3. Puerto RicoAfter the Spanish-American War in 1898, Puerto Ricocame under the control of the United States.Since 1952, the island has been a ___________________,a partly self-governing territory.
4. Puerto Rico’s 9,104 Land of square miles makes isPuerto Rico about three times the size of ___________________. ________________ provides half of the country’s electric needs. The longest river in Puerto Rico is called the ___________________.
5. Factories createEconomy of clothing, chemicals, andPuerto Rico metal products. Farmers grow sugarcane and coffee as the major crops. However, ________________ and ___________________ form the basis for Puerto Rico’s economy.
6. People of Most of Puerto Rico’sPuerto Rico ___________ million people are of _________________ ancestry. About 75% of Puerto Ricans live in towns or cities. __________________, the capital and largest city is home to 1.8 million people.
7. The Music of Puerto Rico
8. One of the world’s top _____________ producers,Cuba lies only __________ miles south of Florida.Cuba, which is slightly smaller than the state of______________________ is the largest of all of theCaribbean islands.
9. Land of There are over Cuba ________ rivers within Cuba, the largest of which being the ______________. There are also over 100 islands that are Cuban territory and the average temperature is around 80 degrees.
10. Economy of Most Cuban farmers work on Cuba __________________, which are farms that are owned and operated by the government. In addition to sugarcane, the Cubans grow coffee, tobacco, rice, and fruit.
11. People of Currently, Cuba is a Cuba __________________ country led by dictators _____________________. Cuba won its independence from ______________ in 1898. In 1959, a revolution led by Castro set up the present day government.
12. Opposed by the U.S.,More People Castro turned to the of Cuba Soviet Union for help and they did indeed help them until the fall of the Soviet Union in _______________. Since then, the Cuban economy has collapsed and many Cubans live in deep poverty. _________________ is the capital of Cuba.