View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!Introducing SlideShare for AndroidExplore all your favorite topics in the SlideShare appGet the SlideShare app to Save for Later — even offline
View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new Android app!View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!
9 But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into
many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and
10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some
coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves
through with many sorrows.
11 But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after
righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness
1 Timothy 6:9-11
9 Pero ang luyag mag manggaranon nagakahulog sa mga pagsulay
kag ginasiod sang binuang kag makahalalit nga mga handom nga
nagadala sa ila sa kamusmosan kag kalaglagan.
10 Kay ang paghigugma sa pilak amo ang ginahalinan sang
tanan nga sahi sang kalautan. May iban nga mga tawo nga
naghandom gid sini, gani nagtalang sila sa pagtuo kag napuno ang
ila mga tagipusoon sang mga kalisod.
11 Pero ikaw tawo sang Dios, likawi ini nga mga butang. Himulati
ang pagkamatarong, pagkadiosnon, pagtuo, paghigugma, pagbatas
1 Timoteo 6:9-11
• What is the proper way for a believer to view his or
• The Bible both encourages us to trust in God's
provision and warns about the misuse of funds.
• Let's examine what Scripture says about wealth, and
how we are to acquire, give, and spend our money.
What does the Bible say about our
A. God is the source and owner of all wealth
• Psalms 24:1
The earth is the Lord's, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell
• Psalms 50:10
For every beast of the forest is mine, and the cattle upon a thousand hills
B. Understanding the Lord's viewpoint on our finances can prevent us from making
• God's Word contains more verses about money than about heaven, hell, or prayer.
C. The Bible encourages positive use of money.
• Our cash is simply a means of exchange and is not itself evil
• Matt. 25:14-30 “The Parable of the Talents”
• God gives us money to be used wisely
• For food, clothing, and other basic needs
• Luke 6:38
Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and
shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom.
For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to
• For enjoyment of His blessings
• Ecclesiastes 5:19-20
Every man also to whom God hath given riches and wealth, and hath
given him power to eat thereof, and to take his portion, and to rejoice
in his labour; this is the gift of God. For he shall not much remember
the days of his life; because God answereth him in the joy of his heart
D. Scripture warns us about the misuse of money.
• We are not to wear ourselves out to become rich
• Proverbs 23:4-5
Labour not to be rich: cease from thine own wisdom. Wilt thou set thine
eyes upon that which is not? for riches certainly make themselves wings;
they fly away as an eagle toward heaven
• Fall in love with money
• 1 Timothy 6:10
For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted
after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through
with many sorrows
• Financial blessing can turn into a snare if we aren't careful
• Proverbs 15:6
Better is little with the fear of the Lord than great treasure and trouble
How to Acquire Wealth
• A significant way the Lord provides for us is through our jobs
• 2 Thessalonians 3:10
For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any
would not work, neither should he eat
• We can put our money to work and see it multiply through wise investments
• The Lord sometimes uses people to provide our needs or leads us to assist
others financially. When you and I share our abundance with others, God
blesses us with more: "Give and it will be given to you"
• Luke 6:38
Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken
together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same
measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.
• Even a dollar a week adds up over time.
• Proverbs 21:20
"A wise man saves for the future, but the foolish man spends
whatever he gets."
How to use money
A. To meet personal needs:
• Philippians 4:19
"My God shall supply all your needs according to His riches in glory.“
B. To carry on God's work
• In the Old Testament, one tenth of a person's income (a "tithe") was earmarked for
God's work; today, that amount continues to be an appropriate guideline for giving
to the church. The Lord uses financial gifts from His people to support missions
work around the world.
• Malachi 3:10
Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine
house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you
the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room
enough to receive it
• —and many a Christian—testify, God responds by pouring out blessing "until it
C. For God-given goals
• For instance, you may set a goal to purchase a home, buy a
more reliable car, get out of debt, or help your children attend
• While we shouldn't be greedy, there is nothing wrong with
seeking to improve our lives.
D. To meet the needs of others
• Follow the Spirit's prompting and generously assist others
who are genuinely in need.
A. To train us
• As we rely on the Lord for financial provision, He reveals His faithfulness. He
also uses money to teach us self-discipline.
B. To test us
• Sometimes God withholds what we need until we're ready to wholly rely upon
Him—not our resources. What we do with our money indicates what holds first
place in our hearts and our willingness to obey the Lord.
• Matthew 6:21
For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also
C. For our testimony
• Talk with others about the way God miraculously provides for you. Share how
tithing is a vital part of getting out of debt. When we testify about the Lord's
marvelous provision, the world listens and our heavenly Father receives glory.
D. To share the gospel
• Jesus commands us to take the gospel to every creature
• Mark 16:15
And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the
gospel to every creature
• Giving is one way we participate in taking the good news to the lost.
• From the Lord's perspective, it doesn't matter how much
money you have.
• Whether you are blessed with much or little, you can
choose to obey Him in this area of your life.
• Put into practice God's principles for managing your
• The Father will be sure to bless you and provide for you
in exciting ways.