The KaipullaKattathurai quiz Avec plaisir, Kartik Shankar.
• Kartikshankar BE II year mechanical, Psg tech.• Big fan of Beatles, Dream Theater, Kamal Haasan, Manchester United, Rahul Dravid and T. Rajendar, Powerstarof course.• A member of Why so serious, Mokka computer and an active member of PodaMokkaNaaye, and Rubber (fail music band).
1) This is supposedly the first meeting of X and Y. This was taken in 1956. And the rest is History. Give me X and Y.
Che Guevara and Fidel Castro• Fidel Castro (left) and Ché Guevara in their first meeting in Miguel Schultz prison, Mexico 1956.
2)• Caroll Ann Susi, is an American actress who has appeared in small roles in several Hollywood Films. She is famous for her role as Mrs. Maccabee in the Adam Sandler movie Just Go with it.• A large number of people around the globe seldom knew her face but were huge fans for her ‘sweet voice’. Recently, a photo of hers was posted in Facebook and went viral as it had more than 2 million shares. Give me Fundas (picture on the next slide)
She is the woman who voicedHoward’s mother in TBBT.
3)• A X is a non-alcoholic mixed drink made with two parts Ginger ale, one part orange juice, and a splash of grenadine, garnished with a maraschino cherry.• The cocktail may have been invented by a bartender at Chasens, a restaurant in Beverly Hills, California, in the 1930s to serve to actress X, who had requested a cocktail as she was not supposed to drink alcohol.
6)• The ______ was forged by all the swords of all the hundreds of lords who surrendered to the conqueror and offered him fealty were melted down to form a X of imposing size and appearance.• It is reportedly uncomfortable to use ______ due to the sharp protrusions, occasionally cutting the incumbent.• What am I talking about?
7)• Arjuna, was talking about something with his wife Subhadra.Arjuna explains each story to Subhadra in detail, about things like Makara, Kurma, Sarpa.• However, when Arjuna was talking about X, Subhadra dozed off halfway through the story.• Subhadra felt that it was her greatest mistake after sometime. Why?
• After explaining all the vyuhas, he explains about the technique of cracking Chakravyuha. Arjuna explains to her how to enter the Chakryavyuha. When he was about to explain how to exit from the Chakravyuha, he realises that Subhadra is asleep and stops expounding on the Chakravyuha further. As a result, Abhimanyu could not hear the whole story about how to exit and hence the proof.
8)• Spider Murphy (tenor sax),• Little Joe (slide trombone),• Illinois boy (drums),• The Purple Gang (rhythm).• This band made its claim to fame when they performed in the country Jail where they rocked everybody. Which band am I talking about? Give me a two word answer.
Jailhouse RockSpider Murphy played thetenor saxophoneLittle Joe was blowin onthe slide tromboneThe drummer boy fromIllinois wentcrash, boom, bangThe whole rhythm sectionwas a purple gang
9) Whose career stats are given below? 2001-2005 Newcastle United 93(48) 2005-2006 Real Madrid 32(87) 2006 -Tottenham Hotspur 213(156)National team 2005– Mexico 89(153)
10)• In 1865, _________ was heavily wounded in the Battle of Columbus, and became addicted to morphine. Searching for a cure for this addiction, he began experimenting with several pharmaceuticals.• With public concern about drug addiction, depression and alcoholism, he decided to make profit by medicinal concoction was specially made for “Ladies, and all those whose sedentary employment causes nervous prostration”.• This gave rise to which alliterative term?
11) • Homage to________, also published as But Do Blondes Prefer Gentlemen?, is a collection of essays by Anthony Burgess published in 1986. • The title is a reference to the urban legend of an Hungarian man , who supposedly invented the modern English keyboard.
QwertYuiop • ‘qwertyuiop are the ten letters that make up the top row of letters on a standard QWERTY keyboard.
12)• Id the song and give me its football connection.
• Near the beginning and at the end of the song, a field recording of fans in Liverpools Kop singing "Youll Never Walk Alone" is superimposed over the music.
13) • This is a painting by J.M.W turner and was reclaimed by _______ and was hailed by all the press and the media. • However, a man called Richard Brook erases all the fame claimed by ______. • One word answer.
Reichenbachfalls "The Reichenbach Fall" is a play on the waterfalls name. At the beginning of the episode, it is revealed that Holmes has shot to fame after reclaiming one of the Turner paintings, assumedly from theft. The name of the alias Moriarty uses later on in the episode, "Rich(ard) Brook", is the English translation of Reichenbach.
14)X: You have been busy, hunting down with mathematics, the twoancient entities, time and space, while I have been lecturing inthis country on the eternal world of man, the universe of reality.Y: Do you believe in the divine isolated from the world?X: Not isolated. The infinite personality of man comprehendsthe universe. There cannot be anything that cannot besubsumed by the human personality, and this proves that thetruth of the universe is human truth.Y: There are two different conceptions about the nature of theuniverse - the world as a unity dependent on humanity, and theworld as reality independent of the human factor.X: When our universe is in harmony with man, the eternal, weknow it as truth, we feel it as beauty.Identify X and Y
15) Who are singing the chorus with LataMangeshkar?
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.