OF 5G MOBILE
Introduction to 5G
Hardware and Software of 5G
• 5G stands for 5th generation wireless technology.
• It is a name which is used in some of the research paper and
going to become a next major phage of mobile
telecommunication beyond the current 4G standard.
• It is a concept which is only theory not real.
• It changes the way we are using wireless gadget by providing
very high bandwidth.
• It adds a no of advantages over the present 4g technology.
• The router or switch we are going to use in 5G network
would provide high connectivity with wireless device.
• It is the next major phase of mobile
telecommunication & wireless system.
• It is 10 times more faster than 4G.
• It has a expected speed of 1gbps.
• Lower cost than the previous version.
• It is expected to come around the year
Architecture for 5G Mobile Networks
Functional Architecture for 5G Mobile Networks
GPRS (General Packet Radio Service)
EDGE (Exchanged Data Rate for GSM Evolution)
3G makes it possible to do video call on mobile network.
It also provide efficient way to browse internet on mobile network.
It is an advanced version of GPRS.
It provide a data speed of 473kb/sec.
It is used to transmit data at 60kb/sec.
It also consume less battery during sending and receiving mail or to browse internet.
Wireless LAN provides short range,high speed wireless data connection between mobile
data device using radio signal.
LTE(Long Term Evolution)
LTE is a standard for mobile communication for high speed data transmission for mobile
Speed up to 100mbps.
5G mobile network layer
• OWA stands for Open Wireless Architecture.
This layer is used to define the wireless
technology to be used.
Physical Layer + Data Link Layer=OWA
• Network Layer is divided into two sublayer
1.Lower Network Layer
2.Upper Network Layer
• Network Layer is used to route the data from
source to destination
• Open Transport Layer perform the operation
of both transport layer and session layer.
• Transport Layer + Session Layer=OTL
• Application Layer is responsible for providing
good quality of service.
• Application Layer makes the data into proper
format i.e. it decrypt the data which is in
Hardware of 5G
• Uses UWB (Ultra Wide Band) networks
with higher BW at low energy levels
• BW is of 4000 Mbps, which is 400 times
faster than today’s wireless networks
• Uses smart antenna
• Uses CDMA (Code Division Multiple
Software of 5G
• 5G will be single unified standard of different
wireless networks, including LAN
technologies, LAN/WAN, WWWW- World
Wide Wireless Web, unified IP & seamless
combination of broadband
• Software defined radio, encryption, flexibility,
Features of 5G
High resolution for crazy cell phone users
Bi-directional large BW
It has a expected speed of 1gbps
Enhanced & available connectivity just about
• Uploading & Downloading speed of 5G
touching the peak (up to 1Gbps)
• Better & fast solution
Advantages of 5G
Data BW of 1Gbps or higher
Available at low cost
The high quality services of 5G technology based
on Policy to avoid error
• We are able to use the network at high altitude.
• We are able to measure the exact time of the
occurance of an event in nanoseconds.
• We are able to identify the best server according
to our use.
Applications of 5G
• Global networks
• Wearable devices with AI (Artificial Intelligence)
• Media independent handover.
• VoIP (Voice over IP) enabled devices i.e. enable to do
phone call over IP data network.
• With 6th sense technology.
• If you can able to visualize lively all planets and
• We are able to pay all our bills in a single payment
with our mobile.
• 5G technology is going to be a new revolution
in wireless systems market.
• There are some other projects, which are
undertaken ay 5G technologies. Here we want
to mention that 3G mobiles are working these
days, and 4G technologies are coming, but in
future we are ready to face 5G technologies.