• Acts 13:36 For David, after he had served his own generation by the will of God, fell on sleep, and was laid unto his fathers, and saw corruption• Another translataion: Now when David had served God’s purpose in his own generation, he fell asleep; he was buried with his ancestors and his body decayed• Kay si David sa tapus nga nakaalagad sia sang kabubuton sang Dios sa iya kaliwatan, nagtulog, kag ginpahamtang upod sa iya mga ginikanan, kag nakakita sang kaduluntan
Introduction: Many people have no clearpurpose for their lives.• Ask an unbeliever• Rich Fool• 1 Corinthians 15:19 If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.• Even believers can go through life without ever realizing God’s plan for them. Only through discovering His purpose for us can we experience genuine fulfillment.
II. What is your unique plan?• A. What purpose does the Father have for you? The apostle Paul described the life of King David by mentioning that he “served the purpose of God in his own generation” (Acts 13:36).• B. You can honor the Lord with your daily choices—at work, at home, and in the community. Serving God is not limited to church and missionary work. The best way to experience a fulfilled life is to live for the Lord• Ps. 34:10 The young lions do lack, and suffer hunger: but they that seek the LORD shall not want any good thing.
III. How did David serve the purpose of God?A. By Working David was the youngest of eight sons, and his task was to tend the sheep (1 Sam. 16:11). In that humble role, he submitted to his father’s authority. Also, as David protected the animals, he learned how to fight courageously—a valuable skill he later put to use as a warrior.
• I. Study the Bible Regularly• Diligent Bible study is our only way of learning Gods will and avoiding error• II. Pray Frequently• Prayer is our means of thanking God, praising Him, and making known our needs.• III. Commit Yourself to the Local Church• New Testament Christians always were recognized as part of a local church. They committed themselves to be involved and actively participate in the work of that church.
• V. Practice Proper Relations with Other People• * In our family * To those who are in• To civil• In business• Are you willing to learn & follow Bible teaching about how to treat others?• VI. Help Others Learn the Gospel• All Christians should work to learn how to lead others to Jesus• Are you willing to share the message of Jesus with others?
• VII. Live an Upright Moral Life• Are you willing to correct any sins in your life as you learn of them?• VIII. Do All Gods Will• Are you willing to forsake all your desires and give your whole life to Jesus?• What should a person do if he sins after baptism? -- Acts 8:22; 1 John 1:9.• Are you willing to repent of any sins you commit after baptism?
• B. By Fighting David recognized that the truenature of the battle with the Philistinewas spiritual. He boldly approached thegiant in God’s strength anddemonstrated the awesome power ofthe Lords name (1 Sam. 17:45-48
• Whats the reason that the church grow? Because of the blood of the saints.• Christian martyrs are willing to stand for Christ in the face of death because they know that they are fighting spiritualy and not physically.• Spirituhanun nga pakigaway kung gatindog kita para ngalan ni KRISTO.
• We are given a similar opportunity when people criticize Christians or our faith. Instead of panginwala and remaining silent, we should defend the name of Jesus Christ. Because God never forsake us.• John 6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out
C. By WaitingDavid’s men urged him to kill Saul when hehad the chance. But to his followers’ surprise,he refused to harm the man Samuel hadanointed as king (1 Sam. 24:6).David determined to wait for God to givehim the kingdom.
• Wala sang may madula kung gin hulat ta ang kabubuton sang Guinoo. Pero kadako dako gid sang madula kung indi kita kabalo maghulat sang kabubuton sang Ginoo.• The world won’t always understand our decisions either. But when you respond to life’s opportunities and crises in a godly fashion, you model the authentic Christian life.
D. By an ExampleDavid’s life provides a powerful example of boththe Lord’s forgiveness and the consequences of sin.Although he committed adultery with Bathshebaand arranged for Uriah’s death, he repented of hissin after Nathan confronted him.God forgave him, but his rebellion hadconsequences. After David’s sin with Bathsheba, hislife was filled with heartache and pain.
•Most people in our society want to rebel against God and avoid the repercussions. Our heavenly Father graciously forgives our wrongdoings, but we will always pay the price for our disobedience.
E. Godly LegacyThe book of Psalms contains many lyrics written byDavid.This collection gives us an intimate glimpse of therelationship between a man and his Creator.In fact, every human emotion—from love anddevotion to jealousy and hatred—is expressed in it.Because of David’s contribution to the Word ofGod, his life has served the Lord’s purpose, not justfor his generation, but for thousands of years after it.
• How about you? What is the legacy that will glorify God?• Faithfulnes• 1 Chronicles 28: "And you, my son Solomon, acknowledge the God of your father, and serve him with wholehearted devotion and with a willing mind, for the LORD searches every heart and understands every motive behind the thoughts. If you seek him, he will be found by you; but if you forsake him, he will reject you forever.
IV. Conclusion: Perhaps you have neverrealized the purpose for your life.• As a Christian, you should live in such a way that your life will make an impact for God.• Working, bravery, waiting for Gods time, being an example, Godly testimony• Your attitudes and actions should count for His kingdom. My friend, I pray you will seek the Father’s will and surrender to His leading.• The Lord will amaze you with the powerful things Hell do in and through your life.