Victor A. Boba
Victor@VictorBoba.com Garner, NC
Obtain a position as a senior software developer using my skills in .NET to develop
robust Windows and Web-based applications using the latest technologies and principles of
Object-Oriented design and relational database architecture.
To work in an environment that allows for self-starters with initiative and driven to
succeed as a team.
• C#, VB.Net, ASP.Net, Windows Workflow WF, Windows communication Foundation WCF,
Object Oriented Design and Development, COM, ActiveX, UML, .NET Web Services, XML,
XSLT, SOAP, T-SQL, PL/SQL, Test Driven Development (TDD), Microsoft Entity Framework,
LINQ, LINQ to SQL. Agile Development methodologies.
• Visual Studio .Net 2003/2005/2008, Team Foundation Server (TFS), Visual Studio 4/5/6,
Visual InterDev, MS Access, TOAD, Crystal Reports, Enterprise Architect (UML Modeling),
MS Project, Visual Source Safe, SQL Server Reporting Services, NUnit, NAnt, IBM Rational
ClearCase, ClearQuest, Software Modeler, Rhino Mocks, Advanced Installer, Sharepoint,
• Windows 95 - Windows 7, Windows Server 2000 - 2003, IIS, MTS.
• SQL Server 2000/20005, Oracle
Third Party Software Development Software:
• InstallSheild, RoboHelp, Active Reports .NET, Janus Winforms .NET, TrueDB Grid,
DotNetBar, ChartFX, Crystal Reports, Infragistics, DevExpress, Infragistics, Visual Build Pro
Dec 2008 – Present CC Intelligent Solutions Senior Developer
(VS.Net 2008, C#, ASP.Net, MVC,WF, WCF, jQuery, LINQ to SQL)
• Team Lead of a team of 8 developers and QA staff. Supervised overall team task assignments
• Senior User Interface developer offering supervision, advisement, and code changes using
jQuery and best practices for HTML development.
• Configuration Management lead for Secretary of North Dakota UCC web application. Using
Advanced Installer and TFS build processes, created installers that supported development,
testing, and production releases. Created 3 installers that installed web and windows services
as well as created custom application to modify configuration files during installing.
• Developed significant portion of an ASP.Net Intranet application for the District of Columbia
Secretary of State that utilized Windows Communication Foundation and AJAX.
• Met the development deadline and awarded a financial bonus.
• Assisted development of ASP.Net MVC application for the Secretary of State of North Dakota.
Technologies included daily use of jQuery, Windows Communication Foundation (WCF),
Windows Workflow (WF), and the Microsoft Entity Framework and Linq to Sql.
• Created multiple reports using SQL Server Reporting Services with export capabilities and
formatting using XSLT and XML.
Aug 2007 – Nov 2008 Apex Systems/SPAWAR Senior Developer/UI Team Lead
(VS.Net 2005/2008, C#, Developer Express)
• Supervised and created the User Interface framework for an inventory application to be run on
Windows, Web, and Pocket PC for the U. S. Marine Corps Aviation Supply.
• Created the Winforms application using a custom Model-View-Presenter (MVP) pattern. The
application consisted of 20 forms and over 30 custom user controls.
• Led a team of developers in creating a user-friendly and object-oriented user interface using
Developer Express third-party components.
• Assisted in developing coding standards to include exception handling and use of reflection on
• Created a custom validation framework with XML that was consumed by all assemblies in the
application and provided a robust user input validation procedure on the UI.
• Helped create custom Work Flow Activities that were consumed by Sequential Workflows.
Dec 2006 – Aug 2007 RBC Centura Bank Senior Developer
(VS.Net 2005, C#, ASP.Net, SQL Server 2000, Compuware’s TestPartner)
• Created automated testing framework that used MS Excel and TestPartner for loading of data.
• Created website for mainframe and teller validation using ASP.Net in C# 2005.
• Supervised QA testers during automated scripting in VBA.
May 2006 – Dec 2006 Liggett Vector Brands, Durham NC Senior Developer
(VS.Net 2003/2005, VB.Net, ASP.Net, SQL Server 2000, IIS, SQL Reporting Services)
• Migrated Windows VB.Net application to ASP.Net application using VS.Net 2005.
• Maintained custom reporting application in ASP.Net using VS.Net 2003.
• SQL Server 2000 data store relying heavily on Stored Procedures and Triggers.
• Created Windows VB.Net application to automate the Unit Test scripts used by the
development team. All unit tests kept in SQL Sever and managed through application interface
using intuitive design and placement of third-party controls.
Nov 2005 - April 2006 CareAnyware Inc, Cary NC Senior Developer
(VS.Net 2003, VB.Net, ASP, SQL Server 2000, IIS, VB 5, COM)
• ASP.NET and VB 6 Windows development
• Support and maintenance of existing systems in VB 6 Windows and VB 6 COM with SQL
Server 2000/2005 back end.
Jul 2004 - Nov 2005 Liggett Vector Brands, Durham NC Senior Developer
(VS.Net 2003, VB.Net, ASP.Net, SQL Server 2000, IIS, SQL Reporting Services)
• Part of a two man team that developed a Model View Controller ASP.NET Framework for use
corporate-wide on the Liggett Intranet.
• Developed a VB.NET Windows application to manage payments and draft notices to and from
banking institutions. Application uses heavy design patterns and reflection for code-reuse.
• SQL Server 2000 data store relying heavily on stored procedures.
• Strong use of .NET Reflection and Custom Attributes to load objects dynamically from the
metadata defined in each .NET Class.
• Extensive use of third-party server controls as well as custom-designed web controls for the
Mar 2004—Jul 2004 GE Capital, Raleigh NC Senior Developer
(VB 6, ASP, SQL Server 2000, IIS, COM, MTS)
• Completed design and architecture of the customer coupon Intranet site using VB 6 for the
business/data layer and ASP for the presentation layer.
• Oracle database store using stored procedures and triggers to support customer site.
Nov 2003—Mar 2004 Progress Energy, Raleigh NC Senior Developer
(VS.Net 2003, C#, ASP.Net, Oracle, IIS, Crystal Reports)
• Implemented Crystal Reports and security into Fuel management system using ASP.NET and
• Created user security using C# and Forms-Authentication in web application with Oracle
• VB.Net Windows application created to handle a file batch processing system on external
Oct 2001- Sep 2003 GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), Durham NC Technical Lead
(VS.Net 2003, VB.Net, ASP.Net, ASP, Oracle, IIS, MTS)
• Migrated Forecasting Excel application to ASP application and then to .NET using ASP.NET
• Initial development consisted of VB COM, Oracle, and MTS and then moved strictly to .NET in
February of 2002.
• Supervised a team of 4 developers to convert a system that was inadequate and used as an
Excel application over to a GSK intranet ASP.NET application
• System utilizes Web Services, ASP.NET custom user controls, and some third party tools to
access the active directory.
• Implemented daily software builds as well as automated Unit Testing and overall application
setup and development processes.
Jan 2000–Oct 2001 eHomecare, Raleigh NC Senior Developer
(VB 6, ASP, SQL Server 2000, IIS)
• Developed ActiveX Controls and COM Objects for the GUI on a Win2000 pen unit for
healthcare professionals to enter patient information. ActiveX Controls were developed for
ease of replicating duplicate functions within the application.
• Development of Internet based application using ASP and COM with extensive work in ASP
dealing with SQL Server, COM and secure sites.
• COM development with Visual Basic 6.0 using ADO, SQL Server 7.0/2000 and ActiveX
• Worked on both the client application extensively making ActiveX user controls and on the web
Mar 1999–Jan 2000 Actium (Modis Solutions), Cary NC Developer
(VB 6, ASP, SQL Server 7/2000)
• Developed automated process for tracking files imported into a SQL Server database using
Visual Basic, COM and Exchange server.
• Developed Resource management website used to track the consultants knowledge base in
conjunction with their biographical information. Information was kept in a SQL Server 6.5
database. Website utilized ASP and ADO to perform the processes.
• Developed Outlook and MS Access application for Ford automobile dealership which allowed
sales professionals and managers to track daily goals and quotas.
1983– 1999 U.S. Marine Corps USA and abroad
Nuclear, Biological and Chemical Defense Instructor
• Developed Inventory Tracking system to monitor the shelf life and inventory of all chemical
defense items within the United States Marine Corps. Utilized VB 5.0, Crystal Reports, Data
Widgets, Calendar Widgets and MS Access. System is used on over 2000 computers world-
wide and is now the Marine Corps standard system for tracking the entire chemical defense
items used within the Marine Corps.
• My entire time in the service was not towards software development, just the last three years.
The previous time was as an instructor.
• MCP Visual Basic .NET, Window-based Applications
• MCP Visual Basic .NET, Web-based Applications
• MCP Visual Basic 5.0
• MCP Visual Basic 6.0 for Desktop Applications
• MCP Visual Basic 6.0 for Distributed Applications
• ASP – Association of Shareware Professionals