The shofar is blown in a certain way, with various notes and tones, in effect to "shatter the body" so that the possessing force will be shaken loose
1. EXORCISMExpulsion of the evil spirit, demon or… Devil
2. WHAT IS IT• A religious practice of expelling demons or any other spiritual entities• The act of driving out demons from a person, place or thing, upon believing it to be possessed
3. WHO DOES THEM• These special kind of people (or priests) called an Exorcist.• Also…God (or his angels) can intervene as well.
4. HOW CAN IT BE DONE• There are many ways to do an exorcism : • Ways • Catholic (Christianity): They are performed by calling on the name of Jesus , saints or angels to intervene in the exorcism; use religious materials; sprinkling a “specialized” type of water; repeating a prayer. • Islam: They lay the person down; a white-gloved therapist places a hand on the “patient” „s head and chants verses from the Quran. Drinking of holy water is also necessary. Specific verses are used from the Quran, which glorify God; it also invokes the help from God. • Judaism- They do not believe in only exorcising the possessing force, but to help the possessor and the possessed. The ritual is perform by a rabbi who knows Kabbalah. A group of ten male adults, they gather around the possessed; they recite Psalm 91 three times and then the rabbi blows a ram‟s horn. After that, the rabbi communicates with the possessor and asks why it is possessing the body. The ten male then pray for it so it may feel safe, and it can leave the person‟s body. • Many believe that if you pray with more Christians to God, then He will aid the afflicted individual during the exorcism.
5. WHAT DO THEY USE?• Catholics • Sacred items or texts • The Bible• Islam • Quran-Islamic bible • Holy water- for drinking • Prayers• Judaism • Kabbalah • Minyan- the group of ten male adults • Psalm 91 • Shofar- ram‟s horn
6. ARE THERE ANY DANGERS• The fact that a demon is possessing you is dangerous enough, but there can be complications: • Mal-nutrition • Lack of sleep • Deterioration • The demon might not want to leave • As it might also cause serious effects towards the possessed individual • Dealing with a very powerful (or maybe stubborn) demon will make expulsion more difficult
7. ARE THEY IN SERVICE• As a matter of fact, according to an article found at http://www.elnuevodia.com/activanexorcistasporqueeldiabloandasuelto-1397051.html ,they decide to have a servicial organization, that helps those who feel that there is evil within them, to be exorsized. The service is avaliable from 4:30 unitl 5:00. The arshbishop felt that it was needed scince the Devil is prowling around the world looking for lost souls. Angelo Scola, Archbishop of Milan
8. WHAT CAUSES A PERSON TO BE POSSESSED• The only way for US to become the fallen is by doing the opposite things that God wants us to do…and I don‟t mean if you turn gay then your possessed I mean by: • Believing in the dead is something that we should not be doing; no matter how convincing they look: they are only demons performing “miracles”. • Do not communicate with them: worst way to do that is with an Ouija board. That‟s like inviting them to a party that you didn‟t plan for. • Although they have done movies involving possessions, it should not be played with for it‟s a way to invite them into your life and, judging by the bible, I believe that no one wants a demon as a friend.
9. POSSESIONS• Anneliese Michel, a Catholic woman from Germany was said to be possessed by six or more demons and subsequently underwent a secret ten-month-long voluntary exorcism in 1975. She died at the age of 24 weighing only 68 pounds.• Michael Taylor, from the British town of Ossett • “In an all-night ceremony, the group invoked and cast out at least forty demons, including those of incest, bestiality, blasphemy, and lewdness. At the end, exhauseted, they allowed Taylor to go home, although they felt that at least three demons--insanity, murder, and violence--were still left in him.” • — Dr. Bill Ellis, The Pennsylvania State University• Roland Doe, later changed by author Thomas B. Allen to "Robbie Mannheim“, an anonymous American boy; the events reported in the media of the time and the subsequent supernatural claims surrounding those events went on to inspire the 1971 novel The Exorcist.• Mother Teresa allegedly underwent an exorcism late in life under the direction of the Archbishop of Calcutta, Henry DSouza, after he noticed she seemed to be extremely agitated in her sleep and feared she "might be under the attack of the evil one ."
10. EXORCISTS• Gabriele Amorth is an Italian Roman Catholic priest and an exorcist of the Diocese of Rome who has cleansed tens of thousands of demonic possessions.• Father William S. Bowdern, S.J. was a Catholic priest of the Society of Jesus in St. Louis, Missouri, United States. Bowdern was the lead exorcist in the exorcism of Roland Doe, a thirteen-year-old Lutheran boy in 1949.• Father Lawrence Kenny (August 19, 1896 - January 1977) was a Roman Catholic Jesuit priest who was also an exorcist. He participated in the exorcism of thirteen year old Lutheran boy, Roland Doe who became possessed after using a Ouija board.• Theophilus Riesinger, a Roman Catholic priest, who later became an exorcist, was born in Germany.
11. ENTERTAINMENT• The Exorcist (novel and movie)• Stigmata (1999 film)• Possessed (2000 film inspired by exorcism of Robbie Mannheim)• Andrea (2005 Dominican Republic horror film; true story)• Supernatural (2005 television series, has many exorcisms throughout)• Constantine (2005 movie).• The Exorcism of Emily Rose (2005 movie) was inspired by the Anneliese Michel case.• A Haunting (2005 Discovery Channel TV series about reportedly true stories, many involving demons and exorcisms.)• The Unborn (2009 film)• The Last Exorcism (2010 horror film)• The Rite (2011 film)• The Devil Inside (2012 film)• The Possession (2012 film)
12. VIDEOS…• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVRBdLvhbY4 • Entertainment• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4n9vK0_mdk • Proof of exorcism• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbDiPv3J2c0 • Based on a true story…
13. PSALM 23:4 • “I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me” GOD BLESS YOU…