On October 23rd, 2014, we updated our
By continuing to use LinkedIn’s SlideShare service, you agree to the revised terms, so please take a few minutes to review them.
What is video seeding?
• Video seeding is the process of announcing, distributing and
promoting a video content - most often a viral video ad on
• The first stage of video seeding is to upload & distribute the
video on social video sharing platforms like YouTube, Vimeo &
• The second stage is to promote the uploaded video through paid
or free placements and actions, and afterwards wait for sharing
and viral effects.
• Video seeding is an initial launching part of a viral video
campaign and most part of global audience has to finally result
from virality and sharing.
Techniques used for video seeding
Promoted videos on YouTube
Embedded videos on blogs/websites/app/games
Online communities & forums
Email news letter marketing
Sharing across social media like Facebook, Twitter & Pinterest
• Video seeding helps to generate organic traffic with a genuine
interest in your video directly to your content, increasing the
amount of YouTube views, shares, comments, and ratings.
• It can give high level of engagement.
• Video Seeding activity guarantees brands buzz and audience
engagement by broadcasting videos with catchy and viral
features on the targeted audience & platform
• It gives you initial push up to grow organically & becomes
Video Seeding vs Video Ad Networks
• Social marketing for videos.
• Highly engaged, user initiated views.
• Strategies focus on earned placements for
blogs, games, apps, social media (Facebook,
Twitter, YouTube, and Blog Forums)
leveraging influencers, communities, and
• End goal is brand sentiment, user-sharing,
and viewer engagement.
• Video with light and clever branding,
entertaining hooks, leveraging a meme or
online influencer/web personality.
• Targeted, customized and measurable.
# Video Ad Networks
• Online banner ad of video in form
of an auto-play, pre-roll, or post-roll
for existing online content.
• Not social or engaging.
• Commercial/television feel, rich,
• Shorter video format (average of
• Videos posted on proprietary
• Views counted are not limited to
the front-facing counters on video
Why social video seeding?
Vidooly is a hybrid video
# combination of seeding & paid
check out http://vidooly.com