Stand while drawing
Scan the subject in its entirety before drawing
Hand duplicates motion of the eye
Keep pencil/drawing tool in contact with paper throughout drawing
Focus on the subject, only glance at your paper
Avoid outlines, draw through the forms
Vary starting point on paper
• As a class, we will be going to the gym to practice our gestural
drawing. (15 min)
• Create 3 pages (min.) of gestural sketches within your
• **Remember – Don’t get hung up on the details! This exercise
is all about learning to draw what you see – not perfection.
• You will need to bring the following:
• Your Sketchbook!
• Conte or Pencils
• iPod/Music Maker
• Facial Features
• Work Period
• Please have your assignment sketches prepared
and photo ready for projection!!
• Email: email@example.com