Lean launchpad 03.04.2014 Info and Business Model Canvas Intro
Info + The Business Model Canvas
Why are you here?
• Looking for a business Idea?
• Out of curiosity?
• To get credits?
• Want to be an entrepreneur?
• Somebody made you come?
What we have to offer:
• Learn key tools and steps to
build a successful startup
• Intro to Customer Development
• Business Model Canvas
• Chance for a massive gain with
• Opportunity to have a life
• Support + structure
How is the camp organized?
• Runs from the 3rd of April to the
8th of May.
• 1 ”Lesson” per week (2-3hrs)
• Opportunity to showcase your
work at the end event.
What do I need to know?
• You need a team (no ifs no buts
and no coconuts).
• Your going to have to talk to
• Your probably going to have to
learn to use some new tools.
• This will take up some of your
• This is a prototype so
everything might not go exactly
to plan and some iterations
might take place during camp.
Ways of working
• 1 ”Lesson” a week
• Watching video lectures
• Lively discussions
• Presentations on what your team
did the previous week
• Material to help you get your ducks
in a line.
• ”Assignments - Get out of the
• You’ll team will design & run
experiments every week.
Objective & Rules
.! Build the Tallest Freestanding Structure: The
winning team is the one that has the tallest structure
measured from the table top surface to the top of the
marshmallow. That means the structure cannot be
suspended from a higher structure, like a chair, ceiling
. The Entire Marshmallow Must be on Top: The entire
marshmallow needs to be on the top of the structure.
Cutting or eating part of the marshmallow disqualiﬁes
. Use as Much or as Little of the Kit: The team can use
as many or as few of the 20 spaghetti sticks, as much
or as little of the string or tape. The team cannot use
the paper bag as part of their structure.
. Break up the Spaghetti, String or Tape: Teams are
free to break the spaghetti, cut up the tape and string
to create new structures.
. The Challenge Lasts 18 minutes: Teams cannot hold
on to the structure when the time runs out. Those
touching or supporting the structure at the end of the
exercise will be disqualiﬁed.
Course: HOW TO BUILD A STARTUP!
• All the videos
• Video transcripts
• Links etc etc etc
A 'startup' is a company that is confused about --!
!1.!What its product is.!
!2.!Who its customers are.!
!3.!How to make money.!
-Some dude on Quora
A startup is a temporary organization used to
search for a repeatable and scalable business
A startup is a human institution designed to
deliver a new product or service under
conditions of extreme uncertainty.!
- Eric Ries
Difference between startups
& established companies?
EP245 Lecture 1
• 1.2 History Of The Corporation
• 1.3 Startups Are Not Smaller Versions Of Large
How to develop a startup?
EP245 Lecture 1
• 1.4 Strategy
• 1.5 Process
Where, How &
Show me The
EP245 Lecture 1.5A
• 1.5 Business Model Canvas Channels
• 1.6 Business Model Canvas Customer
• 1.7 Business Model Canvas Revenue
How can I
deliver all of
this & what will
it cost me?
EP245 Lecture 1.5A
• 1.8 Business Model Canvas Key Resources
• 1.9 Business Model Canvas Key Processes
• 1.10 Business Model Canvas Key Partners
• 1.11 Business Model Canvas Costs
• Business idea sketched on a canvas
• Presentation of your Canvas (3min)
• See GoogleDrive
• Read Business Model Generation p.14-49
• Watch Lesson 1 & 1.5A lessons on Udacity with your team
• Read Startup Owners Manual p.22-84 (Google)