• Marriott International, Inc. is a world leader in the
• It has more than 2,600 properties located in 65 countries
In 1927, J. Willard Marriott set up a nine-seat root beer
shop in Washington.
In 1937, it entered into airline catering.
In 1967, Marriott Corporation.
In 1987, Marriott ventured into economy lodging.
In 1993, Marriott International Inc & Host Marriott Corporation
In 2002, over 2,300 hotels with annual sales of $20 billion.
1980’s – (MARSHA)
reservation system for Hotel
1998’s – Now e-business strategy
IT application: sales, accounting and HR.
CRM Application – Siebel system
How Does MARSHA work ???
PC or Phone call
• Elimination of the lag-time between clients original requests for
housing and their receipt of a Marriott confirmation.
• An increase in reservation accuracy
• An increase in clients’ or association members satisfaction
• A decrease in the time you spend managing reservation problems
Customer Relationship Management
( managing relationship with customer making
use of information technology)
XML service used by E-CRM
The Travel Web Hotel XML is an industry leading
web service and hotel affiliate program. It was
acquired by price line in 2003 and was originally
founded by brands which included Hilton, Hyatt,
IHG, Marriott, Starwood, Pegasus Systems, and
• Complete control over the look and feel of your web site, access to all
• Intercontinental, LaQuinta, Marriott, Starwood and many more. 60,000
total properties, 25,000 merchant properties, 12,000 cities worldwide.
•Handles 30 properties per request with an excellent response time and
• Emails about Special
Offers and Promotions
• eFolio - receive hotel
bills by email
Creation of New Market Channels
Increased Customer Satisfaction
Increased Customer SLA Satisfaction
In 1999 Marriott earned
a revenue of $150 mn
from the online booking
through its website.
Estimates for 2000
indicated that every
month the website
received 3 mn hits making
it one of the largest
viewed websites in the US
By 2002 the website
earned Marriott sales of
$ 1 bn.
The eCRM strategy emphasized on increasing revenues earned per
1.Serving Customers Proactively
Personalized Service Offerings-
Enhancing Brand Loyalty
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.