- monoculture, agrochemicals
- tenfold increase 1970-2001
- loss of cultivated land
- water shortage
- shift in labor
● Indonesian government
● Subak head
● National government
● Regional government
● The water temple
● NGOS and International agencies
● International/National investors
● Problem of fit
● Social networks
● Institutions - organisations and norms/practices
● Importance of the subak as managers of waterways
● Connection between tourism and rice cultivation
Problem of fit - one size fits all?
Commercialization of water - policy
implications of the private-public
Positive or negative effects of Bali’s
status as a World Heritage Site?
Cultural values and dynamics - societal
stratification, caste naming system
Gender perspective on water shortage
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.