Launch of Close Up Face WashPresentation Transcript
LAUNCHED AND MARKETED BY
INDIAN MEN’S FACE WASH INDUSTRY
• Today men believe that not just social acceptance
but also career success is linked to how a person
presents himself to the external world.
• Male grooming is now an Rs 2,500-crore market in
• The category clocked 21% annual growth and is
expected to touch Rs 5,270-crore in the next three
BRAND CLOSE UP
• Close-up is a brand of toothpaste which is marketed
• Close-up, has been synonymous with 'Freshness' that
gives you the confidence in social interactions and
RESEARCH ANALYSIS AND SURVEY
1. Do you use a face wash?
• From 21 men surveyed 17 men use face wash while 4
User /non -user of facewash
Which brand do you use?
Brands used by Men
Clean and Clear
What do you prefer?
Are you satisfied with your product you are
people satisfied by their proucts
Closeup is launching new face wash in
categoriesPreferred type of facewash
Will you buy any of the above
People who all are ready to buy Close up Face wash
“SECRET TO A MEN’S BEAUTY”
• With this product we aim to become one stop
solution to all men skin problems.
• Our product is positioned at reducing all youth
problems like acne, oily skin, dull skin and battling
• Close up’s mission is to come up with a price that can
satisfy the need of both types of customers with
maintaining its brand.
• Un matched quality and affordable price
• Close up mission is to capture the Indian face wash
market share by more than 18%in the next 3 years by
using its quality and pricing strategy.
• Our ultimate mission is to provide a good quality face
wash to its target customers with a fairly competitive
price than its competitors.
• Like Ponds, L'Oreal, Garnier and Lakme etc are competing at the upper
• Ayur, clean and clear, Himalaya etc are competing at the lower segment.
• Strong market research
• Many variants (After shave, Alovera, Lemon Skin
Smoothening, Oil Control)
• Strong sales and distribution network backed by HUL
• Strong brand image
• Mass appeal/Market presence all segments
• Mainly positioned as toothpaste
• Brand Recognition of Close Up as “Face Wash”
• Many Competitor
• Beauty segments compounded annual growth rate
(CAGR) is very high
• Not many men face wash products in the market.
• Higher growth opportunity by capturing Facewash
• High internal competition.
• New entrants
MARKETING MIX (4 P’s)
• Features-like fragrance, after shave, oil
control, smooth, long lasting experience, shine on
the skin etc. It will be in a cream based, and gel
• Core benefit-easy to use, feel fresh for the longer
time, improves the confidence.
• Augmented product- skin glow and shine .
• Potential product- different skin types, like for dry
skin, oily skin and for sensitive skin.
• Product Classificationo After shave + oil control Facewash (oily skin type)
o Smoothning +moisturising face wash (dry skin type)
o Aloevera +lemon facewash (sensitive skin)
• Product Differentiation Form:
a) Sachet -10 gms
b) Mini tube-50 gms
c) Tube- 100 gms
d) Bottle-200 gms
Pricing Strategy of Closeup Face wash:
• Penetration Pricing
AFTERSHAVE +OIL SMOOTHENING
All major cites and towns of india
• Drug stores
• Cosmetic shops
• Beauty saloons
• Retail stores
• Introduction of smaller packs
DISTRIBUTION CHANNEL OF HUL
ADVERTISING• With a right mix of tv ,print and online strategies will be
employed. A 60:30:10 will be given for an effective reach to
1. Social Media (Creating the Buzz)•
Ad 1st on youtube , Facebook, Twitter ,online stores, Search
2. Print- (after 1 week)
The Times of India and Bombay Times, regional newspaper
Filmfare magazine, men’s health magazine.
3. TV Campaign•
ads for 20 seconds, every 3 hrs.
Star tv, sony, zee, sab, news channels, sports channel,music
Fashion week, Reality shows, college fests
5. Sales Promotion•
Facewash sachets with closeup toothpaste to our customers
Billboards and hoardings.
Star plus, sab, zee, sony
Mtv, channel v ,zoom
Star world, AXN,
TOTAL PROMOTON BUDGET-RS.24,14,82,120
Geographic- urban, semi -urban
Demographics- age ,sex, occupation ,lifecycle,social
Behavioral- occassion, user status, attitudes
towards the product
• Men in the age group of 15-40 years Urban and Semi- urban
• College going or professionals
• Our positioning will emphasize on the triple benefits of
antiseptic After Shave, face wash and a Skin Smoothening
• Points of parity -cleansing action.
• Points of difference would be the unique antiseptic action
• FOLLOWING THE ABOVE STRATEGIES WE
HOPE TO MEET OUR TARGETS AND BE A