already been done. [ ~ forgive but not forget ] Be highly careful, thoughtful and purposeful
15. COMMUNICATION IS MORE A PEOPLE PROCESS THAN A LANGUAGE PROCESS ~ communication is a series of actions and reactions communication influences our own and that of others’ behaviour communication reflects the true personality of an individual
16. COMMUNICATION CAN ALWAYS BE IMPROVED ~ practice, more practice and much more practice
17. COMMUNICATION AND FEEDBACK ~ feedback ensures that message has been received in the manner, that was originally intended
18. COMMUNICATION AND CLARITY
19. COMMUNICATION AND COMMITMENT
20. COMMUNICATION AND CHARACTER
SOME IMPORTANT ASPECTS 1. How to open, structure & close conversations 2. How to persuade people to cooperate with you
3. How to hear, recognise & use the different communication styles between men & women Men ask : " How are we going to solve the problem ? " Women say : " Why have we got the problem ? "
4. Be aware that what you are thinking about a person will show through in your body language
We all think that our own limited view is the real one. Fundamental to successful communication is the ability to understand others, seeing things from their frame of reference IT IS NOT.
Communicating with ANGRY PEOPLE 1. Firstly, try to diffuse the situation 2. Listen carefully, without interrupting 3. Get the right inner voice 4. Use the right body language
6. Apologize if necessary, & empathize 7.Tell what you are going to do to resolve the problem AND FINALLY DO IT 5. Summarize what the other person has said to check that you have properly understood the situation
Be aware of the Values, Attitudes, Pressures & Prejudices of others; they may not be the same as yours. Understand that not everyone is like you. Try different ways of communicating with different personality types.
COMMIT YOURSELF TO IMPROVE YOUR COMMUNICATION YOU WILL FIND THAT YOUR DESTINY CAN BE REWRITTEN
? IN TO-DAY'S PRESENTATION 1. WHAT DID YOU LIKE, IF ANY ? 2. WHAT DO YOU WANT TO IMPLEMENT, TO MOTIVATE YOURSELF TO IMPROVE YOUR COMMUNICATION SKILLS ?
PLEASE LET ME HAVE SOME FEEDBACK Please visit : http://www.viswam-becomingbetter.blogspot.com THANK YOU
HOPE YOU HAVE ENJOYED THIS PRESENTATION. DO YOU FEEL MOTIVATED TO DO SOMETHING ? PUT SOMETHING INTO PRACTICE, FROM TO-DAY. THANK YOU, FOR THE PATIENT LISTENING PROF. V. VISWANADHAM [ 040 – 2722 3383 ] PLEASE KEEP SMILING