FULL NAME: Dr. (Mrs.) Vijay Laxmi Malhotra (ne) Kapoor
MBBS, MD, FIMSA, FISCD
DESSIGNATION: Consultant Microbiologist and Lecturer Micro. (Univ. of Delhi),
Lady Hardinge Medical College.
Presently, also working as HOD Dept of Laboratory Medicine
Kalawati Saran Children Hospital New Delhi
ADDRESS: RES. WZ – 34, Meenakshi Garden.
New Delhi – 110018
Tel: 91-11-25143800, 91-11-25137477, Mob: 91-9810768724
e-mail (s): email@example.com
(1) Dept. of Microbiology (2) Dept. of Laboratory Medicine
Lady Hardinge Medical College, Room Non 227, JICA Building,
New Delhi – 110001 KSCH New Delhi (12A.M. – 6P.M)
Tel: 91-11-23408188, Fax: 91-11-23365792 Tel: 91-11-23344160-165 (ext. no. 227)
Direct No.:- 91-11-23745076
DATE OF BIRTH 31st
Languages Know English, Hindi – Read/write /speak/
Computer Skill MS Word and Internet
Examination University/Board Subject Year
Higher Secondary Central Board of English, Chemistry, Physics, 1968
Secondary Education Biology including Botany &
Zoology, Higher Maths
Pre-Medical Delhi University Chemistry, English, Physics, 1969
M.B.B.S Delhi University Anatomy, Physiology, Pathology 1973
(including Microbiology), Forensic
Medicine, Pharmacology, Medicine,
Surgery, Gynae & Obst, ENT,
Medicine, Orthopedics, Paediatrics
M.D Delhi University Medical Microbiology 1979
F.I.S.C.D National Centre for diseases Medical Microbiology 29th
(Fellow of the Controls, New Delhi
of malaria and
(Fellow of the Indian
Medical Science Academy)
Thesis for the degree of Doctor of Medicine (Microbiology) M.D accepted by University of Delhi in 1978 “Drug resistance in
Neisseria Gonorrhoeae with particular reference to Penicillin Resistance by Penicillinase producing strains”
PROFESSIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE
Post Held From To Institution Main Activities &
Additional M.S (Acting) May, 2007 2008 Kalawati Saran Children Through Administrative &
Hospital Account officer.
Service matters of all group and
matters relating to recruitment
matters (creation, renewal and
continuation of all categories of
posts), Works relating to account
section &budget, General store,
medical store and purchase section,
Tender cell, transport, CPWD
matter, disaster management & fire
fighting, Maintenance of
cleanliness of hospital, Hospital
kitchen, laundry, central workshop,
Consultant Microbiologist & 07.02.2003 Continue Lady Harding Medical Diagnostic lab work, Research
Head of Department of College & KSCH Teaching and co ordination
Laboratory Medicine (Delhi University) between Lady Harding Medical
College and Kalawati Saran
Children Hospital. HOD of Lab
Medicine at Kalawati Saran
children Hospital Established d the
Dept. of Laboratory Medicine
which included laboratory work of
Biochemistry, Hematology and
Microbiology with 24 hrs. services.
Introduced New diagnostic tests for
better patient care and supervised
the work of Technical Staff and
Residents, regarding, calibrations
of autoanalyser, their AMCS
recording and reporting of results,
distribution of reports and
collection of clinical samples.
Maintaining stock register and
record of inventory also teaching
and supervising duty roster for
running of 24 hrs. emergency lab.
Reporting and reviewing annual
confidential reports of the
Writing standard operating
procedural Laboratory manual
Participating with other laboratory
for quality control.
Performing various lab tests like
ELISAS, Latex agglutination, Sp.
Consultant Microbiologist 27.10.1998 Continue Lady Harding Medical *Organizing CMES & Conference
College & KSCH *HOD of Labs
(Delhi University) *Administrating – appointments,
filing, copying, sorting and faxing
*Attending meetings as expert
advisers and as chairperson e.g
inspection committee, purchase
*Answering Parliament Question
regarding Hospital Infection
Controls & BioMed. Waste
*Evaluation of diagnostic kits
*Member of the expert committee
to review the recommendation for
the course approved by AICTE
regarding course duration as well
as entry qualification for diploma
programme 21 Jan 2010.
*Surprise rounds of Hospital
regarding Bio-Med, Waste
Sr. Bacteriologist Feb, 1991 27.10.1998 Lady Harding Medical *Administration – Leave Records,
College & KSCH Stores Purchase
New Delhi *Research, Teaching,
(Delhi University) Clinical Diagnostic lab work
Clinical Bacteriologist 12.10.1981 Feb, 1991 Lady Harding Medical *Making duty roster of Technical
College New Delhi Staff, Safai walas & supervising
(Delhi University) *Making Teaching Schedule
*Making list of J. Clubs & Seminar
*Incharge of AIDS Lab.
Senior Resident 02.04.1979 12.10.1981 Maulana Azad Medical *Diagnostic lab work
College, New Delhi *Teaching undergraduate students
*Diagnostic lab work
Junior Resident 15.06.1977 31.03.1979 Maulana Azad Medical *Doing Thesis work (research)as a
College, New Delhi pre-requiste for passing M.D exam.
(Delhi University) *Writing &presenting paper
*Assist senior faculty
*Diagnostic lab work
Demonstrator in Medical 21.07.1975 15.06.1977 Maulana Azad Medical *Reading & reporting of bacterial
Microbiology College, New Delhi culture plates
(Delhi University) *Taking tutorials for undergraduate
*Attending meeting, seminar,
*Taking Journal Clubs.
*Assist Sr. Doctors.
Volunteer Activities *Taking part in Health Melas
*Organizing Health Camps
AWARDS A) Fellowship Award under TCTP Colombo Plan for AIDS/Microbiology
Screening 1992 in U.K.( New castle upon tyne) Jan to March (three months)1992
B) GB Malik Award in Allergy Immunology Research 1992.
C) Smt. SUSHILA RANI and Sh. MADHU SUDAN research in
D) Burrows welcome antiviral proster maize quiz award in
E) Commendation award by Indian Association of blood banks 20th
F) Scholarship award to attend XI inter national conference on AIDS
in Vancouver Canada 1996.
G) Selected Honorary memb., of teaching faculty for the Post
Doctorate Diplomat of Indian College of Pathology in Reproductive
Union World Conference on Lung Health held in Berlin , Germany
from 11 to 15 November 2010AWARD in the form of free registration
TEACHING WORK EXPERIENCE
- Teaching of Medical Microbiology to undergraduate Medical Students in the form of Lectures,
Tutorials and i Practical (6hrs. per week) for 27 year (1975 – 2002) in MAMC & LHMC, medical
schools of Delhi University. Which working as Demonstrator, Jr. Resident, Sr. Resident, Specialist
- Teaching of Post graduate students (M.D) in medical microbiology taking their theory practical
classes 6hrs/month and specially by taking journal clubs and seminars and through morning
diagnostic laboratory bench work.
- Conducting supervisory work while guiding following Thesis work for M.D Students of
Microbiology (under Delhi University) as a GUIDE (Principal investigator ) and other subjects
relating to Microbiology like Paediatrics, Medicine, Gynae, Dermatology, as a Co-guide (Co-
investigator) as given below.
- Invigilation duties for various exams (undergraduate & postgraduate)
- Confidential officer for M.D. exam (post graduation) university exams
- Superintendent MBBS, M.D University Exams.
- Examiner for MBBS, superintendent for M.D Exams, MLT & Nurses (General Nursing and
Midwifery(Med Lab Technology))
- Presenting and publishing scientific papers in various national and international conference and in
journals in India and abroad. (U.K, France, Canada, U.S, Singapore)
- Working as co-investigator in PC thesis “sero-epidemiology of acute lower respiratory tract
infectious among hospitalized children in tertiary care hospital.
Managerial Experience -
RESEARCH EXPERIENCE No. of MD Thesis guided as Supervisors and Co-supervisor – 12 Ph. D Thesis - 2
Immuno diagnostics production of Antis era enzyme immuno assays
preparation of latex and co-agglutination reagents, Immuno globulin
Epidemiological surveillance-bacterial and serological typing of
community based and nosocomial infections.
Animal studies – experience with laboratory mice guinea pigs and
Molecular studies – polymerase chain reaction in Chlamydia
- Raising of Anti-sera for Meningocccal Meningitis in animals.
- Doing animal pathogenicity tests
- Performing Polymerase chain reaction for Chlamydia trachomatis.
- Immunoglobulin estimation by double diffusion ouchterlony method.
- Standardizing Latex agglutination reagent for pneumococcus.
- Performed drug resistant assays (invitro) for Neisseria gonorrhoeae.
TRAINING EXPERIENCE Experience in organizing and conducting Workshops on advanced
diagnostic techniques production of standard biological reagents for
clinical laboratories etc. training of Medical and Para-Medical
personnel including Medical Undergraduate students, Doctors and
Conducted and organized Workshop on AIDS – 1992
Conducted and organized conference on Hospital Infection – 1998.
INCHARGE OF Investigator in ICRM project on “Role of Gradenerella Virginals in
RESEARCH PROJECTS lower genital tract of women in reproductive age groups” from 1984-1986.
Co-investigator in Welcome Trust Project “Fine Needle Aspiration
Cytology for the investigation of Iymphadenopathy in Indian patients
who are at a high risk of HIVA infections”.
Guide for ICMR projects on Biological Characterizations of serum
opacity factor or Gr. A strepto ICMR project of “Nasopharyngeal
carriage of meningococci in Meningococcal meningitis” in 1985.
WHO Research project on “Collaborative Study on Surveillance of
Neisseria Meningitides Strain circulating in the world from 01.06.1989
to 31.12. in charge of NACO project on Serosurveillance of HIV
infection and Zonal Blood testing center since July 1992 – continuing.
Guide for ICMR project on Biological Characterization of Serum
opacity factor of Gr a Streptococci 1994.
RESEARCH Pheumococci, Streptococci, AIDS and STDS with special reference to
SPECIALISATION Chlamydial Infections Molecular Studies like PCR on Chlamydia
MEMBERSHIP Life member of Indian Society for Malaria and other SOCIETIES Co-
Life member of Indian Association Medical Microbiologists
membership No. LM / 419
Life member of Liverpool Tropical School Association Liverpool U.K.
membership No. 576.
Life member of Indian Association of blood banks No. 48
Life member of Indian Association of Immunology.
Life member of Indian Society for Liver Diseases.
Member of the International Society for Infectious disease 2001, Membership No.
Elected Executive Member of Indian Immunology Society.2009-2010
Appointed as Head Examiner by Board for Practical examination by board of Technical Education,
Delhi for DMLT student December 2008
Appointed as external examiner for MLT by board of Techn. Education Govt. of Delhi on 10/04/2007
Appointed external examiner for microbiology MLT in Jamia Handard University on 04/05/2007.
Examiner for BPT (bachelor of physio therapy) and BOT (bachelor of Occupational therapy) for student
of Gurugobind singh indraprastha university New Delhi
Expert in UPSC for the selection of specialists in the Microbiology. In-charge of the AIDS surveillance
center in Microbiology Deptt LHMC.
Referee in the panel of J. of communicable diseases Recognized as Lecturer by University of Delhi in
the subject of Microbiology 29th
REPRESENTATION ON EXPERT BODIES / COMMITTEES
Invited as Technical Expert in Pilot Project in Rabies in NICD on 18th
Technical Expert for IDSP in Nirman Bhawan on 05/08/2008.
Appointed Nodal officer for hospital infections committee KSCH.
Nominated as a member of joint inspection team to carry out inspection of Binocular Microscopes for
the Revised National TB Control Progarmme 2002
RESEARCH PAPER ACCEPTED
1. Abstract No 249, entitled serosurviellance of HIV infection and it’s correlation with other sexually
transmitted diseases in India. MALHOTRA V.L., SHRAMA A, PILLAI P.K. and SEHGAL V.N. in
IXTH. International conference on aids and fourth standard world congress Berlin June 7-11, 1993.
2. Abstract No 302/675 entitled “Sulphadiazine resistant group a neisseria meningitides isolated from
patients of meningococcal infection the 18th
. International conference of chemotherapy at Sweden held
from June 27 to July 2, 1993.
3. Abstract No 302/1186 entitled autotypes and antibacterial resistance of gonococci from cases of acute
gonorrhea in 18th
. ICC at Sweden from 27th
June to 2nd
4. Abstract No P/35 entitled “comparison of IHA at ELISA for rapid diagnosis of hepatic amoebiasis at
XV national congress of Indian Association of Medical Microbiologist at Aurangabad 23rd
5. Abstract No 13/13 entitled characterization of coagulase negative staphylococci isolated from neonates
in the same conference.
6. Absract No B/25 “Role of bacteriological examination of gastric aspirate in diagnosis of lower
respiratory tract infection in 12th
. Congress of Indian Association of Medical Microbiologist 1989.
7. Abstract IM/16 “A study of immunological profile of Giardiasis children 1990 XII congress of IAMM.
8. Abstract entitled “Cyto morphological detection of chlamydial endocarvicitis in sexually active females”
in the 9th
world congress of cervical pathology and calposcopy accepted in Australia in 1997.
9. P244 entitled “Streptococus pneumoniae serotypes causing eye infections” in 17th
International Symposium on streptococci & streptococcal diseases held in Porto Heli, Greece from 22-
26 June 2008.
RESEARCH INTERNATIONAL PAPER PRESENTED.
10. “Biological characterization of coagulace negative staphylococci isolated from meonates” XVI annual
conference of Indian association of medical microbiology held at AIIMS at 13th
11. “Seroprevalance of HIV infection in high risk groups” in second inters national congress aids in Asia
and the Pacific held from 8to 12 Nov. 1992.
12. XVII national congress of IMMA at Calcutta 8-12 Dec 1993 “bacterial meningitis and hearing loss of
13. “Incidence of Toxo-plasma Godni, Rubella, CytomeGlao virus and syphilis in cases of spontaneous
abortion Delhi chapter meeting of IAMM in 1993.
14. Brain stem evoked potentially in children with hearing loss in children in 8th
Indian congress of
15. Paper published in scientific conference UCMS and GIB in 2nd
AIMLT Delhi Chapter 24th
entitled “total quality management (TQM) and ISO (standards in clinical laboratories : an overview).
16. Prevalence of anti HSV-1 specific IgM antibodies in children in a tertiary care hospital in Delhi in 33rd
Indian Immunology society conference organized by Department of Biochemistry, AIIMS, FRO 28-30th
17. “Clinical utility of ELISA test in sero-diagnosis of extra pulmonary tuberculosis using 38kDa,
Mycobacterial antigen” paper presented in conference epidays 2009 on 6th
May organized by NICD,
RESEARCH PAPER PRESENTED
1. Third international conference of Pakistan association of pathologists on “current status of
Meningococal meningitis in Asia” 1991.
2. Sero prevalence of HIV infection in high risk groups “by second 1992 international conference on aids
in Asia and pacific held from 8-12.
3. “Role of chlahydiratrepohatis in PID” read at international congress IUVDT/STD/AIDS at Singapore
22nd March 1995.
4. Sero prevalence of toxo plasma gondii in HIV sero professionals blood donors in New Delhi in 11th
international conference on AIDS in van couver Canada (in) 1996
5. β-2 macroglobulin levels in HIV sereo positive blood F-donors I XVI international conference of
clinical chemistry in Wembel UK 12th
6. “Frequency of prevalent serotypes of group β-streptococci with special references of new serotypes” in
XII LAN’s field international symposium of streptococci and streptococcal diseases Sept. 16-20 1996 in
Paris France (in)
7. Cyto-morphological detection’s of chlamydial Endo cervictesin sexually active females” in IX world
conference of cervical pathological and calposcopy in Sydney Australia 12-16 May 1996.
1. INVITED guest speaker on “an over view on HIV/AIDS in public seminar on “issues related to aids”
2. (Delhi scenario) by NAZ project (India) trust.
3. Guest speaker in 5th
Biennial conference of Indian association of blood on AIDS and Blood banking
4. Panelist in conference on resistance in common pathogens organized by dept. of microbiology on 18th
5. Guest lecture in 9th
national conference of IMA College of general practitioners Aug. 91 on newer
6. Panelist in discussion on management of bacterial enteric infections organized by Hoechst.
7. Guest speaker at IMA academy of medical specialists on diagnosis of bacterial enteritis and drug
sensitivity of various enteric bacteria 3rd
8. Guest speaker on “recent trends in aids in India on 6th
Feb. 1992 in ODA meeting at Black Pool
9. Chair the session – II in National Symposium on Emerging trends in biomedical sciences on 27TH
2009, organized by Sardar Bhagwan Singh Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences and Research
Balawala, Dehradun, Uttarakhand
10. Oral presentation of paper entitled “Increasing prevalence of cytomegalo virus in pediatric patients in a
tertiary care hospital in Delhi” at Sardar Bhagwan Singh Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences
and Research Balawala, Dehradun, Uttarakhand.
11. Invited speaker at HIV sensitization programme on 5th
march 2009, KSCH as part of training of Doctors
– HIV-AIDS: diagnosis (including pediatric HIV infection), Waste Management.
12. Invited speaker at Tropacon 2008, second national conference of academy of tropical parasitology 30th
Oct to 2nd
Nov 2008 “Rapid versus conventional gold standard tests in the laboratory diagnosis of
CHAIRPERSON IN VARIOUS COMMITTEES
1. As Chairperson in the auction committee for the finalization of the rates of the condemned items,
condemned by the condemnation committee, KSCH New Delhi.
2. Invited as chairperson for CME on ESBL – Clinical Relevance and therapeutic options organized by
aristopharamceuticals pvt. Ltd. in KSCH on 23/04/2007
LIST OF PUBLICATIONS
1. Natrajan R. Singh R., Aggrwal D.S. 1981 “Screening Neisseria Gonorrhea for
pencillnase production” IND.J.DERM and
2. Malhotra V.L., Natrajan R. 1982 “Antimicrobial susceptibility Screening of
Neisseria Gonorrhea IND.J.MED.RES.75.643-
3. Malhotra V.L.,Praksh K, Sharma B. 1982 “Distribution of various serotype streptococcus
pneumonia in clinical samples 1,75-79
4. Deb. M., Prakash K. Kaur T.P., 1986 “Evaluation of various rapid techniques for
Malhotra V.L. Verma V.A. identification of gardnerella vaginallis.
5. Deb. M., Prakash K. Kaur T.P., 1987 “Incidence and significance of Gardnerella
Malhotra V.L. Verma V.A. Vaginallils IND.J.MED MICRO PPL 179-184
6. Malhotra V.L., Lakshmy A. 1987 “An out break of Mdningococcal Meningitis in
Delhi. IND.J.MED. RES 5,245-250
7. . Malhotra V.L., Lakshmy A, Prakash K 1989 “Increased prevalence of Hymenolepis Nana
infection in children. IND.J. OF PRASIT. 3,1,
8. Malhotra V.L., Bhardwaj Y. Lakshmy A 1991 “Comparision of Enxyme linked Immunosorbe-
Kapoor H. nt assay and Indirect Haemaglunation test in
serological diagnoses of Tokoplasmosis”
J.COMM DIS 232(2) 154-156
9. . Malhotra V.L., Lakshmy A, Prakash K 1991 “Hospital acquired meningococcal meningitis in
10. Prakash K, Malhotra V.L., Lakshmy A 1991 “Current status of meningococcal meningitis in
Asia published in Medical Herald Vol. 8 Non.
22, P 8 1991
11. Malhotra V.L. 1992 “Professional blood donors a high risk source of
AIDS” ODA NEWS REVIEW No.20 Vol.3
12. Malhotra V.L. 1993 “AIDS and the general Practitioner” IMA
NEWS BULLETION Vol IV No 3.
13. Prakash K, Malhotra V.L 1993 “Serotyping and Sub typing of
BIOMEDICAL SCIENCE 50-55
14. Tandon R., Debm, Prakash K, Pillai 1994 “Disseminated Crytococcis with
P.K. Malhotra V.L meningococcemia A rere manifestation in
Pregnancy” IND.J.MED.MICRO 12(3) 193-196
15. Mondal T, Kumar KJ, and Malhotra VL. 1995 “HIV serosurveillance-report form a medial college in
Delhi. Indian Pediatrics 32(5):605-6, 1995 May
16. Damodaran A. Anejas., Malhotra V.L. 1996 “Senosorineural hearing loss following acute
bacterial meningitis – A prospective evaluation”
IND PEDIATRICS 33, 763-765.
17. Malhotra V.L., Lakshmy A. 1996 “HTVAL – 1 in HIV seropositive Indian blood
donors” J. COMM. DIS. 28(4) 270-272
18. Jain N., Koranne R. V., Malhotra V.L. 1996 “Clinico microbiological study of vaginal
discharge in STD patients.
IND.J.SEX.TRANSM.DIS 17, 4-7
19. Lakshmy A, Malhotra V.L. 1997 “Serotype distribution of clinical isolates of
streptococcus pneumonia from Delhi Hospital
in proceedings of the XIII th. Lance field
international symposium on streptococci and
streptococcal diseases Sept. 16-20 1996 Paris
France in Streptococcus and the Host (EDS) T.
HORAND, A. BOUVET PLENUM
PUBLISHING CORPORATIO NEW YORK.
CITED from Adv Exp. Med Biol 1997-418:273-4
20. Bansal D, Patwari A.K. 1998 “Helicobacter Pylori Infection in Recurrent
Malhotra V.L. Abdominal pain Indian Pediatrics Vol. 35, 1998
21. Anuradha Chowdhary., Lakshmy A. 1998 “Screening for Chlamydia infections in women
Malhotra V.L., Monorame Deb. Uma Rai with Pelvic inflammatory diseases”
J.COUMMN.DIS 30(3) 163-166
22. Malhotra VL, Agarwal N, Das BC, 1999 “Screening for chlamydial infections in women
Koranne RV, and Lakshmy A with pelvic inflammatory disease”. The journal of
communicable diseases 31(1):5-7, 1999 Mar
23. Bansal D, Patwari AK, Logani KB, 1999 “Study of diagnostic modalities and pathology
Malhotra VL, and Anand VK of Helicobacter pylori infection in children”. Indian journal
of pathology & microbiology 42(3):311-5, 1999 July
24. Gopalkrishna V, Aggarwal N, Malhotra 2000 “Study of diagnostic modalities and pathology
VL, Koranne RV, Mohan VP, Mittal A, of Helicobacter pylori infection in children”
and Das BC Microbiology and infectious diseases, 6(2):88,2000Feb.
25. Kapoor L, Chowdhary A, Malhotra VL, 2001 “Giardiasis – clinical and diagnostic perspect-
and Bhatt V ive. The journal of communicable diseases 33(2):72-7,
26. Malhotra VL, and Khandpur N 2004 “Significance of knowing baseline widal test
Titres in pediatric population in Delhi
The journal of communicable diseases, 36(1)70-1, 2004
27. Malhotra VL, Sharma SK, Lakshmy A, 2005 “Case of Waterhouse Friderichsen Syndrome
Mehta G, Dutta R, and Khandpur N during outbreak of meningococcal disease in Delhi in
May”. The journal of communicable diseases, 37(2):159-
61, 2005 Jun
28. Kochhar A, Saxena S, Malhotra VL 2007 “Isospora belli infection in a malnourished child
and Deb M .J. Comn. Dis. 39(2):141-3, 2007 Jun
29. Rajni E, Rawat U, Malhotra VL, and 2008 “Occurrence and detection of AmpC beta lacta-
Mehta G mases among clinical isolates of E.coli and K. The journal
of communicable diseases, 40(1):21-5, 2008 Mar
30. V.L.Malhotra, N. Khandpur, A. Dass and 2008 “Prevalence of Extende Spectrum beta-lactamas
Geeta Mehta es producing isolates from patients of urinary tract infection
in a tertiary care hospital in Delhi, J. Comm.
31. Malhotra V.L., Khandpur Neelam, 2009 “Role of C reactive protein as a rapid screening test for the
Lakshmy A, Nagarkar Meenakshi judicious use of antibiotics in neonatal sepsis”.
J.Commun.Dis. 41(4) 2009 : 275-277
BOOKS & CHAPTER IN BOOKS AURTHORED
1. Streptococci and the Host by Thea Horaud in “Proceedings of the XIIIth Lancefield International
symposium on Streptococci and Streptococcal Diseases, held Sept 16-20 1996 in Paris France” in
advances in experimental Medicine and Biology Vol. 418 in 1997 published by Springer, cited
“Serotype distribution of clinical isolates of streptococcus pneumoniae from a Delhi Hospital”.
2. “Specimen Collection in Clinical Microbiology” published by Paragon International Publishers in
3. “Medical Microbiology for Nurses” published by Kumar Dhawan Publications a unit of Piyush
Book Publications in 2009.
HIV, AIDS Experience
1. Abstract entitled “Anti-Retroviral effect of Indian Herbal Medicine ARV against HIV in AIDS patients
accepted at Chennai IAMM – 2002.
1. Attended workshop on “effective role of VCTC in control of HIV/AIDS in collaboration with UNAIDS, at
India international centre organized by Delhi State AIDS control organization on 29th
As Lab In-charge ZBTC
2. Participated in WHO SEARO sponsored External quality assessment scheme (EQAS) for anti HIV testing as
a centre in South East Asian Region June 2002, organized by quality assurance of HIV testing section, NIH,
3. Workshop on Clinical Immunology – Hands on workshop entitled “Flow cytometry in Clinical Laboratory”
Nov 2007, by laboratory services, indraprastha apallo hospital New Delhi
1. Invited and delivered lecture on Epidemiology and Virology of HIV and Lab diagnosis of HIV infectious and
testing guidelines, organized by Medical Director Northern Railway, Central Hospital as part of Training
program on HIV/AIDS for residents 18th
Sept 2002 in New Delhi
2. Under National Aids Control organization India, Invited to chair symposium on HIV / AIDS organized by
Delhi Medical Care 14/05/2002.
3. Invited and delivered lecture on HIV testing guidelines and laboratory diagnosis for doctors, nurses and
technicians as part of training program in HIV / AIDS in Hindu Rao Hospital by NACO, India.
4. Invited and delivered lecture on “Universal precautions and waste management 28th
June 2007 for advanced
training of trainers for Paediatric HIV and AIDS” under United Nations International Children’s (UNICEF) and
Baylor International Paediatric AIDS initiate (BIPAI) at LHMC, New Delhi.
5. CME on Pediatric HIV/AIDS at Pediatric ART centre Kalawati Saran Children Hospital 30th
6. Attended 1st
National Conference of AIDS society of India April 2-4, 2005, Hotel Ashoka and Poster
presentation of Paper “analysis of the study involving various teaching methods used for educating urban slum
dwellers in East Delhi regarding transmission and control of HIV infection / AIDS” organized by NACO
7. CME on detection and Characterization of ESBLs, metallo beta lactamases and AmpC enzymes n Gram
negative bacilli” held at department of Microbiology, Ballabhbhai patel chest institute, university of Delhi,
Delhi on April 21, 2007 as part of Delhi Chapter Indian Association of Medical Microbiologists
8. Delivered lecture on diagnosis of HIV infection including VCTC and HIV testing and NACO Policy on
testing as part of a training program for nurses and technician on 13/07/07 in LHMC.
D. Hospital Infection and Biomedical Waste Management
1. Delivered lecture on prevention of hospital cross infection role of administration in waste management at
Jaipur Medical College 16-17th
April 2005, organized by Rajsthan State AIDS control organization, part of
2. Delivered a lecture on “diagnosis of HIV infection strategies and guidelines at national institute of Biological,
Government of India, Noida on 27th
Feb, 2007 during hands on training course for UPSACS, VCTC.
3. Presented poster “prevalence of HIV among the low and high risk population in Delhi in conference on
HIV/AIDS at AIIMS on 13-15th
4. Nominated by central pollution control board and delivered lecture on Bio-Medical Waste Management at
Vivekanand polyclinic of Ramakrishna Mission Sevashram, Vivekanand Puram Lucknow as part of WHO
funded project, on 20th
5. Given training in BioMed. Waste Management and Handling 24.04.2002 organized secretary environment
Delhi secretariat, I.P. estate New Delhi 20.4.2002.
Conference / Workshop / CME / Talks organized
1. Organized workshop for Senior Doctor 4th
, August 1993 in Department of Microbiology LHMC.
2. A talks on “trace elements in health and disease” by Dr. Mohd. Abdulla and Dr. Ingela Erlandsson form
Sweden on 8th
Dec 2006, at lecture hall KSCH.
3. Organized CME on Update in Lab Med 2nd
4. “Use of internet services for Biomedical informatics in a tertiary care hospitals for resident doctors on
Feb, 2008 at S.J. auditorium, LHMC, New Delhi.
1. CME on Pediatric infections diseases microbiological and clinical perspective 25-26th
August 2007 at
CNBC, Govt. of NCT, New Delhi.
2. CME on DOTS. The best strategy to cure TB held at LHMC on 13.07.2005.
3. CME on tuberculosis - what is new” organized by department of Pathology base hospital Delhi on
1. For attending meeting with additional commissioner of Health as Nodal Officer Incharge of the sentinel
surveillance to implement hospital for use of dengue testing by indigenously prepared IgM µ capture
ELISA kit, and measures being taken for preparedness of Hospital to mange DF/DHF/DSS cases on
2. For participating in training programme on dengue / chikungunya diagnosis organized by municipal
corporation of Delhi at Dept. of microbiology, AIIMS New Delhi on 29th
May to 1st
3. For attending international conference on opportunistic pathogens in AIDS, AIIMS 27-29th
4. Symposia on “ Nanotechnology in medicine” on 13th
Jan 2007 at AIIMS organized by Young Scientists
5. For workshop on Practical approach to sexually transmitted infections for obstetricians and
gynaecologists from 9-10th
Feb, 2007 New Delhi organized by RCSHA at Lady Harding Medical
College New Delhi.
1. Certificate given for successfully completing training course in Biomedical informatics” organized by
national informatics centre under ministry of communication and information technology, Govt. of India
from 15-17 Jan, 2008.
2. Training on Dried Blood spot collection handling storage and transport for infant and diagnosis of HIV
by DNA –PCR testing organized by national AIDS Control organization under ministry of health and
family welfare Govt. of India on 17/05/2007.
3. Workshop training program on “anti retroviral treatment in HIV/AIDS organized by NACO from
6/11/2006 to 08/11/2006.
Conference / Symposia
1. Scientific symposium on “ identifying resistance Monday 3/7/2006 at Hotel Imperial organized by
SGRH, New Delhi
2. Conference on Hospital Infection control – conclave of infection prevention leaders at Hotel Oberoi 3rd
3. IBCON – PEDG ASTRO 2006: Indo British Conference on Pediatric Gastroenterology from 26-28th
Oct, 2006, organized at Indian Habitat Centre New Delhi.
4. Attended symposium on Enteric fever and other enteric infection organized by Vardhman Medical
College on 24/03/2007
1. Participated and chaired session in International workshop on Environmental Toxicology and waste
management with special reference to Hospitals of North India on Dec, 2-4th
, 2006 held at New Delhi
organized by National Environmental Science Academy.
2. Chaired session – II in “National symposium on emerging trends in biomedical sciences” held from 27-
Feb, 2009 at Balawal, Dehradun, Uttarakhand organized by Sardar Bhagwan singh post graduate
institute of Biomedical sciences and research.
1. “Clinical utility of ELISA test in sero-diagnosis of extra-pulmonary Tuberculosis using 38kDa
Mycobacterial antigen” paper presented in conference. Epidays 2009 on 6th
May organized by NICD,
2. Prevelance of anti HSV-1 specific IgM antibodies in children in a tertiary care hospital in Delhi in 33rd
Indian Immunology Society Conference organized by Dept. of Biochemistry AIIMS, from 28-31st