Scripture verses, “ and that he was buried, and that he was raised on the third day according to the scriptures…,” (1 Corinthians 15:4, NET) “ To the same apostles also, after his suffering, he presented himself alive with many convincing proofs. He was seen by them over a forty-day period and spoke about matters concerning the kingdom of God…” (Acts 1:3, NET)
Introduction “ Resurrection is the most important place of the Christian faith.” Let us see in detail…
1. The nature of resurrection (Answering the question, what?) A. The meaning of credibility B. The meaning of Christ’s resurrection Negatively: 1. Not a swoon 2. Not a resuscitation 3. Not continued existence of only the soul of Jesus Positively: A literal resurrection of the physical body of Jesus Christ from the tomb in Joseph’s garden.
1. It marked Him off as the Son of God in a unique sense (Romans 1:4).
2. It was the soul of the divine approval upon all His claims, (Acts 2:23-24).
B. With reference to the believer:
Assures him of his acceptance with God, (Romans 4:25)
Assures him of all needed power, (Ephesians 1:19-22).
Grants to him the Holy Ghost, (John 7:37-39; Acts2:33)
Is a guarantee of his own resurrection and immortality, (II Corinthians 4:14; John 14:19)
With reference to the world of men:
1. Guarantees the resurrection of all men (1 Corinthians 15:22)
2. Assures them of the certainty of a coming judgment, (Acts 17:31)
Conclusion “ Resurrection is important. If Christ was not resurrected there’s no Christianity. No hope of our salvation either.”
Credits Sermon taken from “How to Prepare Sermons” by William Evans Slides designed by: The Virtual Preacher Find more resources like this one. Visit…, http://www.virtualpreacher.org/category/powerpoint-sermons-studies/