2. <ul><li>Shree Ram Nagar was constructed between 1951 and 1958. </li></ul><ul><li>Conceived by a group of low-income to middle-income group members with modest educational and corporate background. </li></ul><ul><li>In six years from then, in 1957, about the same time when the last of the residential buildings were being constructed, the foundation for a high school building was laid. </li></ul><ul><li>Today, our School is more than half a century old and has kept up a tradition of producing some of the finest minds in the city. </li></ul>History
3. <ul><li>Efforts of our fore-fathers </li></ul><ul><li>Old Souvenir contents speak volumes of their commitment to the School </li></ul><ul><li>The souvenir released in 1958 mentions a budget of Rs. 4 lakhs for the school building and also their candid confession that the sum was well beyond their means! </li></ul><ul><li>The likes of Dr. Sarvapalli Radhakrishnan, Dr. C.V. Raman, Rukmini Devi Arundel,C. Rajagopalachari, Morarji Desai, S.K. Patil (then Sheriff of Bombay) </li></ul><ul><li>Justice M.C. Chagla, Lalchand Hirachand and several such luminaries have </li></ul><ul><li>sent messages and words of admiration and encouragement to the promoting founders of the school. </li></ul>
10. <ul><li>Vision for the School </li></ul><ul><li>Our school has progressed from 20 students in 1951, 1000 students in 1961 and to over 2000 students today due to the foundations laid then. </li></ul><ul><li>Our vision for the School requires us to lay new foundations and strengthen the old ones to do justice to our legacy. </li></ul><ul><li>A full-fledged ICSE section, from pre-primary to the twelfth standard has to be established from now to the year 2014, in a progressive manner. </li></ul><ul><li>Includes constructing 16,500 Sq.ft of floor space, a play ground, all related infrastructure like classroom furniture, laboratory, library, drawing room, music room etc. </li></ul><ul><li>Entails fund-requirements of approximately Rs. 4 crores. </li></ul>
11. <ul><li>Time value of money </li></ul><ul><li>In 1958, our founder members targeted & raised funds of Rs. 4 lakhs!!! </li></ul><ul><li>Our founder members honestly accepted that “needless to say, it is beyond our reach “. Yet they positively went about the whole process </li></ul><ul><li>Considering the time value of money this sum today would have to be multiplied 500 times (Rs. 20 crores) which is several times more than our budget of Rs. 4 crores mentioned above </li></ul><ul><li>Our strength primarily stems from the belief that noble efforts will attract the support of the community </li></ul><ul><li>And on that note, we would like to take you all through our plans for fund-raising </li></ul>
12. <ul><li>Fund-raising menu </li></ul><ul><li>A donor- contributed event (a musical night in Shanmukhananda hall on 23rd December 2006), to kick-start our efforts </li></ul><ul><li>A souvenir to be brought out in the month of March 2007 for which advertisements are solicited </li></ul><ul><li>Donations and sponsorships from philanthropists, patrons, members, ex-students and well-wishers. </li></ul><ul><li>Encouraging response so far….four members have sponsored a classroom each. Their contributions are appreciated and applauded. </li></ul><ul><li>Please join us in our efforts to make our School a high-quality education destination and hope that all our efforts will be appreciated some years down the line </li></ul>
13. Thank You Let noble thoughts come to us from every side; May he grace our effort; That, is our collective prayer for the School. We seek your initiative to build a better tomorrow for the children of today….