Homosexual presentation sample viet dung hanoi university
Why people become homosexual?
May it be changed?
-The symbol of sexuality.
Do you know anyone who is Lesbian or Gay?
- The trend of homosexuality.
(source: CBS poll) http://www.towleroad.com/2010/06/cbs-poll-77-percent-of-americans-know-someone-gay-or-lesbian.html
- The statistic of homosexuality in some countries over the world.
Chart source: Homosexuals by country", World Values Survey. Retrieved fromhttp://www.NationMaster.com/red/graph/lif_und_nei_hom-lifestyle-undesirable-neighbours-homosexuals&b_map=t1
-The social attitude to Gay and Lesbian.
In perspective of religion
I. Why people become homosexual?
1. Biological and innate factors
- Not a new discovery.
- Born that way with body function of opposite-sex and having no choice.
1.1 Gender Identity Disorder (GID)
Vocab: embryos – Phôi thai
Androgen: hoocmon Andogen
Study of embryology
Early embryos all start out as female. At some point in early gestation, if the chromosomes destine the fetus to
be male, the embryo is altered by the genetically programmed addition of certain hormones, called androgens.
These androgens, especially testosterone, instruct the embryo to develop male characteristics. In their
absence, the embryo continues to develop into a female.
An "XX" pair of chromosomes will yield a female.
an "XY" pair will result in a male.
- If the baby carries "XY" chromosomes and is destined to become a male, testosterone needs to activate the
newly forming hypothalamus.
- If a mother is stressed during the early stages of pregnancy, she will release an adrenaline related hormone
into her shared bloodstream with her unborn baby. This hormone, called Androstendione, is structurally similar
to testosterone, the male hormone.
Release androstendione (
same to testosteronehormone )
1.3 Twin studies
Clip 3 phan
- Drs. Michael Bailey and Richard Pillard studied identical and fraternal twins. (Bailey and Pillard, pp. 1089–96) They
identified homosexual males who had identical twin brothers and found that 52% of the brothers were also
homosexual. Among fraternal twins, they found the ratio to be 22%.
They concluded that since identical twins had a higher incidence of mutual homosexuality than fraternal
twins, there must be a genetic component in the development of homosexuality.
- However, if genetics caused the homosexuality, the correlation between the identical twins (who have exactly the
same genes) should have been much higher—even 100%.
Since all the twins in this study were raised together, it is impossible to determine whether genetics or
the same family environment contributed to the brothers’ homosexuality. If the genes are identical and the brothers
are raised in the same family environment, a correlation of only 52% in identical twins shows that other factors are
1.4 Chromosome studies
• In 1993, Dr. Dean Hamer announced that he had found a correlation between DNA markers on the X
chromosome (region Xq28) and sexual orientation in a selected group of homosexual men and their relatives
over age eighteen.
In other words, "it appears that Xq28 contains a gene that contributes to homosexual orientation in males.“
“ Xq28 plays some role in about 5 to 30 percent of gay men. The broad range of these
estimates is proof that much more work remains to be done.”
Yet, a later study by the University of Western Ontario "found no consistent pattern of DNA similarity on
the X chromosome."
Gender identity disorder (GID)
- What is GID?
- 75% people being gender identity disorder are homosexuals when come to be adolescents.
Studies indicate that ’’ genetic influences plays an partially stimulating role in gays and lesbians’ behaviour’’
They believe that homosexuals can be changeable and improved through their life. There is the
fact that, regardless of any biological thread, thousands of people who experience same-sex
attractions have made changes in their lives for the better.
2. Strange sexual experiences, particularly in early childhood.
2.1 Precocious and excessive masturbation.
2.2 Defeat in love again and again
2.3 Sexual abuse.
Vocab: - Precocious: having developed particular abilities at a younger age than usual
- Masturbation: give yourself sexual pleasure by rubbing your sexual organs
3.1 Social acceptance and toleration in homosexual activities.
By 2012, 11 countries have approved gay or lesbian marriage and 21 other states accept it in the form of civil
3.2 Many mass demonstration for marriage equality.
Correlation with habitat: the urbanization is higher and higher, the homosexuality rate is more and
3. 4 Influence from job.