3. Promote Social Behavior• Social seems to be more important for video than any other ranking factor. If people are taking and sharing your video, you will show up higher.
4. Video SEO 101• Don’t get caught up in very technical video SEO jargon. Gaming the system only gets you so far
Video SEO 101 – Ranking Factors• Views, comments, playlists, likes, and shares have a direct impact on video SEO.• Unless people are being social with your video, you don’t have much of a chance to rank well.
Video SEO 101 – Ranking Factors• My personal goal is to get 1,000 views and 100 social interactions in the first week of a videos life. For most terms, this blasts the rankings near the top of YouTube search.
Video SEO 101 – Ranking Factors• Unless people keep coming to your video and talking about it, your video will have a very short life cycle in search• Relevance is how all search engines survive. If you make this your goal, you will be much better off
Video SEO 101 – Basics - Title• The best way to create a title is to know what you want to rank for. You don’t have to get too fancy. Just make sure people are really searching for this term. https://ads.youtube.com/keyword_tool https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal
Video SEO 101 – Basics - Description• Put a link on the first line as a call-to-action• Use your title keywords in the description• Tell people what to do next Good example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nc9IecsHX9Q
Video SEO 101 – Basics – Category & Tags• YouTube is a database, the better you tag and describe your video, the more likely the right people will find it.• If the wrong people find your video, it will most likely hurt your potential views
5. Video Advertising• Kick start your videos with Promoted Videos• http://www.youtube.com/t/advertising_pro moted_videos
6. Backlinks• Try to get as many people as you can to embed your video.• Link your webpage that has the YouTube embedded video to 10+ other video sharing sites and Social sites
7. Video Sitemaps• Add a video sitemap• Include: thumbnail, duration, title, keyword rich descriptions, landing page URL• http://www.google.com/webmasters/videosite maps/• http://yoast.com/video-seo/
8. Annotations• If you tell people what to do, many times they will do it. Annotations are a great way to get people to watch more videos and subscribe to your channel
9. Captions• Always use captions for video SEO. Transcribing your videos can then allow you to put that text on your site.• http://speakertext.com/• Look at the example of the transcribed text box http://speakertext.com/captionbox
10. Playlists• Playlists are one of the most powerful things you can do for a new video.• In the next slide notice the 5 thumbnail. It’s just a playlist showing up in YouTube Search.
11. Video Syndication• Put your video everywhere!!! iTunes, Roku, RSS Feeds, video sharing sites• http://feedburner.google.com• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wzdas0e DjA
12. Video Analytics• Understand the dynamics of what’s going on under the hood of your account.• Look at the Audience Retention to see when people are engaging and when people are leaving. Change your production style based on this information• https://www.youtube.com/analytics
Jeremy VestFacebook.com/videoguild Twitter.com/videoguildVideomarketingguild.com