DISCOVER THE SOLUTION TO YOUR HAIR
HOW HAIR GROWS?
▪ The average scalp has 100,000 hairs. Each
follicle produces a single hair that grows at the
rate of half an inch per month.
▪ It's soon replaced with a new hair, and the
cycle begins again.
▪ At any given time, 85% of hair is growing, and
the remainder is resting.
HOW HAIR LOSS IS NORMAL?
▪ On an average 50-100 strands of hair are lost every
▪ You'll typically find a few in your hairbrush or on
▪ Abnormal hair loss can happen in several ways. You
may notice large clumps falling out when you
shampoo or style. Or your hair may thin slowly, over
GENERAL CAUSES OF
HAIR LOSS :
▪ Poor nutrition
▪ Crash dieting
▪ Oral contraceptives
▪ Poor circulation
▪ Mental stress
▪ Hormonal changes
PERCENTAGE OF HAIR LOSS IN MEN & WOMEN :
Hair Loss Statistics
Data in %
Per cent of men who will have noticeable hair loss by age 35
Per cent of men who will have noticeable hair loss by age 60
Per cent of men who will have noticeable hair loss by age 80
Per cent of women who will have noticeable hair loss by age 60
WHAT ARE THE SIGNS OF HAIR LOSS?
▪ The number of cases of both men and women suffering from Androgenetic alopecia
is more or less the same. However, it can be camouflaged better in women. In men,
androgenetic alopecia is characterized by gradual hair thinning that most often
affects the crown and frontal areas of the scalp.
▪ In many men, the hairline around the temples regresses. As it moves back to the
midscalp, an M-shaped hair pattern develops.
▪ The hair in the affected areas may be of various lengths and thickness. The presence
of uneven lengths and texture is a classic sign of male pattern balding.
▪ Women may have similar patterns of hair loss, although typically the hair loss is a
little more diffused than in men; women rarely experience loss of all their hair.
HAIR-LOSS PRODUCTS AND DEVICES
▪ A quick Internet search will turn up dozens of
products intended to stop hair loss or regrow hair.
▪ To evaluate a hair loss treatments, you can check
▪ A dermatologist
▪ The FDA medical devices division
▪ Check Online hair loss evaluation Test
WHAT ARE THE TREATMENT METHODS
FOR HAIR LOSS?
▪ The hair loss in men and women is permanent, if not treated. In most cases, hair loss is
mild to moderate.
▪ Some people may benefit from the following hair loss treatments :
▪ Medicine(Allopathic/homeopathic/Self Hair care Remedies)
▪ Laser Treatment
▪ Hair Transplantation
HAIR LOSS TREATMENT –
▪ Minoxidil is highly accepted as a medication that helps
to cure hair loss. It is applied to the scalp and the
▪ For Men & Women, the 2% concentration is
▪ Minoxidil may help hair grow in about 1 in 4 or 5 of the
people tested. In most cases it may slow or stop hair
▪ It is recommended to continue using this medicine for a
long time. Hair loss starts again when you stop using it.
HAIR LOSS TREATMENT - HOMEOPATHIC
Homeopathy is a safe and gentle means of effectively
treating hair loss. It has been successful on a number of
occasions. Some of the treatment methods you can
choose from include;
▪ Consult trichology expert who will offer a line of
treatment according to your symptoms
▪ Take the advice of a nutritionist regarding dietary do’s
▪ Use homeopathic shampoos that are made from
natural ingredients to help stabilize hair thinning.
SELF CARE – HAIR CARE TIPS
▪ Avoid red meats as it is a DHT that aggravates hair loss
▪ Eating sun dried Pumpkin seeds daily helps too reduce hair fall
▪ Green tea and soya help to control hair loss
▪ Black dates, Halim seeds, black raisins, fenugreek, eggs, nuts, cods are good for
treating hair loss due to anemia
▪ Control intake of cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower and lentils if you are
hypothyroid and its causing you to lose hair
▪ Cutting down of smoking also helps reduce hair fall
HAIR LOSS TREATMENT – LASER
▪ Devices that emit low-energy laser light may
stimulate hair growth, to help fight thinning hair.
▪ They're available in some clinics and as hand-held
devices to use at home.
▪ At least one device has gained FDA approval for
both men and women, based on a small study
that showed effectiveness in some of those who
▪ It took 2-4 months to see the results.
▪ The FDA does not require the same rigorous
testing for devices as for medicines.
▪ The long-term safety and effectiveness are
HAIR LOSS TREATMENT – HAIR
▪ Hair transplants remove tiny plugs of hair
from areas where hair is thicker, and place
them in areas that are balding.
▪ This can cause minor scarring where the hair
is removed and carries a slight risk for skin
infection. You will probably need multiple
▪ This can be expensive. However, the results
are often excellent and permanent.
COPING WITH SIGNIFICANT HAIR LOSS :
▪ Adjusting to permanent hair loss is challenging for both Men & Women.
▪ If thin areas are very obvious, consider a weave, a hairpiece, a scarf, or a hat
to cover bald spots.
▪ Good quality wigs are more comfortable than ever -- and you will rarely have
bad hair days.
▪ If hair loss interferes with your job or social life or makes you reluctant to
leave the house, think about talking with a counsellor.