2. UCLA Campus life Very large campus Values- Diversity, volunteerism ,True Bruin ,and sustainability. Housing and Dinning- Dinning and housing services Health and safety- student health services, counseling ,and Disability Services
3. FACTS TO KNOW Many sports- Foot ball, soccer, Track and field, and swimming. Clubs- Student groups, Greek Life, Campus events, and stores and restaurants. They don’t like USC A student’s Financial Need is calculated as the difference between Cost of Education and Expected family Contribution.
4. Continued… You can get you Masters or Doctorial Degree in any studies provided at UCLA. Very high SAT Scores Take as many AP. Classes as possible and take SAT and the ACT tests ( have to be high) 3.7 GPA in State. 4.2 GPA out of state.
6. History Founded in 1881 was originally referred to as the California State Normal Schools Los Angeles branch. In 1919, the name changed to UCLA because it was known as a University. The first mascot came from a little fuzy dog named Rags that was wondering the garden of UCLA. Then later UCLA adopted a Cub to be their new mascot.
7. Azusa Pacific University Christian school/located in San Gabriel Valley. APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programs. APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Reports Best Colleges for seven years running.
8. FACTS TO KNOW 89% of undergraduates has financial Aid. Student loans $33,398,453 Federal $8,055,879 State $9,222,489 Athletics- baseball, Track, soccer, swimming/ Dive, Football and more.. with a 3.0 GPA or higher qualify for university graduate admission.
9. More Info… Freshman Admission Profile (Class of 2015) Number Applied 8,187 Number Entering (first time, full time) 1,184 Average high school GPA 3.637 Average combined SAT score 1,105 National SAT average score (2011) 1,011 Freshman retention (fall 2010-11) 87.5%
10. APU Life Student life- Ministry, Games, hanging with friends, Theater, Opera and Chapel. Student Services- book store, Housing services, computer store and International services. Career Planning- Christian leadership, vocational services and career services.
12. History Founded 1899/first Bible college founded on the West Coast. In 1939, the Training School became Pacific Bible College and offered four-year degrees. Azusa Pacific University still serves as a Christian university committed to God First and in high education. The institution offers more than 53 undergraduate majors, 37 master’s degrees, 7 doctoral programs, more than 9,200 students attend this college.
13. Difference’s GPA requirements Different mascot (state the obvious) One founded before the other. APU more religious than UCLA.
14. Similarities Both big schools Located in LA Different Races High academics in these two colleges. Great Athletics
16. Why I choose These Colleges ! I choose APU because my brother and my sister in-law had attended there for four years. Also it is a Christian school. I choose UCLA because I had visted there twice. Also because the have many great things to do there. (sports ,different majors)