• History of Indian spices
• Indian spices are known for its flavours
• India is known as ‘Home of Spices’
• The Spices Board, India is the apex body for
the export promotion of Indian spices
• Middle East is the major importer of spices
SPICES IN FIVE CATEGORIES
• Major spices:-black
pepper, cardamoms, chillies, ginger and turmeric
• Seed spices:-coriander, celery, fennel
• Tree spices:- clove, nutmeg, kokum
• Herbal spices:- thyme, marjoram
• Misc spices:- garlic, saffron, pepper long
• Gulf Countries are highly populated
• Display a huge demand for Indian spices
• The research has been undertaken to study the
• It explores all the possible channels that are
present and the channels that could be replaced
and prove more successful for efficient Trade
Secondary Data also
• Books, journals, magazine
s and internet used as a
• Government intervence in economy.
• Tax policy, labor law, environment
law, political stability.
• Merits and demerits of goods and services.
• Great influence on education ,health and
infrastructure of nation.
• Economic growth ,interest rates, exchange
• Effects of cost of export and import on gods.
• How business operates and makes decision?
• Cultural aspects and health consciousness.
• Population growth rate.
• Age distribution.
• Carriers attitude and emphasis on safety.
• Consumer law
• Antitrust law
• Employment law
• Healthy and safety law
• Political instability in some parts of the region.
• War in Iraq and other middle east countries.
• Potential impacts of climate onto production
• Economical and financial crisis.
• Increase cost of logistics and Insurance.
• Pest management
• Assuring quality of spices
• Training for quality
• Participating in international meetings
DO’S IN THE MARKET
• Adoption of hi-tech and
• Setting up/Upgradation
of Quality Control Labs
• Printing promotional
DONT’S IN THE MARKET
• Trade Disputes
• Insufficiency of Legal Provisions
• Poor Product Quality
• Attraction for Indian spices
• The Indian Government has been taking a lot
of efforts to boost up trade between India and
• Overall India enjoys a fair trade relationship
with all the Gulf Countries