Quiz master• R.Kartik,1st year BE- mechanical engineering ,psg tech.• You can always address me as Heath ledger. It doesn’t hurt.• Sports fanatic.• Absolut floyd• Ardent fan of Argentinean football and Manchester United.(I Bleed RED)• Listen to stairway to heaven at least thrice in a day.
Infinite bounce• Clockwise.• Rules You Know.• Let’s begin.
1.X’s inspirations include manga artists such as Ozamu tezuka andFujio akatsuka and also Alfred hitchcock, •who all appear in all of their creations.During the localization of X for american audiences,Y- who wasamerica’swarehouse lord demanded a Back rent from Z.Following a heated argument in whichY ended up getting the back rent, decided to change X’s nameafter Y cause it was much more appealing. Of course X is a hugesuccess. Shigeru miyamotu claims that if X had been X, he wouldHave disappeared from the face of earth. X has severalprofessions though all of us thinkthat he is proficient in only one. X was supposed to feature in allCreations of Z.
The funda goes like this• Originally, Miyamoto wanted to create a video game that used the characters Popeye, Bluto, and Olive Oyl. At the time, however, Miyamoto was unable to acquire a license to use the characters (and would not until 1982), and ended up making Jumpman (later known as Mario), Donkey Kong, and Pauline. In the early stages of the game, Mario was unable to jump, and the focus was to escape a maze. However, Miyamoto added in that ability, saying• "If you had a barrel rolling towards you, what would you do? Marios name was originally "Mr. Video", and he was to be used in every video game Miyamoto developed.
• Major-General Sir Thomas Munro, 1st Baronet (27 May 1761 – 6 July 1827) was a Scottish British East India Company Army officer and statesman. In 1820, he was appointed governor of Madras, where he founded systems of revenue assessment and general administration which substantially persisted into the twentieth century. An equestrian statue of him, by Francis Legatt Chantrey, stands in Madras city. Though he is unknown to many of us, he has his own godly fame.
Thirupathi Ladoo • The Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams still hold a huge cauldron gifted by him called Munro Gangalam, in which food for the Lord Venkateswara is prepared, even though Lord Munro never visited the temple.
5. What is X?• Douglas Adamss 1982 science fiction comedy novel Life, the Universe and Everything – the third part of The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy series – features the X, as a significant element of its plot. X is stolen by alien robots, as the burnt stump inside is part of a key needed to unlock the "Wikkit Gate" and release an imprisoned world called Krikkit.
6. X(sitter)• Late Night with Conan OBrien: X was in a skit in which he made a phone call to guest Jim Carrey.• Red Dwarf: X appeared in a special programme about the popular British science fiction series.• Host: Masters of Science Fiction.• In," Descent, Part 1", Brent spiner is seen playing poker with holographic depictions. X portrayed his own hologram for this episode, making him the only guest in any Star Trek series to play himself. When taking a tour of the set, he paused at the Warp core, smiled, and said, "Im working on that." During the tour, X requested, and was allowed, to sit in the captains chair of the Enterprise-D.• Brent Spiner (Data) reportedly quipped, in an obviously tongue-in-cheek manner, that X’s cameo was "the most notable moment in television history since Albert Einstein guest-starred on Gunsmoke"
Stephen hawking• Stephen hawking’s cultural appearances.
7.Sitter. (if you had seen it)• In the Super Six match between Australia and India during the 1999 World Cup, Robin Singh was out as mentioned in the scorecard: RR Singh c Reiffel b Moody 75 (94) It was an unique dismissal, controversial too.
• The ball hit the pigeon before the catch was taken.
8.• Elliss "Puss" Achong, was a left-arm orthodox spinner, playing for the West Indies at the time. According to folklore, Achong is said to have had Walter Robbins stumped off a surprise delivery that spun into the right-hander from outside the off stump. As he walked back to the pavilion, Robbins said to his teammates "Fancy being done by a bloody X", leading to the popularity of the term in England, and subsequently, in the rest of the world.
10. X?• X is a german movie,a 2003 film by Sönk Wortmann, which tells the story of a German family (particularly of a young boy and his depressed ex-POW father).• The gist of the story:• There are several miraculous events in the movie. For Richard, it is the sudden joy of scoring a goal with an abandoned soccer ball. For Rahn, it is seeing Matthias on the sideline that spurs him into scoring the winning goal. For Sepp Herberger, however, the miracles are more mundane. The sudden rain occurs and as the German captain Fritz Walter tended to perform better in stormy conditions, but not so much the Germans fitted with Adi Dasslers revolutionary screw-in football studs.”
The miracle of bern• It’s a nice movie guys. Please watch it.
11. X. Easily workable• The X shorts featured Meter (voiced by Frank Welker), who, unbeknownst to Y, had superpowers and fought evil with his secret agent and superhero partners. Villains ranged from a cranky and irritable lava monster that just wanted people to have been quiet because it needed its sleep, to a woman obsessed with having made fur coats from endangered species across the universe and so on. Xs true identity was revealed to Y in "Last But Not Beast", although Ys memories were erased afterward.• The segments title derived from Alfred Hitchcocks Dial M for Murder and DC Comics Dial H for Hero
12.• A master promoter of himself and the game, X saw an opportunity in 1973 to make money and to elevate the popularity of a sport he loved. Although 55 years old, he deliberately played the male chauvinist card and came out of retirement to challenge one of the worlds greatest female players Maragret court to a match, claiming that the female game was inferior and that a top female player could not beat him even at the age of 55. This led to an epic event in the tennis history. Name the event and yes. I need X too.
Battle of the sexes• Bobby riggs and Billie Jean king.
13.Ancient.• On 9 November 1919, Master Tom, a prototype ofX , debuted in a Paramount Pictures short entitled Feline Follies. Produced by the New York City-based animation studio owned by Pat Sullivan, the cartoon was directed by cartoonist and animator Otto Messmer. It was a success, and the Sullivan studio quickly set to work on producing another film featuring Master Tom, the prototype in The Musical Mews .It too proved to be successful with audiences.the one on his official site ”Rejoining Sullivan with a great idea for a new character named X, and the second that ”Mr. (John) King of Paramount Magazine suggested the name “X", after the Latin words which meant Lucky cat. X is one of the earliest on screen animation. X?
14. X.Rudolf Koch(20 November 1876 – 9 April 1934) was a •leading German calligrapher, typographic artist andteacher, born in Nuremberg. He was primarily acalligrapher with the Gebr Klingspor foundry. Hecreated several typefaces, in both fraktur and romanstyles. Fritz Kredel studied under Koch at theOffenbach School of design.Koch wrote a bookcontaining 493 old-world symbols, monograms andrunes entitled The Book of Signs. This inspiredseveral people , but most importantly X and Yidentify.
15. This is a sports Accessory shop In England. To be Specific-Liverpool. Put funda.
• so that its address will be everton 2, liverpool 1. hopefully, it wouldn’t happen in the near future....
I believe in whatever doesn’t kill you, simply makes you STRANGER. m/
And senthil sir, if you feel something is missing
Rules.• A normal infinite bounce, but it contains a hidden theme.• There are 6 questions that lead to a particular theme, which I won’t mention. You’ve got to find out.• All the questions are tribute questions.• Watch the quiz carefully.• There will be big clues to the answer of the theme in this quiz whenever you wish to see.
• You get an additional twenty points for the theme.• For the 1st question, you can gamble to a maximum of 20 points.• For the 2nd, 3rd and 4th question, you can gamble to a maximum of 15,10 and 5 points respectively. Aftermath, no more gambling• So, as the last don says, Gamble to glory.
And btw, the theme is in a particular sequence. No more clues.
1.(theme)• Except where everyday use survives in some regions of England, the air of informal familiarity once suggested by the use of has disappeared.• In Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, Darth Vader addresses the Emperor with X instead of a much more common usage Y• In the fictional teenage argot nadsat, invented for Anthony Burgesss novel A Clockwork Orange (and the film adaptation), Alex and his droogs regularly use “X", which fits in with their semi-Edwardian clothing.
2.(theme)• X was first used to refer iron tanks which did not corrode due to galvanization, in America during WW I.• Later X cans implicated German Artillery shells.• X also refers to chief issues of the government.• The usage expanded as TIME progressed, and now it refers to soldiers itself.
3.(theme)• After the end of the Second World War, there was an increase in birth rates. In May 1951, Sylvia Porter, a columnist for the New York Post, used the term X to refer to the phenomenon of increased births in post war America. The generation born between 1940s and 1960s are referred to as the X Generation.
• The X generation has included, as of 2011, three Presidents of the United States:• Bill Clinton, born 1946, 1993–2001• George W. Bush, born 1946, 2001–2009• Barack Obama, born 1961, 2009-Current• Other influential American politicians born during the post-war boom include:• Hillary Clinton, New York senator and former First Lady, b. 1947• Arnold Schwarzenegger, Governor of California, b. July 30, 1947
4. This is the Logo of the Islington Green school, in North London. It rose to The annals of Fame in the 80’s Put funda.
• The choir of this school sang in floyd’s Another brick in the wall-2.
5.(theme)• At the Melbourne Olympics in 1956,the year where a vital thing in the world history happened. This led to the confrontation that occurred in the semi-final match of the water polo tournament. The match was extremely violent, and was halted in the final minute to quell fighting amongst spectators. This match, now known as the "blood in the water match", became the subject of several films, including one documentary by Quentine tarantino.• The name was coined after player Ervin Zádor emerged during the last two minutes with blood pouring from under his eye after being punched by his counter part.
The hungarian revolution• This resulted in the removal of the communist government and JOSEPH STALIN.
GOD• Quentine tarantino playing Elvis presley in the show The Golden Girls.
7.• Iznogoud is a French comics series featuring an eponymous character, created by René Goscinny and Jean Tabary. Iznogoud is the second in command to the Caliph of Baghdad Haroun El Poussah but his sole aim in life is to overthrow the Caliph and take his place. This is frequently expressed in his famous catchphrase, “I want to be Caliph instead of the Caliph”, which has passed into everyday French for qualifying over-ambitious people who want to become chief. Iznogoud is always assisted in his plans by his faithful henchman, Dilat Larath.• A typical example is when Iznogoud discovers the "Road to Nowhere", a road that only leads back to itself, and devises a plot to lure the Caliph there so he will become eternally trapped. In his excitement over the prospect to accomplish his lifes mission, Iznogoud forgets that he needs an exit for himself. As in every Iznogoud story, Iznogoud is ultimately unsuccessful, and the Caliph continues his reign.
9.Sitter. The Way of the dragon is a one of the best bruce leeMovies ever made. In this movie, there is a fight sceneBetween Tang lung (a kung fu fighter) and Colt( karate).This is one of the massest fight scenes in the martialMovies. Apparently Tang Lung was played By Bruce lee.Who played Colt?Clue: The Man who played Colt can do many things thatBruce lee can only dream of doing.
11.X. Put funda Qm’s favourite• "Strangers in the Night" is a popular song written by Ivo Robić, Charles Singleton, Eddie Snyder and Bert Kaempfert. The song was originally from Ivo Robić who wrote it for the festival in Split but the song never passed the selection, so later on he sang it in German and in Croatian. Bert Kaempfert bought the rights of the song for the film A Man Could Get Killed, which introduced the song "Strangers in the Night". The song was made famous in 1966 by X. The track was recorded on April 11, 1966, one month before the rest of the album.• One of the most memorable and recognizable features of the record is X’s scat improvisation of the melody HOWLING like a Dane as the song fades to the end.• X despised the song and called it a piece of shit.• PTO
• The Symphony No. 5 in C minor, was written by Ludwig van Beethoven in 1804–08. This symphony is one of the most popular and best-known compositions in all of classical music, and one of the most often played symphonies. It comprises four movements: an opening sonata, an andante, and a fast scherzo which leads attacca to the finale. First performed in Viennas Theater an der Wien in 1808, the work achieved its prodigious reputation soon afterwards. E. T. A. Hoffmann described the symphony as "one of the most important works of the time".• It begins by stating a distinctive four-note "short-short- short-long" motif twice.• Y always begins any dialogue with these 4 notes.
Frank sinatra and the 5th symphony• Inspired scooby dooby doo (m/)• Inspired scooby Dum (m/)
Commentators in EA games• Richie benaud- EA sports cricket(all seasons)• Ally mccoist-Fifa(2003-2005)• John Moston-Fifa(2003-2005)• Martin tayler-Fifa(2009-2011)• Andy grey(2006-2008)
13.(theme)• X, a notable cryptologist, broke Vigenères autokey cipher as well as the much weaker cipher that is called Vigenère cipher today.• In 1838, X invented the pilot (also called a cow-catcher), the metal frame attached to the front of locomotives that clears the tracks of obstacles.
.Who is this visionary?• X once contacted the poet Alfred Tennyson in response to his poem "The Vision of Sin“, X wrote In your otherwise beautiful poem, one verse reads,• Every moment dies a man,Every moment one is born. ... If this were true, the population of the world would be at a standstill. In truth, the rate of birth is slightly in excess of that of death. I would suggest [that the next version of your poem should read :Every moment dies a man,Every moment 1 1/16 is born.Strictly speaking, the actual figure is so long I cannot get it into a line, but I believe the figure 1 1/16 will be sufficiently accurate for poetry.
• X was a mechanical engineer, who believed in machines and also credited with the invention of the pilot in the automobiles and also the opthamalscope which he gave it to a physician for testing and apparently forgot and hence some one else was given the credit of inventing it. He invented something which is remotely of any resemblance to all these.
14.ID the creature am talking about.• The bird shown on the medieval seal is generic, but the wording of the seal contains references to King John, who granted the town’s charter in 1207. John, in honor of his patron saint, frequently used the device of an eagle - long associated with St. John. Further indication that the seal was an homage to King John is found in the sprig of broom initially shown in the bird’s beak, broom being a symbol of the royal family of Plantagenet• By the 17th century, the origins of the bird had begun to be forgotten, with references to the bird as a cormorant, still a common bird in the coastal waters near X.• The bird thus appears to have originally been intended to be an eagle, but is now officially a cormorant. Many modern interpretations of the symbol are of a cormorant, although several - notably that on the X’s logo distinctly show the short head and curved beak more readily associated with a bird of prey.
The liver bird.You’ll never walk alone The one On the Liverpool Football club
Was inception inspired from Donald Duck?• In "Uncle Scrooge: The Dream of a Lifetime," the thieving Beagle Boys gang use a special machine to enter Scrooge McDucks dreams and steal the combination to his safe. Donald Duck and his nephews find Scrooge and the thieves sleeping, and Donald must enter the dream to foil the plot. When someone falls in the dream, they immediately wake up. And if Scrooge is awakened before the Beagle Boys, both parties will be "doomed."
16.The Red-capped Manakin is a birdwhich is probably best known forthe males unusual courting methodwhereby it shuffles rapidly backwardsacross a branch. Thismotion is similar to a speedy X.What is X?
17.• Both X and Y started their careers withWest Ham United. X is hugely praised byAll the football pundits as a great readerOf the game. X is married to Sandra, andThey have a son Jamie, who is a retiredFootballer. Jamie made his professional debut under hisfather at AFC Bournemouth in 1990 before moving on toLiverpool and later Tottenham Hotspur and finallySouthampton before retiring in 2005. X’s nephew isHugely popular in the premier league even now..Currently X is a manager of an Epl club and Y,Well. No more clues.
Harry redknapp (m/)the uncle of• Frank lampard.
18.Where?• "Jesus, Son of Mary (peace be upon them) said: The world is a Bridge, pass over it, but build no houses upon it. He who hopes for a day, may hope for eternity; but the World endures but an hour. Spend it in prayer for the rest is unseen.”
Savitha Bhabhi The episodes of savitha bhabhi so far. 1. The salesman 2. Doctor Doctor 3. Cricket 4. The party 5. The servant Sorry guys if I had disappointed you With the picture.
20.• Sarojini Naidu was once approached by a young cricketing fan asking her for an autograph. She was pleasantly surprised as to why the boy had asked her for an autograph when there were bigger names around. One of those present asked the boy as to whether he knew who Sarojini Naidu was. The boy gave an answer which underscored the fact that how one thing is worshipped in India.
• The boy said sarojini naidu was the wife of C.K naidu.
Theme answers• Abstract themes chosen as the TIME person of the year.• You did see the TIME song cover throughout the quiz.
• The American Fighting-Man 1950• Hungarian Freedom Fighter 1956• The Generation Twenty-Five and Under (Baby Boomers) 1966• The Middle Americans 1969• The Computer 1982• The Endangered Earth 1988• The American Soldier 2003• You 2006
Lvc• Long visual connect. Won’t disclose the number of slides.• There are negatives cause I am bored.• This lvc is not arbit, not 2 step, quite straightforward.• Only 2 attempts per team.
• This happened at the anfield, liverpool at the championship match between Juventus and Liverpool. Though extreme rivalry was expected between these two teams, liverpool fans joined hands and represented Amicizia which meant friendship in italian. Why? Explain.
• Due to the heysel football incident. During 1985, At the heysel stadium, belgium• the match between liverpool and juventus• the stadium wall collapsed injuring several• people. 60 people were killed due to this incident. And hence, chaos reigned on the ground. And hence after twenty years when these 2 teams met at anfield, Liverpool fans showed this warm gesture.
28.Tribute qn.• At the age of 15, X was discovered in Belfast by Manchester United scout Bob Bishop, whose telegram to United manager Matt Busby read: "I think Ive found you a genius. His local club Glentoran had previously rejected him for being "too small and light". X was subsequently given a trial and signed up by chief scout Joe Armstrong. In his native Northern Ireland, the admiration for him is summed up by the local saying: (next slide).
George best it is• Bleed RED !• Hifi s to Dunga sir, sticky, vidyuth, and all Man U fans here.• To the so called Blues, evil laughter and snubs await at NMB.
• First james bond continuation novel.• Robert markham is the pseudonym of Kingsley Amis who wrote the bond novel after late ian fleming.
30.X.• X (1928) is an American silent film directed by the German Expressionist filmmaker Paul Leni. The film is an adaptation of Victor Hugos novel of the same name and stars Conrad Veidt as Gwynplaine and Mary Philbin as the blind Dea. The film is known for the grim Carnival freak-like grin on the character Gwynplaines face which often leads the film to be credited to the horror film genre. Film critic Roger Ebert stated “X”is a melodrama, at times even a swashbuckler, but so steeped in Expressionist gloom that it plays like a horror film. X inspired Bill finger, Bob Kane and Jerry robinson to do something. What?