2. http://www.joaquin-sorolla-y-bastida.org/ Joaquin Sorolla y Bastida (February 27, 1863 - August 10, 1923) was a Spanish painter, born in Valencia, who excelled in the painting of portraits, landscapes, and monumental works of social and historical themes. His most typical works are characterized by a dexterous representation of the people and landscape under the sunlight of his native land. Joaquin Sorolla was the eldest child born to a tradesman, also named Joaquin, and his wife, Concepcion Bastida. His sister, Concha, was born a year later. In August 1865 both children were orphaned when their parents died, possibly from cholera. They were thereafter cared for by their maternal aunt and uncle. He received his initial art education, at the age of fourteen, in his native town, and then under a succession of teachers including Cayetano Capuz, Salustiano Asenjo. At the age of eighteen he traveled to Madrid, vigorously studying master paintings in the Museo del Prado.
3. After completing his military service, at twenty-two Sorolla obtained a grant which enabled a four year term to study painting in Rome, Italy, where he was welcomed by and found stability in the example of F. Pradilla, the director of the Spanish Academy in Rome. A long sojourn to Paris in 1885 provided his first exposure to modern painting; of special influence were exhibitions of Jules Bastien-Lepage and Adolf von Menzel. Back in Rome he studied with Jose Benlliure, Emilio Sala, and Jose Villegas. http://juanramonvillanueva.wordpress.com/2009/05/29/joaquin-sorolla-pintor-de-la-luz-joaquin-sorolla-painter-of-light/ Joaquín Sorolla (1863-1923), master of light and water, left us this pure magic power of colour, transparency and vivid sensation of light, water running and the protrayed present of an end era.
4. A Rooftop with Flowers
5. Antes del bano (Before Bathing) Saliendo del bano (Leaving the Bath)
7. Bacante en reposo (Resting Bacchante)
8. Bacchante Woman Undressed 1887
9. Seated Nude
11. BAJO EL TOLDO, PLAYA DE ZARAUZ
12. People Sitting on the Beach, 1906
13. Bathtime, Valencia. 1909.
14. Casa de Huerta, Valencia (study)
15. Corner of the Garden, Alcázar Sevilla Court of the Dances, Alcázar, Sevilla
16. EL PATIO DE COMARES, LA ALHAMBRA DE GRANADA Hall of the Ambassadors, Alhambra, Granada