Social media goes beyond the marketing department
from the top to the bottom
• Department or company-wide
• SMART – specific, measurable,
attainable, realistic, timely
• Social media strategies
• Tools and specific actions
• Consider Risk
– “How can we control our message?”
– “What happens if people say bad things?”
– “How can we prevent a crisis from
– “How is this affected by regulations?”
– “How does legal feel about this plan?”
• When will we see returns?
• What will these returns look like?
• How much time is involved?
• Who should be involved?
Metrics and Measurement
Activity & Engagement Revenue and Biz Dev
•Members • Speed of sales cycle
•Posts/Threads • % customer retention
•Comments or Ideas • Transaction value
•Inbound Links • Referrals
Cost Savings Awareness and Value
• Issue Resolution Time • Brand loyalty/affinity
• % of issues resolved online • Media placements
• Account turnover • Share of Conversation
• Hiring/Recruiting • Net Promoter Score
•New Product Ideas