• SEO [Search Engine Optimization]is a process to improve the
visibility of webpage's in search engine result pages (SERP).
• SEO is a method to improve overall performance of the
website like traffic maximization, Page Rank, site health and
• An important aspect of Search Engine Optimization is making
your website easy for both users and search engine robots to
• Although search engines have become increasingly
sophisticated, in many ways they still can't see and
understand a web page the same way a human does.
• SEO helps the engines figure out what each page is about, and
how it may be useful for users.
Almost 90% of web users use a search engine everyday to
find what they are looking for
Your website will constantly feature on page one of the
search results for terms that best describe your business
Make more sales
Reach the desired target audience
Helping the search engines make the right choice
On Page SEO
• On Page SEO is the science of optimizing the contents of a
website such that it becomes friendlier to the search engines.
• In a simple definition On Page Optimization is what can be
done on the pages of a website in order to make it more
search engine friendly to achieve good search engine ranking
for targeted keywords.
What are Keywords
• A keyword is a simple word or word phrase entered in search
engines by user to search a particular information.
• Your SEO keywords are the key words and phrases in your web
content that make it possible for people to find your site via
SEO Training institute in Lajpat Nagar
BFIS Professional Course
CS Fourth Year Projects
Choose the Right Keywords based on keyword length, search
volume and competition.
Use keywords in Url, Title, H1 tag, Page Content, Image tag
and in Anchor Text.
URL makes it clear what the page is about to your visitors and
the search engines.
Use appropriate keyword in URL.
Use a dash (-) to separate words rather than other signs.
Don’t use slashes, underscores, any numeric value in URL.
Example of a Good URLhttp://www.example.com/green-dress.html
A title tag is the technical term for text that describes a
document on the web.
Use your Company Name:
DON'T DUPLICATE Title Tags:
Separate your keywords with hyphens (-) or pipes (|):
Meta Description Optimization
The site description is the most important Meta tag. It is read by
the search engines Yahoo and MSN and still plays a significant
role in their searches.
Use a maximum of 153 characters:
Avoid Duplicate Meta Description Tags:
Avoid keyword stuffing:
Include your primary keyword:
Content is King in SEO
Only content can give the search engines a true indication of a
The off-site phase deals primarily with inbound link building.
Amongst the major engines Google places the greatest
emphasis on links.
The process can take few months, and OFF page SEO is "never
SOME OFF PAGE SEO METHODS
Press Release Submission
BENEFITS OF OFF PAGE METHODS
Quality Back links.
Frequent visits by spiders.
Builds Natural Links.
Provides exposure for your site and business.
Make reputation of Your Company.
Classified sites are always good to get business.
Identify your brand .
SEM (Search Engine Marketing)
SEM (search engine marketing) includes things such as search
engine optimization, paid listings and other search-engine
SEM uses the search engines to advertise your website or
business to Internet customers and send a more targeted
traffic to your Web site.
Google Ad words (PPC)
Google Ad sense
Ad Sense (Google Ad Sense) is an advertising placement
service by Google.
The program is designed for website publishers who want to
display targeted text, video or image advertisements
on website pages and earn money when site visitors view or
click the ads.
SMO (Social Media Optimization)
Facebook Page Creation.
Twitter Account Creation.
Linked In Company page creation.
Google Plus page creation.
Benefits Of Social Media
• 89% of respondents said that social media marketing has
generated more business exposure.
• 64% saw lead generation increase by using social media 6
hours or less per day.
• 69% of marketers use social media to gather marketplace
• 62% of marketers using social media for 2+ years reported a
rise in search engine rankings.
• 62% of businesses with 10 employees or less reported that
social media has reduced marketing expenses.
There are lots of tools are available that help in SEO. But we
are only going to describe only 2 SEO tools:
1. Google Analytics
2. Google Webmaster Tool
Google Analytics is a service offered by Google that generates
detailed statistics about a website's traffic and traffic sources
and measures conversions and sales.
Google Analytics can track visitors from all referrers, including
search engines and social networks, direct visits and referring
With Google Analytics, other than collecting data about traffic
from Google, you will also be able to collect data traffic from
MSN and Yahoo! search results with respect to your site and
use it to strengthen your stronghold on the search platform.
GOOGLE WEBMASTER TOOL
• Google Webmaster Tools is a no-charge web service by
Google for webmasters.
• It allows webmasters to check indexing status and optimize
visibility of their websites.
• It is part of a marketing effort to reach out to Webmasters and
promote Google services.
• Access to search statistics on Google
• Latest data regarding incoming links and internal links
• Sends notification if your site has any crawl errors
(misdirecting) and/or malware (spam, viruses, etc)
• Shows you keywords you are targeting and how effective they
• Insights into crawling and indexing activity on the site
Site Performance Metrics
SEO is an ever changing
SEO takes time
More players in the
internet are adopting SEO