1. LEVERAGING THE BRAND EQUITY. By: DEBASISH DEY ROLL No. 107 MBA-II
2. HORLICKS <ul><li>Sir WILLIAM HORLICKS </li></ul><ul><li>The original manufacture & patent holder of the malted drink. </li></ul><ul><li>Now a product from- GSK Consumer Health. </li></ul><ul><li>Launched in the year 1930 . </li></ul><ul><li>Launched as an additive & substitute to milk. </li></ul><ul><li>Most trusted health drink brand (6 th position in trusted brand list). </li></ul><ul><li>Market share of more than 50%. </li></ul>
3. POSITIONING & RE-POSITIONING OF HORLICKS <ul><li>POSITIONING : </li></ul><ul><li>It was initially introduced both a substitute & an additive to milk and it was initially positioned itself as “food for convalescing” & a nutrient supplement for kids only. </li></ul>
4. <ul><li>RE-POSITIONING: </li></ul><ul><li>From a boring nutritional drink, GSK positioned Horlicks as `pleasurable nourishment', by launching it in vanilla, chocolate and honey variants. </li></ul><ul><li>It introduced other variants like - Jr. Horlicks, Women’s Horlicks, Mother Horlicks & Horlicks Lite to repositioned itself from the children segment to other segment for consumption. </li></ul>
5. POSITIONING THE BRAND <ul><li>POSITIONING: </li></ul><ul><li>Pleasurable nourishment. </li></ul><ul><li>BRAND ASSOCIATION: </li></ul>
6. COMMUNICATING THE MESSAGE <ul><li>PROMOTION: </li></ul><ul><li>Organized nationwide events like- Wiz kid & Dream Team. </li></ul><ul><li>Epang Opang Japang . </li></ul><ul><li>CAMPAIGN: </li></ul><ul><li>“ Badlo Apne Bachpan Ka Size ”, takes the thought to the next level by communicating how Horlicks enables kids to have a bigger, better, childhood while growing Taller, Stronger, Sharper </li></ul>
7. DELIVERING THE PERFORMANCE <ul><li>PRODUCT FOCUS: </li></ul><ul><li>Benefit of 23 vital nutrients. </li></ul><ul><li>DISTRIBUTION COVERAGE: </li></ul><ul><li>Through more than 5lac retail outlets. </li></ul>
9. SOMETHING ABOUT THE BRAND EXTENDED PRODUCTS BRAND LAUNCHED ON COMPETITOR GSKCH EXPECTATION Junior Horlicks Biscuit June 2009 Parle-G & Britannia Tiger Rs 50 Crore Sales Turnover Horlicks Nutribar March 2009 Mars Licker Rs 100-150 Crore of Revenue in 5 yrs Horlicks Chilled Doodh April 2009 Amul Kool & MAFCO Rs 50-100 Crore of Revenue in next 5 yrs
10. COMPETITION <ul><li>In India the milk beverage market is of Rs 2,305 Crore. </li></ul>BRAND MARKET SHARE 50% 17% 15%
11. WAR Of Ad: Vs The spot goes on with the Complan boy saying, Complan Boy: my health drink has 23 nutrients, how much does yours have? HORLICKS BOY: 23 nutrients and also something . COMPLAN BOY: Mine makes me 'Taller‘. HORLICKS BOY: mine makes me 'Taller, Stronger & Sharper‘. COMPLAN BOY: mine costs Rs.178. HORLICKS BOY: mine costs only Rs.124. COMPLAN BOY: Mummy, In this case we are higher right. Hearing this the mother makes a grimace kind of look & the Ad ends with a couple of people carrying a HORLICKS billboard with 3 tenets of Taller, Stronger & Sharper.
12. BRAND MANUFACT-URER TARGET BRAND EXTENSIO-N MARKET SHARE PRODUCT AVAILABI-LITY USP CLAIM GSKHC Children, women, pregnant women & elderly people Biscuit, Energy bar & Chilled Milk 50% >5lac retail outlets 23 essential nutrients "Children have become taller, stronger and sharper. The Horlicks challenge – now proven. HEINZ Growing children Biscuit & Muesli 17% >7lac retail outlets 23 essential nutrients with accurate proportion Grow faster with Complan CADBURY Children & Teenagers Bourneville Dark Chocolate 15% 4lac retail outlet Choco taste with the power of Calcium “ Real Achievers who have grown up on Bourn vita”.