Successful school fundraising often relies on the work of parent volunteers, however this poses a problem in the modern era of double working parents who are incredibly time-poor and therefore less able to help organise, run, or attend traditional school fundraisers.
A potential solution is to run an online fundraiser. The online nature of the fundraiser means people can access it any-where, any-time, at their convenience.
This presentation explores:
- problems parents have with some types of fundraisers that lead them to 'opt out;'
- what is online fundraising and 'crowdfunding',
- how crowdfunding works, and the psychology that drives supporters;
- comparison of different school fundraising activities;
- additional benefits of crowdfunding in addition to raising money;
- how online fundraising can work for your school.
Village Raised (www.villageraised.com) is a new online fundraising website designed to help schools & parents to raise money more efficiently.